Detailing World Forum banner

What products to mix with Sonax BSD other than V07 ?

306K views 465 replies 147 participants last post by  GleemSpray 
#1 ·
As the title states other than V07 what are some good QDs to mix with sonax bsd to make it easier to use ?

I have tried with plusher towels etc but can't get along with the BSD alone. I much prefer how it works mixed with v07 but I'm just wondering if anyone has found a cheaper alternative than v07 to give the BSD a slicker less grabby feel ?

#200 ·
50/50 BSD & Gyeon Cure!

Hi guys,

Seeing as everyone is trying different products with BSD I thought I would have a go too.

I tried Gyeon Cure and just simply sprayed on and wiped off and the no streaks were left.

I used this over the top of OCD Nebula to just finish off and remove and small marks I could see.

The beading is brilliant!!!

#201 ·
Hi guys,

Seeing as everyone is trying different products with BSD I thought I would have a go too.

I tried Gyeon Cure and just simply sprayed on and wiped off and the no streaks were left.

I used this over the top of OCD Nebula to just finish off and remove and small marks I could see.

The beading is brilliant!!!
Pics or it didn't happen.....
:)

#203 ·
My biggest dislike about bsd is the way it sprays ( a narrow squirt rather than a proper spray ) no doubt cos it's thick and not as watery as others I have d+d as well and I'm going to mix them see if improves the sprayability ( is that a word) should i mix in d+d bottle if the spray nozzle is better or stick with the original bsd bottle

#209 ·
One thing i found with my initial play with neat BSD is that it spreads much more easily with a damp mf. On a bit of dry paint i tried, with a dry cloth, it was a bit thick and heavy to work around.

AG AquaWax is similar and can be a little "grabby" if you use a dry mf or dry paint.

So with AquaWax i have a habit of using a fresh costco mf cloth laid in the rinse water or even run under the tap, then wrung out.

It seems to make it a lot easier to use, and in my limited experiments BSD is the same.

Still intend making a little mix of BSD and AquaWax tho to see what happens !! :)

#211 ·
Hey, anyone had any issues using bsd and d114?
I use d114 as waterless wash or as qd sometimes to clean the paint(not intended to enhance paintwork).
Recently I bought BSD, I used it on noncorrected paint, clayed, glazed and waxed and applied bsd. Tested the water beading. It was same as its claimed.
Next morning I used d114 ( 1:128 ) to clean the light dust. After I sprayed simple water to test beading and it was gone.
Has anyone got such kinda experience?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

#213 ·
I have been trying c2v3 this week and while it creates a very hydrophobic finish, it doesnt have the tightest beading. Tried a little experiment this afternoon with c2v3 mixed 1:4, then mixed 2:1 with BSD, and did half of SWMBOs little Fiesta with it while I did straigh c2v3 1:4 on the other side.

The BSD mix was still slightly grabby going on, and wasnt slick initially but by the time I had done the other half of the car it had taken on a slicker feel again. We're due a few days rain now so it will be interesting to see if there is an obvious difference. I suspect with the dilutions I've used it will give more of a BSD beading effect. I just dont want to lose the benefit of the c2v3 protection and dirt reduction in the process. Think I may end up just adding BSD in much smaller amounts to the c2v3 QD mix - maybe c2v3 (diluted):BSD 10:1 and see what happens?

#214 ·
To me BSD and FinishKare #425 is a winner, it mixes well gives an amazing finish and the beading and sheeting is unreal for a QD. I have tried BSD with V07 and have to say im not a huge fan, in my opinion BSD+#425 is far better better finish, and the sheeting is better and at 20£ less(for a gallon) #425 is a no brainier.

#215 ·
has anyone got a full list of the BSD mixes that's been used so far to keep it all easy to spot? :) 214 posts is a lot to trawl through haha!! i know so far we've had:

adams details spray
chemical guys c2v2
chemical guys vo7
autoglanz smooth velvet
autobrite direct project 32
dodo juice basics of bling detailing spray
finishkare #425
gyeon cure
bilt hamber auto QD

if this list could be copied added to and pasted when you've tried something i think it could make it easier for all to find in future :)

#219 ·
has anyone got a full list of the BSD mixes that's been used so far to keep it all easy to spot? :) 214 posts is a lot to trawl through haha!! i know so far we've had:

adams details spray
chemical guys c2v2
chemical guys vo7
autoglanz smooth velvet
autobrite direct project 32
dodo juice basics of bling detailing spray
finishkare #425
gyeon cure
bilt hamber auto QD

if this list could be copied added to and pasted when you've tried something i think it could make it easier for all to find in future :)
This picture below is a it was raining today! OCD Nebula 2 weeks ago and washed Saturday with Wowo's Dry Shampoo then finished with the 50/50 mix of BSD & Gyeon Cure!

After the sun came out a while later! It ain't the easiest QD I have used but it certainly is not difficult!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

#217 ·
I mixed some BSD 50:50 with AG Express Wax (AquaWax) yesterday in a spray bottle and if this rain ever stops ....

... Am hoping to wash car later today and apply as a drying aid if the promised dry and sunny period happens this afternoon.

Have to say tho, the BSD that i put on two and a half weeks ago is still beading and shining as epic as day one, despite the almost daily monsoons, including driving it up the motorway !! Its very durable stuff, alright.

#218 ·
Yay!! - the sun is out in Manchester this aftenoon !:detailer:

So i tried BSD and Autoglym Express Wax (AquaWax) mixed 50:50 and used as a partial drying aid on a car that already had BSD on. It was washed with plain shampoo (AG Bodywork Shampoo) and then had approx. 80% of the rinse water removed.

The BSD / Aquawax mix was slightly easier to use as it’s a little thinner and runnier than plain BSD. I noticed that it was a little bit more “Oily” (?) when it’s on the paint, so you end up chasing it around a fraction more than plain BSD, as it doesn’t just dry almost straight away like plain BSD, but it wasn’t a big issue.

Finish wise, it looks very slightly warmer than BSD and the metal flake definitely stood out a bit more. It had noticeably lost a little of that glassy ice look, but had also lost a little of the “Wow” bling you get from plain BSD and had an altogether more subtle look. You can tell there is wax involved somehow, if you see what I mean.

It does stand out a lot more than just using AquaWax alone though. Hosepipe test shows the beading appears pretty much the same as plain BSD.

I like it – it’s a nice combo. A kind of sparkly warm glow.

Lets see how it holds up to the weather !!

#220 ·
quick update on my latest one of BSD/P32 50/50 mix went on very easily, a couple of squirts per panels were enough and pleased to say it came off a breeze, no dragging or any signs of difficult removal! was in a rush so couldn't grab a finished shot but left a lovely glow on the paint adding to to the brilliant finish already supplied by O.C.D waxes nebula.... looks like we had a downpour last night so here's so beading shots :D i know they aren't the best but they're certainly not bad by all means :thumbs:

#230 · (Edited)
here is a beading pics of BSD mixed with FK#425 and have in mind that its 10 days(500miles) since the car was washed and i use the BSD+#425 mix as a drying aid and the beading and sheeting is still going strong
Does FK#425 mixed with the BSD add any more of a slick feeling to the paint than BSD alone? I used the 425 after washing tonight rather than the BSD mix and had forgot how slick it leaves the paint feeling.

I am really happy with the BSD and Adams QD mix,great finish and easy to use, almost melts into the paint, BUT it means buying the Adams QD purely to mix it with the BSD, where as I am long term user of the 425 as a QD.

So it maybe a more cost effective way for me to just mix the BSD with 425 especially as there are retailers out there selling both products to make ordering easier.

My two staple and stocked go to QD's are FK425 or Clearkote Quickshine - anyone mixed the latter with BSD?

#227 ·
A bit late to the party on this BSD stuff, but after making a return to my former self and getting back into keeping the cars up together. But I must say a massive thanks to anyone suggesting the BSD and Adams mix.

After seeing some of the posts on here and especially on Bristle Hound's blue Audi I took the punt and order a bottle of BSD and some Adams QD last week for my own blue car.

I must confess I didn't even try the BSD on it's own and just mixed it in an Autoglym spray bottle with the Adams as soon as they arrived.

Super happy with how it applies and the results. Can't believe how good it looks for such little effort!

#228 ·
Used Sonax Xtreme Wax & Polish 3 by machine yesterday, and it left an incredible slick surface, and when I finished with a spray of BSD the slickness remained.

I've said it before but its worth repeating I think, that how BSD works and feels is obviously very dependent on the products (LSPs and shampoos) that its used with. When I use Sonax shampoo for the wash then BSD is as easy to use as any QD but use it after ONR and its the usual slightly grabby product again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.