Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk Ė | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 08-08-2017, 01:12 PM   #1
dannygdesigns
Unwashed Member

Kranzle time

Hi guys,

Was going to get the Karcher k4 full control a few months back but after some thought I have decided to go for a kranzle machine after seeing such good comments about them and just wanting that proper cleaning power to make my life easier.

Just a few questions based on the fact that it will be only used at home to wash my car normal hosepipe and plug.

K7 or K10?
Total stop or not?
Best place to get a good deal?
Foam lance to work with it, where's everyone getting them from these days?, I have an ebay one I currently use on my Karcher k2 however it doesn't seem to produce nice thick foam, might be the machine to blame actually.

Thanks
dannygdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
Mad Ad
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,332 Times in 926 Posts
Best thing to do is call Alex at Elite Car Care, he will provide the best info in what you are after, ask him any question you need and you can probably strike a deal with the DW discount code, as they sell the Kranzles and also the snow foam lance and attachment if need be.

They do recommend the K10 as it has a higher flow rate, but only if you have decent water pressure at the tap. If your water pressure isn't very powerful the K7 will be better.
I run a K7 at home as the flow rate is not great but it is perfectly fine and works well, it is not a total stop machine, but if I am not using it for awhile I just go and switch it off. I have had it now for about 6 years and never had a problem.

Last edited by Mad Ad; 08-08-2017 at 01:54 PM.
Mad Ad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad Ad For This Useful Post:
EliteCarCare (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 02:10 PM   #3
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,441 Posts
Garage
If you're "only" looking at normal home use ie hosepipe and mains then as well as the K7/K10, also worth looking at the K1050 series which offer a feature set tailored to home users. The K10 is a 10 litres a minute machine so offers appreciably more cleaning power, but is a bit lacking in features compared to the K1050 series (although the K1050P and K1050TS both have cheaper thermoplastic hoses, the K7, K10 and K1050TST all have rubber steel braided hoses).

You'll need a new fitting for the foam lance to use with the new machine but I'd see how well it works before replacing it.

Also worth a look is the Nilfisk P150.

Price-wise ring round, AutoBrite direct seem to have the best prices at the mo.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:26 PM   #4
dannygdesigns
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ad View Post
Best thing to do is call Alex at Elite Car Care, he will provide the best info in what you are after, ask him any question you need and you can probably strike a deal with the DW discount code, as they sell the Kranzles and also the snow foam lance and attachment if need be.

They do recommend the K10 as it has a higher flow rate, but only if you have decent water pressure at the tap. If your water pressure isn't very powerful the K7 will be better.
I run a K7 at home as the flow rate is not great but it is perfectly fine and works well, it is not a total stop machine, but if I am not using it for awhile I just go and switch it off. I have had it now for about 6 years and never had a problem.
Sorry if its a silly question but how would I determine whether or not the water pressure is powerful enough for the k10?
Old 08-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #5
Mad Ad

Thanked 1,332 Times in 926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygdesigns View Post
Sorry if its a silly question but how would I determine whether or not the water pressure is powerful enough for the k10?
You can test your tap flow rate by filling a 10 litre container and measuring how much you have after 60 seconds at full flow. If you get 10 litres or more go for the K10 if you only manage 5 litre K7 would suit also K7 if you are using a water butt or tank.
Mad Ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #6
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 1,894 Times in 1,441 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannygdesigns View Post
The HD10 (aka the K10) runs at 10 litres per minute / 600 litres per hour.

So get the hose connected to the water source you'd be using, get a bucket and run the hose into it for exactly 30 seconds, then measure the water in the bucket and double it. It needs to be at least 10 litres, if not a bit more to cover eg other taps being used at the same time and reducing flow.

Assuming this is the case then you should be fine, if you can get 15 litres down a hosepipe in a minute then the water pressure should be ample to keep a K10 fed.

