Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gyeon
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gyeon Gyeon offers a range of premium quality products thoroughly tested to satisfy the needs of car detailing enthusiasts, as well as the exacting requirements of professionals. At Gyeon, we spare no effort or expense to provide you with the most innovative solutions, always producing exceptional results and ensuring your satisfaction.

Old 20-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #11
wanner69
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,219 Times in 774 Posts
Isn't wet coat just another Carpro hydr02? Hydr02 been out for yrs
wanner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 10:26 PM   #12
Kimo
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,625 Times in 3,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanner69 View Post
Isn't wet coat just another Carpro hydr02? Hydr02 been out for yrs
Yup, just pre diluted
Kimo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimo For This Useful Post:
wanner69 (20-02-2015)
Old 20-02-2015, 10:32 PM   #13
Ross
'Spec'ial B

Thanked 3,963 Times in 3,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave-g View Post
So no working it or anything, just spray on after washing and pressure wash off?

Sounds like my dads dream product ha
Yup just rinse the car after washing, spray on leave for afew mins and PW off job done.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:
dave-g (21-02-2015)
Old 20-02-2015, 10:45 PM   #14
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,586 Posts
Garage
Don't leave it to dry. No reason to leave for a few minutes before power washing. It's the power washing that activated it. The more you power wash the better it gets.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueberry For This Useful Post:
dave-g (21-02-2015), shane_ctr (20-02-2015)
Old 20-02-2015, 10:49 PM   #15
wanner69

Thanked 1,219 Times in 774 Posts
I've used Hydr02 with the usual 1:3 ratio on and off for a long time now, it's brilliant stuff tbh so will maybe have to try wet coat, compare durabilty
wanner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 11:23 PM   #16
-Jamie-
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Durability of Wetcoat is poor, This seems to have been hyped up far too much particularly by some members so can't see past this product.

I'm only using it as its a quick and easy way to add some protection during the poor winter weather when i want to be outside for as little as possible. Will i use it after the weather improves? Probably not.
-Jamie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2015, 11:49 PM   #17
svended

Thanked 1,579 Times in 1,266 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jamie- View Post
I'm only using it as its a quick and easy way to add some protection during the poor winter weather when i want to be outside for as little as possible.
This is where this product excels though. For winter months when you want a quick but great product (you've said as much yourself as to why you use it) on the car and for those who don't have for whatever reason to spend as much time on their vehicle as they'd like but still want a clean and protected car.
I use the stuff myself in winter months and when time is really limited and time is needed spent elsewhere on a friends car.
So yes durability isn't it's big selling point buts several weeks is still longer than not at all and at the ease of use, several weeks is okay.
You have to find your balance of life and clean car. For some of us a clean car is important to our mental well being but others as I say like a clean car but have a life outside of cleaning their car all day every other weekend.
svended is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 12:43 AM   #18
-Jamie-
PC Perfectionist

Garage
Several weeks?

I use my car daily, After around 2 weeks it has dropped off, Even after being washed with Bathe. Still protects but no where near what it does when first applied. The longest i have had out it so far is 3 and a half weeks, Washed with Bathe, Not Bathe+ as to give a fair representative of how long it actually lasts.

I think i safely fall into your latter category, I like a clean car but i have a life so it isn't as important, Especially in the winter months where daylight is limited.

This isn't me knocking it by any means as it is a good product, It just seems to be over hyped IME.

I have some Fusso on its way, Be interesting to see how long that lasts. Yes its a different product but I'm curious as to whether is has been over hyped again and is why i have waited so long to buy some as it looked like it was just going to be a fad.
-Jamie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 12:50 AM   #19
suspal
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,070 Times in 3,298 Posts
Just one of many similar products available,like been mentioned above good for winter however it's a two part system used in conjunction with Bathe+.
Artdeshine do a product that's more concentrated meaning it'll go alot further and also can be applied to the vehicle neat giving longer durability as well as diluting it and using it like H2O and wetcoat.
Like every thing else people have their own preferences sometimes based on fact or sometimes being followers of their favourit brand.
suspal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 07:47 AM   #20
Alfa male
Orbital Oracle

Can I ask as a newbie to this, is this Wetcoat similar to the Autobrites Curious Top Gloss Shine that I use?

http://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/ind...autobrite.html
Alfa male is offline   Reply With Quote