Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Old 12-03-2018, 02:23 PM   #1
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Collinite 476 s New formula?

Just wondering have Collinite changed their formula or is it just new packaging.

I have just bought a new tin as I love the stuff. It seems to be the same and applies as it did, maybe doesn't smell quite as strong, always a bit of a chemical smell to me.

On my old tin which is around 5 years old the instructions say:-

"To obtain best results. 1) apply wax with a clean soft damp cloth or sponge to a section at a time and let dry to a haze. 2)Polish lightly with another clean, dry soft cloth to produce a brilliant lustre."

On the new tin just received the instructions say:-

"Do not apply in direct sunlight. Surface should be pre-cleaned, contaminant free and feel lukewarm to the touch. Apply wax in THIN even coat to 2 X 2 foot section at a time with applicator pad. As wax begins to dry/haze, polish off with dry microfiber or soft cotton towel. Not recommended for Rubber trim or glass,"

Edit: when I say "new packaging" it's just wording to the rear of the tin that's changed.

Got to say I have always used a damp applicator, often did the whole car and allowed around 30 mins cure time before buffing off. I never worried about using it on the whole car incl rubber and some side and rear glass. Also I have used it on sunny days without problem. Always had great results.

So I am intrigued as to why the change of heart by the manufacturers if the product hasn't changed?

Last edited by westerman; 12-03-2018 at 02:27 PM.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #2
gally
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,255 Times in 1,535 Posts
Garage
I would always do 467s a panel or 2 at a time at the most. Used to set like concrete!
gally is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gally For This Useful Post:
westerman (13-03-2018)
Old 13-03-2018, 10:25 AM   #3
westerman
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Done THIN I never had a problem with removing. I do know a lot of people have run into problems because they applied too much product.
I wonder if they have had complaints and so now recommend 2 X 2 foot square at a time?

It still doesn't explain why the rest of the directions have been changed as I never had problems in sun, or with rubber and side or rear glass.
westerman is offline   Reply With Quote