Same thing applies for the K7 but it needs 7 litres a minute (that's why it's called the K7!)
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:56 PM   #7
dannygdesigns
Unwashed Member

great thanks guys will test when the weathers better.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:38 PM   #8
RonanF
Washmitt Meister

I was in the same boat as you a couple of months ago. I went for a K7 over the top end offerings from Nilfisk/Karcher, and am delighted that I did. It’s a serious piece of kit which oozes quality and will (hopefully) be the last pressure washer I ever buy.

I went with the K7 over the K10 as I don’t have a fantastic water pressure where I live and I like the fact that it works at a much lower RPM which makes it quieter and hopefully more reliable. It also gives me the option to draw from a water butt. I only use it domestically so I don’t really need the higher flow rate of the K10.

I did not get the total stop feature and I don’t regret this at all. I spent the equivalent amount on quick release fittings which are very handy (thank you for the advice Steelghost!). I don’t mind turning the machine on and off when required, that being said it’s more than happy to sit still turned on when not in use, it’s extremely quiet and unobtrusive.

It is quite compact and easy to store, however it’s HEAVY. If you have a bad back or other infirmity you might want to look at something a little lighter. The K7 is easily over 20kgs and is a pain to move anything but short distances. The hose is fantastic quality however it’s very prone to twisting which is becoming more and more frustrating. I’m moving to a new house soon and am definitely going to have a hose reel installed which should cure this.

I am using my old PA lance with it and it works perfectly. It was a bit of a chore finding the correct fittings but was worth it as it saved me the cost of a new Kranzle lance, which isn’t exactly cheap.

I got mine from Elite Car Care. They had the most competitive price and their customer service was superb, I’d happily buy form them again.

Last edited by RonanF; 09-08-2017 at 02:40 PM.
RonanF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RonanF For This Useful Post:
EliteCarCare (09-08-2017), steelghost (09-08-2017)
Old 09-08-2017, 04:05 PM   #9
dannygdesigns
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonanF View Post
I was in the same boat as you a couple of months ago. I went for a K7 over the top end offerings from Nilfisk/Karcher, and am delighted that I did. Itís a serious piece of kit which oozes quality and will (hopefully) be the last pressure washer I ever buy.

I went with the K7 over the K10 as I donít have a fantastic water pressure where I live and I like the fact that it works at a much lower RPM which makes it quieter and hopefully more reliable. It also gives me the option to draw from a water butt. I only use it domestically so I donít really need the higher flow rate of the K10.

I did not get the total stop feature and I donít regret this at all. I spent the equivalent amount on quick release fittings which are very handy (thank you for the advice Steelghost!). I donít mind turning the machine on and off when required, that being said itís more than happy to sit still turned on when not in use, itís extremely quiet and unobtrusive.

It is quite compact and easy to store, however itís HEAVY. If you have a bad back or other infirmity you might want to look at something a little lighter. The K7 is easily over 20kgs and is a pain to move anything but short distances. The hose is fantastic quality however itís very prone to twisting which is becoming more and more frustrating. Iím moving to a new house soon and am definitely going to have a hose reel installed which should cure this.

I am using my old PA lance with it and it works perfectly. It was a bit of a chore finding the correct fittings but was worth it as it saved me the cost of a new Kranzle lance, which isnít exactly cheap.

I got mine from Elite Car Care. They had the most competitive price and their customer service was superb, Iíd happily buy form them again.
Thank you Ronan,

Really glad to hear that your happy with your kranzle machine. Definitely made my mind up after a water test this morning my bucket filled to around 11-12 litres in 1 minute so I will go for the k10.

I do suffer from lower back problems so its not ideal if the machine is heavy but saying that I shouldnt need to move the machine far if at all as I wash my car just infront of the garage where it will be kept.

After looking online it does seem Elite Car Care have the best deals around especially combined with the DW discount code. I will reach out to them soon, hoping that they are doing a group buy soon

Thanks again.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:24 PM   #10
Jonny_R

You wont look back mate.

I bought my K1050 TS 12 months ago and its absolutely brilliant. Bought the additional rubber hose with it too and it is by far the best machine ive ever had with many nilfisk machines having failed by now from low end to high end machines.
Jonny_R is offline   Reply With Quote