Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 15-02-2017, 09:48 PM   #1
isctony
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Direct Hoses - Difference between HD, PHD and Thermal

I’m looking for a 10 meter hose for my K4 Eco pressure washer - its the one with a green quick connect 6m hose as standard mounted on a reel.

directhoses seem to offer good value hoses though I can't tell the difference between the three options - HD, PHD and Thermal?

The other thing that concerns me a little is that I've emailed them twice with no response...

Perhaps the more expensive Q washers on eBay is the way to go?

Anyone have any previous experience or advice!?

TIA - Anthony
isctony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 08:39 AM   #2
helicopter pat
Sponge Jockey

Save yourself the hassle and go for the Qwashers one. I had to send my Direct Hoses one back because it was unusable and customer service left a lot to be desired.
helicopter pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Mowbs
Washmitt Meister

I've just worked out after speaking to some helpful people on here that despite asking for the best quality rubber hose Direct Hoses had on the hose reel I bought from them, it's a plastic hose he's supplied me.

It took a lot of emails before I was able to purchase anything from him. I'll be going to Qwashers for a proper replacement.
Mowbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 09:33 AM   #4
STRicky
Sponge Jockey

I'm at the end of my tether with the OEM supplied one on my K4, is the direct hoses one so adept at coiling up in different directions as the Karcher one?
STRicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 10:38 AM   #5
neilmcl
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I would save yourself the hassle and go with Qwashers. DH really don't help themselves at all.

I'm sure Steve from wath will be along soon to tell us just how busy the guys is, etc, etc
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 10:42 AM   #6
neilmcl

Quote:
Originally Posted by STRicky View Post
I'm at the end of my tether with the OEM supplied one on my K4, is the direct hoses one so adept at coiling up in different directions as the Karcher one?
If you get a rubber hose, regardless of supplier, you shouldn't have this issue. There was a time when DH supplied a single type of single-wire, rubber hose (which I have myself and is great btw) but now they have different types and don't really explain what they are clearly enough and they are very difficult to get hold of to talk to. As above, you'd be better off with a Qwashers one, at least you know what you're going to get.
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2017, 11:06 AM   #7
Choppy
Orbital Oracle

I've got to say the same thing as everyone else, I recently Bought a 15m one from direct hose for my kranzle and turned out to be a crap quality hose that constantly kept trying to coil up and twist. Spoke to the guy at qwashers and got one for £5 more but with removable connectors on the ends and the hose quality is much better.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Choppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 03:21 AM   #8
JakeBlade
Sponge Jockey

My DH 12m hose for my K4 Eco has split, which I'm not too happy about either.

Does anyone have a link to the qwashers one? I'm having trouble working out which one I need on their eBay site for the hose reel on my K4 Eco (same one as OP).
JakeBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 08:38 AM   #9
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,445 Times in 1,840 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeBlade View Post
My DH 12m hose for my K4 Eco has split, which I'm not too happy about either.

Does anyone have a link to the qwashers one? I'm having trouble working out which one I need on their eBay site for the hose reel on my K4 Eco (same one as OP).
I'd message them to ask - they have replied very promptly on the couple of occasions I've contacted them.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #10
Leebo310

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I'd message them to ask - they have replied very promptly on the couple of occasions I've contacted them.
I messaged them about a replacement for my Nilfisk. Sent him a message on ebay, a text message to his mobile, a whatsapp to his phone and dialled the number and had no response to any of them.
Found the Direct Hoses shop on ebay, emailed them and had a response straight away so they got my business. Hose has turned up and the quality is brilliant, as was the customer service in getting it shipped in double quick time.
I seem to be in the minority based on the other responses on this thread but to me the QWashers service was non existent and DH was much better so I happily gave them my business and would recommend them to others.
Leebo310 is offline   Reply With Quote