Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 11-06-2018, 09:32 PM   #1
S-X-I
Distinguished Detailer

Garage
Best Pads for PC 7424?

Hi there,

I have a free pass coming up in a few weeks with the wife being on a Hen Weekend so I am planning on spending it giving he car (Fiat 500) the full works!

It has been a some time since I was a regular poster on this site and was looking for advice with regards to polishing pads for a PC 7424.

I will be using Meguiars 83 on some of the deeper marks then going over the full car with Meguiars 80.

In the past I have used the Sonus SFX Pads but was looking to see if there are any better ones the market for a similar price?

Any comments would be appreciated.
S-X-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:37 PM   #2
Atkinson91
Washmitt Meister

If your happy with the performance from the sonax pads, keep using them!

However, I know we all love tinkering with new stuff, so, I use scholl pads pretty much all the time now other than when I get a car that isn't finishing down right when I them, then I'll switch out to a super soft meguiars black foam finishing pad, the old thick ones which I don't think you can get anymore now

Oh, meguiars microfibre pads works a treat on getting defects out, they do tend to leave little tick marks of their own though and you've got to keep them clean and fluffy too
Atkinson91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2018, 01:53 AM   #3
H-M3
PC Perfectionist

I think the Urofibre pads Imran @ in2detailing sells get good rating, I have been meaning to buy some myself but due to time I have stalled. I myself still have the trusted Porter Cable like yourself inc the Makita rotary but recently been looking at the new Makita machine which is a DA and a Forced rotary. It’s getting shining reviews. All the best
H-M3 is offline   Reply With Quote