Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by ValetPRO - ValetPRO was founded in 2005. We are a UK based company and manufacture our products from ValetPRO HQ in Newhaven, East Sussex. Our vision at ValetPRO is to produce the highest quality car care products and to be the trusted brand of choice for retailers, professional detailers and car care enthusiasts everywhere. We value creativity and are constantly looking for new ways to improve our existing products or develop new ones. We are on hand to provide expert advice on our products and we are always happy to hear about your experience from using any of the ValetPRO range and receiving any feedback that you may have.

Old 16-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #1
rhill1994
Unwashed Member

Wheel damage

Hi guys/gals,

I recently bought a set of BBS "style" wheels from gumtree, and they have a bit of damage round the edge. is there any cleaning products that will fix this or do they need a refurb? If anyone can shed some light that would be ideal.

Ryan

PS. i can't seem to upload photos

Last edited by rhill1994; 16-04-2018 at 02:33 PM.
rhill1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:04 PM   #2
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhill1994 View Post
Hi guys/gals,

I recently bought a set of BBS "style" wheels from gumtree, and they have a bit of damage round the edge. is there any cleaning products that will fix this or do they need a refurb? If anyone can shed some light that would be ideal.

Ryan

PS. i can't seem to upload photos
Their is no magic product, especial if its curbed, you will either need a refurb or touch it up yourself, if the lips are polished you'll need a refurb for sure.

If painted you might be able to touch up yourself, My powder coated winter wheels can be touched up with a fine brush and some black hammarite style paint after ive smoothed it a bit and you would only notice if your face to face with the wheels as they are matt black.

Can you give us some more info

-Colour where the damage is or are they polished
-Size of the damage, is it a small knock or a large gouge ?
Expected outcome, perfect or Passable?
\Rian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #3
rhill1994
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Their is no magic product, especial if its curbed, you will either need a refurb or touch it up yourself, if the lips are polished you'll need a refurb for sure.

If painted you might be able to touch up yourself, My powder coated winter wheels can be touched up with a fine brush and some black hammarite style paint after ive smoothed it a bit and you would only notice if your face to face with the wheels as they are matt black.

Can you give us some more info

-Colour where the damage is or are they polished
-Size of the damage, is it a small knock or a large gouge ?
Expected outcome, perfect or Passable?

they are bbs ch reps, that are black with polish lips. i think the lacquer is damaged and dirt has gotten in under it. the photos i have taken are too large to be uploaded.
rhill1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #4
dazzlers82
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
if you have a smartphone download tapatalk and can upload from there and resize I think.
dazzlers82 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dazzlers82 For This Useful Post:
todds (16-04-2018)