Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 30-03-2017, 08:02 AM   #1
Robino
Unwashed Member

Wax or sealant over Sep on a white car

Autoglym
I have put 2 coats of Srp on my white focus rs, debating whether to use the sealant or hd wax, what would give the most stand out finish ?
And how many coats of Srp/wax /sealant would be
recomended
Robino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 08:24 AM   #2
mgtf
Sponge Jockey

Auto Glym egp then jet set seal 101

Last edited by mgtf; 30-03-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Typo
mgtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 09:01 AM   #3
cleslie
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Not too much point in putting multiple layers of SRP on as the cleaners in it will effect the layer below. A couple of layers of any LSP insn't a bad idea. I find the more glassy finish that sealants give suit light colours more but that's down to personal preference. Try a sealant and you can always top with a wax if you prefer the look a wax gives.
cleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-03-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Thanked 1,438 Times in 751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robino View Post
Autoglym
I have put 2 coats of Srp on my white focus rs, debating whether to use the sealant or hd wax, what would give the most stand out finish ?
recomended
Everyone has their own opinion on what the best thing to do in this instance is, but we would say go for the HD Wax. 1 good coat should be sufficient, but 2 will ensure you don't miss anywhere.

We did meet a chap that said once he got up to 30 coats of HD Wax on his car it started to get a bit greasy, so keep it below that and you should be ok

Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-2017, 09:22 PM   #5
Robino
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoglym View Post
Everyone has their own opinion on what the best thing to do in this instance is, but we would say go for the HD Wax. 1 good coat should be sufficient, but 2 will ensure you don't miss anywhere.

We did meet a chap that said once he got up to 30 coats of HD Wax on his car it started to get a bit greasy, so keep it below that and you should be ok
Can you tell me is there any benefit of extra coats of Srp or as other people have said that it strips back previous coats ??
Old 03-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #6
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

The jury is out on that. In theory the corrective properties that SRP does have, could be improved upon by repeated applications. However, as the product fills what it can't correct, you would have to strip the fillers out to see what improvements really had been made.

SRP is great if you want to use one product and be left with a great looking car, regardless of whether the defect is removed or merely masked. At the end of the day the car looks good, and that is what we are all after right? If you want deeper defects to be gone for good (and many of us do), then you would be better off using a dedicated compound, including papers where required and sometimes multiple machine applied products. But for a one step, AIO product we like to think it is up there with the best.

Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Old 26-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #7
Robino
Unwashed Member

I ended up using the sealant, but just wanted to know what's best to use over the car when I want to top up in between next polish , and how frequent should I be topping the Srp up
Old 27-04-2017, 09:19 AM   #8
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ

Use Rapid Aqua Wax to top up the protection in between big sessions with SRP and your chosen wax or sealant.

How often you use SRP is down to your circumstances, but 2-4 times a year would be the norm.

Old 27-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #9
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 3,797 Times in 2,225 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Autoglym
recomended
1 coat of SRP
1 coat of wax or sealant/wax

And if you take your time and don't rush you will not miss any areas

The LSP you use will give you the protection till other wise you choose to add another layer of protection or after your next wash you could apply another layer if you think it needs it

Last edited by chongo; 27-04-2017 at 09:39 AM. Reason: ......
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #10
Andyblue
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Autoglym
recomended
I used to have a white A5 and used the AG HD Wax on it, brought it up lovely with a great shine, easy to apply and wipe over, beads very well...
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote