Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gyeon
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gyeon Gyeon offers a range of premium quality products thoroughly tested to satisfy the needs of car detailing enthusiasts, as well as the exacting requirements of professionals. At Gyeon, we spare no effort or expense to provide you with the most innovative solutions, always producing exceptional results and ensuring your satisfaction.

Old 30-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #21
Wolfstein
Washmitt Meister

Here's a few videos I've made so far of Qyeon View on our two cars.

Both of these have three coats of Repel on the windshield and nowhere else.

Here's my car, firstly with just 1 coat, in a very light drizzle. Just a few days after applying. The speedometer is in km/h.

Gyeon Repel in light drizzle

Same car, still 1 coat, a light rain this time. Speedometer still in km/h.

Gyeon Repel in light rain

Same car, now 3 coats of Repel. Few days old the third layer.

Gyeon Repel testing

Here's the other car. Same 3 coats of Repel, very dirty, right after a 3500mile roadtrip and before washing. Coating has been on there for 4 weeks and roughly 4000miles.

Gyeon Repel after 4000miles

And the same as above, straight after washing.

Gyeon Repel after 4000miles and a wash
Wolfstein is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolfstein For This Useful Post:
Gyeon Jeremy (24-09-2014), Gyeon Robert (24-09-2014), razvanbosman (30-08-2014)
Old 24-09-2014, 08:35 PM   #22
Gyeon Jeremy
DW Sponsor

Tonie - sorry for my late reply, i've overseen your post, and you brought up some important issues.

First is about layering. What is the purpose of layering, besides ensuring a more even coverage? Will two layers of Repel sheet of the water twice as good and/or twice as long? Does it make sense to layer the Cleanse? (I have read of people doing that as well)
The main purpouse is to ensure the coating getting thick. It helps the coating to sustaing abrasion (windscreen wipers), drains all imperfections of the glass surface and most of all, builds a high surface tensions, resulting in water flying of the screen by as soon as 40kph and not 70-80 like it would with just one thin layer applied. So, you get more durability, more effect more out of the product.
No, there is no point in layering Cleanse, unless you have a car that has spent 30 years in a barn and is coverd in both fresh and historically old dust and contamination

is there any point in cleaning the applicators? Or will the product simply crystalize and make the applicator useless afterwards/you will need loads of prep to rinse the applicator, that it is much cheaper to buy new? (I would like to know these two things for anti fog as well.)

No. In case of both Repell and AntiFog the will not harden as in case of Mohs or Rim, but still, i personally find them useless after one usage. For some time our suede applicator pads are availible separetely, so that's worth a look in your fav. shop.

Can you use a rayon pad on a DA instead of a sponge applicator for the Cleanse? When applying this I should work in the shade, but can I use the sun to speed up the curing process? Or would that be too hot?

Yep, you can use the DA. that'll speeden things up.
Apply it in the shade and give it some time. Natural sunlight will not spoil anything, but watch out for any rain.

Regarding the iPad - i'd rather use Cure regularly, as it has great anti static abilities, is very slick and ensures easier cleaning.

BTW: proposed method will be
-clay with clearly menthol
-Nanolex polish with DA
- clean with IPA (isopropyl alcohol)
-Clean with Prep
-Apply Cleanse
-Apply Repel

Makes Sense?
If you want to do it by the book (and probably even a bit better then pro-detailers would do), then yes, sure! I's just add a last single point - leave it for at least 12hours in the garage without contact with water/rain.
Gyeon Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2014, 09:48 PM   #23
Imran
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

How would you layer view, would you apply one layer let it set for a few minuets and then buff off, or apply one layer wait abit and then apply another.
Imran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:26 PM   #24
Tonie
Washmitt Meister

Thanks for your reply Jeremy. Was not overly excited with the performance after one layer of View, so I applied another layer after your suggestions. Indeed the performance went from around 80 to 40 km/h. Considering dropping Rain-x now and apply View to all windows… (So yes, happy with it now )
Tonie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tonie For This Useful Post:
pushtiulk (27-02-2015)
Old 03-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #25
caipen
Unwashed Member

Q˛ View

Hey Jeremy, what Cure Time per IR Lamps is the best ? Five / Ten Minutes By 60 Grad ?
caipen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:38 PM   #26
Gyeon Jeremy
DW Sponsor

Leave it for 10-15 minutes @60'C.
Gyeon Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gyeon Jeremy For This Useful Post:
caipen (03-03-2015)