Detailing World Forum banner

Flex 3401

4K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Simz 
#1 ·
I'm interested in buying a flex 3401, just thought I'd ask what's your opinions on this machine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I have a flex rotary and all I will say is that for a professional machine it is not very user friendly.

Take a look at a woodworking router or even the little mains driven Dremel and it is very easy to change the brushes.

With Flex the machine has to be taken apart.

Brushes need to be run in but they also need to be changed regularly as they draw the heat away from the commutator and they can only do that down to a certain size.

Other than that my rotary works very well maintaining the speed no matter how hard I press.

#15 ·
Sorry Andy but I need to correct you on that statement. A very well known pro has put on here elsewhere that he's used his relentlessly for nearly 5 years on the same brushes. I'm only chipping in mate as I don't want to see the op put off by an incorrect claim. I also have a 3401 and jump up from a das6 and it was the best move I ever made. Cheers dude.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#6 ·
perhaps you should state what experience you have machine polishing?
how often will you be using it?
alot of factors can help decide which machine is best suited to your needs!

however if you do a search you will find lots of threads on the flex 3401. I had one but didnt use it as I sold it on in favour of going for a rupes mkii lhr15 as I felt it would be better suited to my needs,

#13 ·
No I haven't done the washer mod, but I did ask on here:thumb:
I've got the 401 as well but not really had many hours on it yet but am looking forward to use it very soon especially when it comes to correction work.

How come you didn't get on with it:thumb:

#19 ·
moochin, That is good then and I stand correct which is a good thing. It would be interesting to see what the wear is like on that machine. Maybe the motor runs at a much lower speed than on others so the wear is much less.

I still stand by my statement that Flex are not user friendly when it comes time for the brushes to be changed though.

In use the machines are good. I also have a DAS6 and now I have zero vibrations with the rotary and superior accuracy when going round trims and edges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.