Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General > Detailing Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Detailing Chat Got a detailing related question that doesn't fit in any other section? Post it in here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2017, 04:23 PM   #1
TheWeeknd
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Car chem disappointing (IMO)

I'd like to tell you about my utter disappointment with car chem. I wanted to buy their car shampoo for a while and just finished my Chemical guys, Friday night looked at their website to see 5L 1900:1 for 21.99 but didnt know which fragrance to get, woke up Saturday and noticed price went up so facebook messaged them which they read about 10 mins later (9:00am) and never replied, phoned today and asked if they would honour the price as I just missed out bearing in mind there wasnt a sale end date/time.

Their response its been on for 1 month (which I didnt know) and unfortunately has to come to an end. Disappointed in his response to be fair, if it was on for a month surely 1 more at sale price would be ok and would have possibly got a customer for life but oh well!

What else can I buy in bulk thats good and similar price?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheWeeknd is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 04:28 PM   #2
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
macca666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 1,683
Thanks: 1,094
Thanked 1,064 Times in 677 Posts
Garage
Have to say I think you're being a bit unfair on Car Chem not many companies would run a sale then when it finishes honour a sale price though you were unfortunate just missing out if it didn't have a finish date.

As for bulk sizes I don't buy shampoo in bulk as I'd never get through it but there's a current thread on here for someone looking to buy in bulk and there's a few recommendations

Here's the link though just realised ironically the poster has carchem shampoo it's more about suppliers offering bulk sizing...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=399401

Last edited by macca666; 09-10-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Link added.
macca666 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017), Kerr (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 04:32 PM   #3
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 4,497
Thanks: 1,564
Thanked 2,172 Times in 1,639 Posts
Garage
Even at the non-sale price, 1900:1 is still one of the best (and most economical) shampoos going. Bilt Hamber Auto Wash is also recommended for use at 2000:1 (5ml in 10 litres of water).

CarChem do also offer a 12.5% discount code to DW members.

Last edited by steelghost; 09-10-2017 at 05:00 PM.
steelghost is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017), WHIZZER (12-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 04:38 PM   #4
TheWeeknd
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
Have to say I think you're being a bit unfair on Car Chem not many companies would run a sale then when it finishes honour a sale price though you were unfortunate just missing out if it didn't have a finish date.

As for bulk sizes I don't buy shampoo in bulk as I'd never get through it but there's a current thread on here for someone looking to buy in bulk and there's a few recommendations

Here's the link though just realised ironically the poster has carchem shampoo it's more about suppliers offering bulk sizing...

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=399401


I respect your opinion, have dealt with many other suppliers and all have been fantastic, Yeah i missed out by a couple of hours and emailed straight away which they decided to read and not reply, first time dealing with them and defo would be.

Might be the best for money wise but they have lost my business

For the sake of one customer who had a genuine reason why he never bought it the night before is kinda ****


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheWeeknd is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheWeeknd For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017), macca666 (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 04:49 PM   #5
Kerr
Distinguished Detailer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 8,835
Thanks: 1,419
Thanked 5,807 Times in 3,766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWeeknd View Post
I respect your opinion, have dealt with many other suppliers and all have been fantastic, Yeah i missed out by a couple of hours and emailed straight away which they decided to read and not reply, first time dealing with them and defo would be.

Might be the best for money wise but they have lost my business

For the sake of one customer who had a genuine reason why he never bought it the night before is kinda ****


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There has been some really unfair company shaming threads on here over the years. Your one ranks right at the top.

I don't think you'll get the backing of anyone over this.
Kerr is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kerr For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017), Clarkey-88 (13-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:11 PM   #6
TheWeeknd
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 52
Thanks: 1
Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
There has been some really unfair company shaming threads on here over the years. Your one ranks right at the top.



I don't think you'll get the backing of anyone over this.


Glad to hear it mate,

Not looking for any backing but just letting people know of my experiences


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheWeeknd is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TheWeeknd For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:37 PM   #7
LeeH
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
LeeH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,180
Thanks: 125
Thanked 254 Times in 194 Posts
There has to be a cut off, you missed that cut off.

Personally I would suck it up instead of *****ing about it on a public forum.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
LeeH is online now  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LeeH For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017), chongo (09-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:43 PM   #8
AndyA4TDI
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 4,090
Thanks: 2,296
Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,276 Posts
I find this post really disappointing, had some cracking deals off Car Chem over the years. You were simply too late, end of.
AndyA4TDI is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to AndyA4TDI For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:49 PM   #9
Hereisphilly
Dw Reviewer
 
Hereisphilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gainsborough
Posts: 2,583
Thanks: 858
Thanked 1,599 Times in 995 Posts
As above, you missed the cutoff which is unfortunately entirely your own fault

Carchem have no obligation to message you over the weekend, outside of work hours
Bashing them in public for something they haven't done wrong is not on in my opinion
Hereisphilly is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Hereisphilly For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017)
Old 09-10-2017, 05:59 PM   #10
wayne451
Washmitt Meister
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 166
Thanks: 19
Thanked 124 Times in 79 Posts
This one is a non-argument.
wayne451 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to wayne451 For This Useful Post:
CarChem (12-10-2017)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors