Detailing World Forum banner

Detailingworld™ Lite Review - Alien Magic Interior Pro

11K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cossiecol 
#1 ·
Firstly thanks goes to team at Alien Magic for sending out the Interior Pro to test and review.

About Ailen Magic:
Having been involved in the motor trade industry for over 15 years in 2014 while running a successful sports and prestige car sales company i realised i wanted to get more involved in the motor industry. In April 2016 while ordering car detailing products for the business i realised i was disappointed with the similarity of products available on the market that were not achieving the high standards i was looking for.

Alien Magic started off as a personal hobby for me detailing my friends, family and my own cars trying to maintain the best possible showroom shine and protection. I decided to create my own range of products that concentrated on using the best ingredients that are not only cost effective but produced outstanding results without compromise. All our products are hand made in the uk using the finest pharmaceutical grade ingredients available on the market.

The Product:

The Interior pro arrived well wrapped and in a good quality bottle.What's a nice addition is a new style of locking the trigger which makes it a lot easier to use compared to some of the other locking systems out there, see below for the bigger lock:

What Alien Magic Say?

"Why Interior Trim PRO?

Owning a vehicle means there is a very strong chance you will spend more time inside the car than you will admiring the glossy shine on the paintwork. Remaining clean, fresh and protected is the only way to enjoy it and retain much of its value

Interior Trim Pro is an advanced high concentration of innovative Waterborne Waxes which penetrate and bond with interior plastics and rubber to create a protective, long-lasting satin coat.

Coated surface are replenished, restored and refreshed, it also contains anti-static properties which reject dirt, dust build up and fading caused by UV rays.

The durability of Interior Trim PRO is outstanding with up to 2 months protection depending on usage and regular maintenance. Exceptional results on flat and textured surfaces leaving non sticky or greasy feel to the touch.

A 200ml bottle will last 6-12 months with multiple applications.

Key Benefits

Leaves surfaces feeling clean without any sticky or greasy residue
Protects all hard interior surfaces
Gentle formula will not stain or discolour surfaces
Protects for up to 2 months from a single application
Replenishes, restores and refreshes interior trim
Satin finish
Car Care Advice

Interior trim coatings provide an essential barrier to protect your hard surfaces from dirt, grime, fading, oils and grease. Protection for your interior trim is essential in maintaining that new car feel and retaining the value of your vehicle.

Direction For Use

Ensure the trim has been cleaned prior to application
We highly recommend using Pristine - anti-static hard surface cleaner prior to application
Apply a 3-4 drops of Interior Trim Pro onto a microfibre cloth or small applicator
Spread a thin and even layer over trim
Leave to dry naturally"

The Use:

So after an eternity of bad weather (it is winter after all) the good lady's car was in a sorry state, from memory it was over 10 week since it was last cleaned.

Once I have removed a lot of dirt from the dash it was time to test interior pro. I applied a small amount to a MF cloth and applied in a thin layer, a little seemed to go quite a long way. To be honest I wasn't too impressed with the look when it was applied.

However after it had cured it left a much better look to the dash:

Only time will tell if it will last for the predicted eight weeks and assist with repelling dust, even if it doesn't the dash looked considerably better.

There is a negative aspect to the review, wether it was caused due to the very cold temperatures or not I'm not sure, however none of my other products (which are stored in the same location) were affected.

When I went back out to the garage I happened to have a look at the bottle again and noticed the below:

I'm not too sure what it is, perhaps the product crystallising or not but the result of this means that the bottle can probably not be used again (at least for me it does).

Price:
Interior Pro is available from Alien Magic and is costed at £14.99 for 200ml (excluding P&P and any discounts).

Would I use this again?
I have to be honest and say no, the issue with the bottle has really put me off.

Cossie's verdict?:
A good quality product which did leave a good finish once it cured, yes it's easy to leave smears with this type of product but that shouldn't put you off if your trim need "freshening up". Aside from the issue with the test bottle there are very little negatives.

Thanks for reading, as usual if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cheers

Cossiecol

"DW has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test "

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.