Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 676
Thanks: 16
Thanked 216 Times in 180 Posts
Garage
sonax perfect finish GLASS

Any one used this on glass, going to be polishing my car with this stuff in the next few days.

Am I wasting my time and should be using a proper glass polish ?
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 07:22 AM   #2
garycha
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
Thanks: 66
Thanked 109 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Any one used this on glass, going to be polishing my car with this stuff in the next few days.

Am I wasting my time and should be using a proper glass polish ?
I used it on glass roof of daughters Honda Jazz with an Megs MF cutting pad. It cleaned it a bit but didn't make it crystal clear - with lots of etching marks remaining.

I do have ceripro and 4" rayon pads and would use these to do Job properly. But it's messy and takes time, plus can get hot.

I have carpro cerium and Sonax perfect glass (contains cerium oxide) and these are far better on glass with right pads.

Not my fav thing to do on car.
garycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:17 AM   #3
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 676
Thanks: 16
Thanked 216 Times in 180 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by garycha View Post
I used it on glass roof of daughters Honda Jazz with an Megs MF cutting pad. It cleaned it a bit but didn't make it crystal clear - with lots of etching marks remaining.

I do have ceripro and 4" rayon pads and would use these to do Job properly. But it's messy and takes time, plus can get hot.

I have carpro cerium and Sonax perfect glass (contains cerium oxide) and these are far better on glass with right pads.

Not my fav thing to do on car.
I gave it a go last night and your right, it dident really touch it, just cleaned them a bit. Im worrying now as I got the perfect finish for removing the wash induced swirls from my paint and its hard VW paint so im hoping it will do a better job on the paint
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2018, 10:22 PM   #4
garycha
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 314
Thanks: 66
Thanked 109 Times in 86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
I gave it a go last night and your right, it dident really touch it, just cleaned them a bit. Im worrying now as I got the perfect finish for removing the wash induced swirls from my paint and its hard VW paint so im hoping it will do a better job on the paint
Sonax Perfect finish i find to be very effective on paint at swirls removal and refinement. I used it on VW Night Blue paint with Sonax PF and Megs MF finishing pads:






Sonax Perfect glass is more effective with rayon pads than paint pads, but still needs misting to keep it cool. It's hard work c,pard to paint corrections

Last edited by garycha; 09-06-2018 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Pics
garycha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors