Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Autoglym
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-04-2017, 06:43 AM   #1
todds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ireland
Posts: 958
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 484 Times in 342 Posts
Hi-tech finishing cloth

Does anyone know the polyester/polyamide % and the gsm of the red autoglym hi tech finishing cloth or it a closely guarded secret? Cant find it listed any where
todds
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
todds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ireland
Posts: 958
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 484 Times in 342 Posts
looks like no one knows anything about th hi tech finishing cloth
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:17 PM   #3
todds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ireland
Posts: 958
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 484 Times in 342 Posts
Over 300 views and no response. Come on people someone must know the answer to this????????????unless its a closely guarded secret.Even if autoglym responded they didnt want to tell
todds
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:46 PM   #4
tosh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
tosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Leamington Spa
Posts: 2,305
Thanks: 669
Thanked 717 Times in 616 Posts
Only AG can answer this one


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 07:29 PM   #5
brooklandsracer
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Southend
Posts: 397
Thanks: 143
Thanked 151 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by todds View Post
Does anyone know the polyester/polyamide % and the gsm of the red autoglym hi tech finishing cloth or it a closely guarded secret? Cant find it listed any where
todds
Does it really matter as it is a decent cloth. Just get on and use it
Seem to remember you not ordering from Fecks as Marcus wouldn't reveal information about his products in a competitive market.
Perhaps change your name to Quincy
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 02:28 PM   #6
Autoglym
Autoglym HQ
 
Autoglym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,963
Thanks: 1,006
Thanked 1,475 Times in 776 Posts
We don't normally share our formulation or product specifications.
__________________


Winner Detailing World Polish of The Year 2011, 2012, 2013 & 2014 Autoglym Super Resin Polish
Autoglym is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Autoglym For This Useful Post:
brooklandsracer (09-05-2017), todds (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
todds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ireland
Posts: 958
Thanks: 1,875
Thanked 484 Times in 342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklandsracer View Post
Does it really matter as it is a decent cloth. Just get on and use it
Seem to remember you not ordering from Fecks as Marcus wouldn't reveal information about his products in a competitive market.
Perhaps change your name to Quincy
It does matter if you care to go away and do proper research on mf cloths you may learn that the ratio of polyester to polyamide is very important regarding the quality of a cloth. also what country NOT THE EXACT MANUFACTURER of the cloth has a big bearing generally on the overall quality of the cloth. chinese and north korean cloths generally are to be avoided. Also the weave or napp of the cloth is important.The weight of the cloth is also a factor that is importantThe majority of reputable suppliers if you are willing to check rather than making smart comments show all this data in an open and transparent manner eg the rag company to name one.If some companies are not willing to divulge such basic information which is of no use to any competitor imo and just an excuse for laziness or poor customer care then i wont buy from them,plain and simple
regards
todds
PS sarcasam is the lowest form of wit or the highest form of intelligence and by your post it is clear which category you fall into
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to todds For This Useful Post:
Ads_ClioV6 (09-05-2017), brooklandsracer (09-05-2017), cheekymonkey (09-05-2017), Welshquattro1 (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 10:13 PM   #8
cheekymonkey
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
cheekymonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 4,936
Thanks: 3,097
Thanked 2,256 Times in 1,655 Posts
Have to agree knowing the gsm, split and country of origin of a towel or cloth, is important when wanting a quality towel. It is a must when the cloths are expensive, you expect top quality. Lets be honest the split gsm and origin of country wont give away any secrets will it.

Last edited by cheekymonkey; 09-05-2017 at 10:16 PM.
cheekymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheekymonkey For This Useful Post:
Ads_ClioV6 (09-05-2017), kvn618 (10-05-2017), todds (09-05-2017), Welshquattro1 (09-05-2017)
Old 09-05-2017, 10:57 PM   #9
brooklandsracer
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Southend
Posts: 397
Thanks: 143
Thanked 151 Times in 123 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by todds View Post
It does matter if you care to go away and do proper research on mf cloths you may learn that the ratio of polyester to polyamide is very important regarding the quality of a cloth. also what country NOT THE EXACT MANUFACTURER of the cloth has a big bearing generally on the overall quality of the cloth. chinese and north korean cloths generally are to be avoided. Also the weave or napp of the cloth is important.The weight of the cloth is also a factor that is importantThe majority of reputable suppliers if you are willing to check rather than making smart comments show all this data in an open and transparent manner eg the rag company to name one.If some companies are not willing to divulge such basic information which is of no use to any competitor imo and just an excuse for laziness or poor customer care then i wont buy from them,plain and simple
regards
todds
PS sarcasam is the lowest form of wit or the highest form of intelligence and by your post it is clear which category you fall into
Well Todds thats up to you if you choose not to buy from Fecks or Autoglym if they will not divulge their information to you.
Yes Todds lowest form of wit is me Am not inteligent at all But I can put out a fire when called upon and my wit and sarcasm is not as bad as some on the watch.

Last edited by brooklandsracer; 10-05-2017 at 12:24 AM.
brooklandsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 12:42 AM   #10
BadgerJCW
PC Perfectionist
 
BadgerJCW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 494
Thanks: 138
Thanked 208 Times in 154 Posts
Jeez, can't believe Autoglym won't let you know the cloth spec. That suggests to me its not worth shouting about.
BadgerJCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors