Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:58 AM   #11
andy__d
Washmitt Meister

as much of a Pain as it is
If the car is Tax'd mot'd and insured they can park them on the road

we have a taxi rental firm down the road, we get all the not rented out at the time Piles of ****e dumped up and down the road, they have 8 cars Anyway @ that 1 house, but use the road as a storage yard for the rental taxis (private hire cars not proper hackneys) And to store the wrecks they buy at auction on until they can repair (Bodge) them and then Rent those out,, Plus a couple of cars on the drive that a scrap yard wouldnt want that they do up (bodge) in a cut & weld type fashion then sell ,,

complaints have been made to local council ,,and mealy mouthed non answers recieved,
the police appeared and carted off one car , stolen, on false plates,
fire brigade have been and had words with them as they Are impeding access on the road and to Other peoples properties
and , they dont care and carry on ,,

IF you have a designated parking spot/residents scheme ,, make a PITA at the council / whoever enforces it till they sort the "fly parkers"

or set fire to the cars... (joke)
andy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy__d For This Useful Post:
rob warrington (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 08:32 AM   #12
Cookies
Distinguished Detailer + Dw Reviewer

Thanked 5,190 Times in 3,772 Posts
Garage
Are the parking spaces designated i.e. within a complex, or are they on a public road? Have you left a note on the car, explaining that they are private parking spaces?

Cooks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cookies For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #13
rob warrington
PC Perfectionist

Hi all. Thanks for all your replies.
Yes the parking spaces are owned by us ( the home owners )
I did consider buying a cheaper set of those trolleys and moving it myself. Iíve contacted the council in several occasions and just never hear back from them
Itís been moved again since and now isnít parked in anyoneís space or blocking anyone in but is still parked outside our houses, which ok isnít crime if he century but he or she is still using our road to hide his or hers cars
Our road is a small dead end road with only 9 houses so ideal for someone trying to hide cars out the way
As I said the tax ran out end of last month so itís now un taxed . Weíll see how long it remains there for.
If the cars were parked out the way none of us would of ever have said anything , itís the fact they are always being parked in our spaces and blocking us in that takes the biscuit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rob warrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #14
percymon
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Pasting a nice A3 sized 'Untaxed Vehicle' sign on the glass might deter them
percymon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to percymon For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 01:10 PM   #15
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by percymon View Post
Pasting a nice A3 sized 'Untaxed Vehicle' sign on the glass might deter them
Or add and police arenít botherdí take a pic and send to local paper lol
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:41 PM   #16
telewebby
Washmitt Meister

if it has only just become untaxed ie end of last month is it actually a trader who is buying them and moving the to his/her business or one of their drivers taking it to a new dealer?

does seem odd about how there are parking.
do they leave the trade plates in the car on show at all times? if so there is a way of tracing those to see who they belong to

Alex
telewebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #17
andy__d
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob warrington View Post
Hi all. Thanks for all your replies.
Yes the parking spaces are owned by us ( the home owners )
I did consider buying a cheaper set of those trolleys and moving it myself. Iíve contacted the council in several occasions and just never hear back from them
Itís been moved again since and now isnít parked in anyoneís space or blocking anyone in but is still parked outside our houses, which ok isnít crime if he century but he or she is still using our road to hide his or hers cars
Our road is a small dead end road with only 9 houses so ideal for someone trying to hide cars out the way
As I said the tax ran out end of last month so itís now un taxed . Weíll see how long it remains there for.
If the cars were parked out the way none of us would of ever have said anything , itís the fact they are always being parked in our spaces and blocking us in that takes the biscuit

ok so you Own the parking space
have a chat with your solicitor about parking notice and clamping see IF it is legal as you OWN the space to put a notice up stating that cars parked etc ,, clamped,, ££££ removal fee
andy__d is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy__d For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 04:13 PM   #18
TheNissanMan
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Great comment on honest johns website... as a suggestion, if you were to call the council regarding an abandoned car that children were playing in and trying to set fire to it may disappear quite quickly...
TheNissanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheNissanMan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 04:24 PM   #19
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,386 Times in 1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy__d View Post
ok so you Own the parking space
have a chat with your solicitor about parking notice and clamping see IF it is legal as you OWN the space to put a notice up stating that cars parked etc ,, clamped,, ££££ removal fee
illegal to clamp nowadays
bidderman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bidderman1969 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 10:09 PM   #20
rob warrington
PC Perfectionist

The council are useless tbh
2 years ago we had 6 vans and cars all parked down here it was a joke. Spoke to the council and they cane and said it doesnít meet abandoned car criteria so couldnít do anything. 5 of those went within a few month but one is still here and has been here and not moved for 2 years. Ok so the car is in the visitors parking bay but itís taking a space up other peoples friends and relatives could use ( this is another car now not the one we believe to be stolen ) the council have again said itís not abandoned and thereís nothing they can do .
I said well if thereís clearly vehicles being parked here that are either for sale or un taxed no motís etc etc I said surly someone of authority should be doing something but they just donít want to know
As I said earlier the expensive merc has been moved up the road out of view ( still on our little road )
I will have to try some of the suggestions mentioned here about emailing police and mpís etc.
Since I posted before another car turned up and parked in our neighbours space ( again had traders plates in the back ) apparently it was there all day until a Ďroughí looking guy ( our neighbours description ) picked it up and took off. What she means by rough Iíve no idea as she once described me as a rough arsed plumber when we fell out once haha

rob warrington is offline   Reply With Quote