Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 06-10-2018, 01:31 PM   #21
Tykebike
Washmitt Meister

+1 on Geka fittings much better than all the different variants of the Hozelock types I've tried. The only downside is that you must ensure there is no pressure in the line to be able to disconnect them as even a slight weep from a worn tap washer can make is next to impossible to disconnect at the coupling.
The best thing though is that there is less of a pressure drop than with the Hozelock type.
Tykebike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #22
ttc6
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryAllen View Post
Thread revival.

Dried up product in fabric ? Is that an issue ? I use vax upholstery cleaner. £8 a bottle, dilutes at 20:1 and the vax machine just washes it through the top layer and extracts.... never 100% dry.

So that must be leaving some product in the fabric. No instructions to rinse.

Just intrigued why this might be a problem?
Probably needed reviving to be honest...

I suppose it depends what you use. I've never used a dedicated upholstery cleaner as such - just an APC diluted to suit the task at hand. I have found that if this isn't rinsed out properly it can leave a sticky residue behind which just seems to attract more dirt.

I presume that if the product you're using is specifically designed to be left in the fabric as it were, (used in the rinse water, whatever) either it evaporates or dries in a benign fashion. I had planned to use a specific rinse product in the water (hence the cheap hosepipe irrigation device I mentioned), but so far I've not found it necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tykebike View Post
+1 on Geka fittings much better than all the different variants of the Hozelock types I've tried. The only downside is that you must ensure there is no pressure in the line to be able to disconnect them as even a slight weep from a worn tap washer can make is next to impossible to disconnect at the coupling.
The best thing though is that there is less of a pressure drop than with the Hozelock type.
True, wish someone had told me this before I bought them! Next to impossible is the phrase. I've taken to briefly running the PW dry in order to pull a slight vacuum on the hose in order to disconnect it. I mean, they're lovely and all, but I'm hardly running a business... think I may have gone slightly OTT with them.
ttc6 is offline   Reply With Quote