Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > General Off Topic > Off Topic Chat
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2018, 12:36 PM   #521
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,386 Times in 1,065 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by should_do_more View Post
Yep. The problem is that the remaining states donít want to lose what they have and we are a great example of why not.

You have to put emotion and rhetoric to one side in this. Yes it is bullying, yes we are literally fighting to not be the poor man of Europe and yes it has put us in a bad place in terms of the EU. Greece still took the bail out deal and still remain in the EU though so Iím not taking much he says too seriously.

What the parties, and this 100% includes the remainers, didnít do is explain what happened next. All we hear is things like Ďof course now we canít move horses around the EUí. I think so? Then I read that we have a huge stud farm business, race days that generate millions in betting and hospitality, then you realise that no horses allowed to move about = no races. Itís that kind of thing that wasnít explained clearly to the electorate who if better informed would mean this whole debacle wouldnít have happened.

Itís 40 years in. Weíre getting divorced. Of course our ex will give little up and take as much as possible. Weíre the ones leaving. Weíve always been difficult in the relationship and always had it our own way. I canít blame them for telling us not to watch the door doesnít hit our backside on the way out.

We have a remainer negotiating for us. She should not be in that job. And all the leavers have gone very quiet and do nothing but say how rubbish Mayís plan is. Why hasnít one gone for a leadership challenge? Why has Boris vanished? Itís because they got what they didnít want and are all waiting until May gets shafted then will step in to deal with (not clean up) the mess.

ĎYou touched it lastí. All over it.
probably one of the best, down to earth and in plain English, ways to have described what is/could be happening

but surely there are ways around this, albeit long and time consuming, and probably expensive.

just wish the EU would realise we still need us to do business with, and making it so difficult surely doesn't look good in other countries eyes? on the flip side, maybe they're worried that the UK will show how good life is outside of the EU and afraid other countries will follow suit?
The Following User Says Thank You to bidderman1969 For This Useful Post:
should_do_more (21-09-2018)
Old 21-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #522
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimitriUK View Post
That's a great attitude Steve.

Hope when you voted brexit you were not being scared by 80m invading turks, but only wanted to take back control of our county and hope that the government will sign a deep trade deal that will lead to an invasion by 80m turks !!!!
why have you got this thing about Turks? have i missed something?
Old 21-09-2018, 12:38 PM   #523
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Good point why you do not enlighten us then with the great things going for us?
makes no sense whatsoever to my statement
Old 21-09-2018, 12:39 PM   #524
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Ok lets assume that you are correct, contrary to major organizations, can you explain why it makes a difference to a brit if the net effect of brexit will be the substitution of polish workers with turkish ones?
thing is, there are no facts that i can see?
Old 21-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #525
suds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Yes Dimitri - and I wonder if the leave voters would have had a problem with immigration if they were good looking Swedes? I once had a big attraction to that blonde in Abba
The Following User Says Thank You to suds For This Useful Post:
DimitriUK (27-09-2018)
Old 21-09-2018, 07:47 PM   #526
wish wash

Nice to see Mrs May has had another constructive day. I wonder when she's going to loose the will to live over brexit
Old 21-09-2018, 07:48 PM   #527
should_do_more

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidderman1969 View Post
probably one of the best, down to earth and in plain English, ways to have described what is/could be happening

but surely there are ways around this, albeit long and time consuming, and probably expensive.

just wish the EU would realise we still need us to do business with, and making it so difficult surely doesn't look good in other countries eyes? on the flip side, maybe they're worried that the UK will show how good life is outside of the EU and afraid other countries will follow suit?

Yes, there are very quick ways round this, basically adopt the current EU rules and standards. That should have been happening from day 1. Now thatís not to say those canít change or be agreed to be different in future but the problem now is that we have no standards or we have ones that arenít recognised by the EU. You are right about the longer term.

It has turned into a punishment cycle and the EU donít need to be so acrimonious about it all but they hold all the cards.

The Turk issue (IIRC) was in relation to Turkey being about to join the EU and the UK having a huge influx of dirty foreigners stealing our jobs. Turns out that was pure speculation by Gove with the heavy use of Ďcouldí if you read what he wrote. Again, more fear put into people.

Donít get me wrong, thereís no reason why the UK canít make a go of things, my preference was to stay in Europe, but with the shower we have and the time to go it wonít be pretty. The problem we have is the business that does generate money is now very easily relocated. And thatís what youíre seeing with Paris and Frankfurt for finance, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to should_do_more For This Useful Post:
bidderman1969 (21-09-2018), DimitriUK (27-09-2018)
Old 21-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #528
SteveTDCi
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,432 Times in 2,112 Posts
If it wasn't for the turks then there would be no Ford Transits.

The biggest thing the EU are scared of is that the UK leave, we prosper and its the beginning of the end for the EU.

May has to push through what the public voted for even if she is a remainer at heart.

Borris has gone quite because he will be challenging for leadership.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteveTDCi For This Useful Post:
should_do_more (22-09-2018)
Old 22-09-2018, 12:24 AM   #529
Caledoniandream

What I am surprised at is that, the big Nay sayers have not come up with a detailed ďbetterĒ plan.
Where is Boris, Nigel and who else with a detailed better plan.
Itís easy to say that Mayís plan is not workable (maybe it is, maybe it isnít) but I have not seen anything better being presented by the loudmouth brigade!

Itís easy to give critical information but be constructive critical, and present us your complete worked out plan with all the options.

They come all up with one little thing, but there is nothing complete.
The EU laughs their head off, we are not even backing up our own (voted by us) Governement, what chance do we have to make a fist.
There are to many boys wanting to be clever and runaway with the pay, and rob the vault empty.
But I donít see any complete proposal!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Caledoniandream For This Useful Post:
DimitriUK (27-09-2018), should_do_more (22-09-2018)
Old 23-09-2018, 11:04 PM   #530
millns84

Thanked 2,723 Times in 2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caledoniandream View Post
What I am surprised at is that, the big Nay sayers have not come up with a detailed ďbetterĒ plan.
Where is Boris, Nigel and who else with a detailed better plan.
Itís easy to say that Mayís plan is not workable (maybe it is, maybe it isnít) but I have not seen anything better being presented by the loudmouth brigade!

Itís easy to give critical information but be constructive critical, and present us your complete worked out plan with all the options.
Nigel said just the other day that no deal was "no problem".
The Following User Says Thank You to millns84 For This Useful Post:
Caledoniandream (23-09-2018)
Closed Thread