Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing'
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pre-wash stages, Washing, Drying, Clay & 'Quick Detailing' Sponsored by Ultimate Finish. Suppliers of high quality detailing products including Swissvax, Gtechniq, Specialised Covers, Dodo Juice, R222, Bilt-Hamber, Meguiars, 3M, Aqua Gleam and more. Loyalty Scheme for returning customers. www.TheUltimateFinish.co.uk

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15-04-2018, 04:29 PM   #11
voon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
voon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Chocolate & Mountainpassland
Posts: 758
Thanks: 34
Thanked 249 Times in 215 Posts
Garage
Mh tardis is sold on many car sites .. pretty normal and known product.

https://www.valeterworld.com/autosma...upplydirectcom

Last edited by voon; 15-04-2018 at 04:36 PM.
voon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 04:37 PM   #12
MadOnVaux!
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
MadOnVaux!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,387
Thanks: 175
Thanked 1,090 Times in 1,022 Posts
Gtechniq tar remover is the best I have ever used....starts working immediately and just melts it off!
MadOnVaux! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #13
Imprezaworks
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 114
Thanks: 58
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
I use tardis in work, it’s free lol

Pretty good tbh. Not imo as good as iron x etc but then it’s free
Imprezaworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 07:03 PM   #14
neilmcl
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,156
Thanks: 228
Thanked 397 Times in 309 Posts
Another vote for CarChem tar & glue remover if you're having trouble, or couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to get hold of Tardis.

It's not unusual to have lots of tar on your bodywork at the moment given that all the councils are busy repairing our crumbling road network at the moment due to the recent weather over the last few months.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to neilmcl For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (15-04-2018)
Old 15-04-2018, 07:20 PM   #15
Brian1612
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 4,230
Thanks: 1,707
Thanked 2,926 Times in 1,914 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmcl View Post
Another vote for CarChem tar & glue remover if you're having trouble, or couldn't be bothered with the hassle of trying to get hold of Tardis.

It's not unusual to have lots of tar on your bodywork at the moment given that all the councils are busy repairing our crumbling road network at the moment due to the recent weather over the last few months.
Agree with this. Cheap and as effective as tardis without all the rubbish trying to get it from a rep.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2018, 07:31 PM   #16
Benfr16
PC Perfectionist
 
Benfr16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 317
Thanks: 262
Thanked 80 Times in 66 Posts
Garage
Awesome thanks guys. Will be better prepared next time. Half my car needs a single stage polish now lol..

Pretty busy at the minute and while it's nice to have the option of meeting a face who supplies the products, it's not ideal as the only way to do business!
Benfr16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:07 PM   #17
rasA4
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 88
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
anyone know where i can get Tardis 1 litre size all i see is 5 litre, which is way too much for me
rasA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 10:44 PM   #18
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cambridge
Posts: 3,429
Thanks: 454
Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasA4 View Post
anyone know where i can get Tardis 1 litre size all i see is 5 litre, which is way too much for me
The only place you will buy less than a 5 litre can will be from a non authorised reseller, and you will have no certainty that the product will either be genuine, be sold in a suitable container, or will be delivered legally (it is illegal to post flammable liquids via Royal Mail).

Why not try posting your location, as someone local may be able to split a 5l can with you?
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
rasA4 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:12 PM   #19
rasA4
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 88
Thanks: 21
Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
The only place you will buy less than a 5 litre can will be from a non authorised reseller, and you will have no certainty that the product will either be genuine, be sold in a suitable container, or will be delivered legally (it is illegal to post flammable liquids via Royal Mail).

Why not try posting your location, as someone local may be able to split a 5l can with you?
thanks
Im in Middlesex not far from M40 J1 and M25 J16
rasA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 11:23 PM   #20
BaileyA3
Orbital Oracle
 
BaileyA3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 697
Thanks: 204
Thanked 212 Times in 187 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imprezaworks View Post
I use tardis in work, it’s free lol

Pretty good tbh. Not imo as good as iron x etc but then it’s free
But they are two completely different types of products that remove different types of contaminants
BaileyA3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
claying, contamination, road, tar


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors