Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Gyeon
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gyeon Gyeon offers a range of premium quality products thoroughly tested to satisfy the needs of car detailing enthusiasts, as well as the exacting requirements of professionals. At Gyeon, we spare no effort or expense to provide you with the most innovative solutions, always producing exceptional results and ensuring your satisfaction.

Old 21-02-2015, 09:40 AM   #21
Soul boy 68
DW's car of the day man & Moderator

Thanked 6,288 Times in 4,352 Posts
Garage
Thought I mention Nalolex wash coat, is it similar to wet coat or totally different ?
Soul boy 68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 09:53 AM   #22
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,089 Times in 2,590 Posts
Garage
Guys we are in the Gyeon section. Not fair to be mentioning other manufacturer products!

As to durability for Wet Coat it does its thing on our Discovery which is outside 24/7. I top it up every 2 months and I wash it with Bathe.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blueberry For This Useful Post:
7MAT (27-02-2015), slineclean (21-02-2015)
Old 21-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #23
-Jamie-
PC Perfectionist

Garage
How much use does it see? daily?

Mine gets used daily, Doesn't do that many miles, Maybe 200 a week and it just won't last.

Tried various methods in applying to try and make it last, I wanted to see ho long it could last on a properly prepped surface the first time so it was fully decon'd then wiped down with prep to ensure the surface was as clean as possible. Still didn't last.

Have tried spreading it with a wash mitt as per PB advise. Yep you guessed it, Still didn't last.

Shame really as if they could get the durability a bit better then i would probably use it year round, It does add superb gloss.

Have some cancoat here to try out as well.
-Jamie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 10:45 AM   #24
bigmac3161
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

It's really that difficult to use its such a chore to reapply every wash . Must admit i use it as just a top up on top of wax for bit of bling and some super beading. Don't think of it as long term LSP just handy top up product which it's great at looks great on white adds some zip
bigmac3161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #25
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,089 Times in 2,590 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Jamie- View Post
How much use does it see? daily?

Mine gets used daily, Doesn't do that many miles, Maybe 200 a week and it just won't last.

Tried various methods in applying to try and make it last, I wanted to see ho long it could last on a properly prepped surface the first time so it was fully decon'd then wiped down with prep to ensure the surface was as clean as possible. Still didn't last.

Have tried spreading it with a wash mitt as per PB advise. Yep you guessed it, Still didn't last.

Shame really as if they could get the durability a bit better then i would probably use it year round, It does add superb gloss.

Have some cancoat here to try out as well.
My OH travels all over the country in the Discovery, to all 4 corners. Can be 500 miles a week, can be more or a rare week none at all. It beads brilliantly and the car has a base of Gyeon Can Coat.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 08:39 PM   #26
-Jamie-
PC Perfectionist

Garage
There we go then.

Curious as to how you would find it holds up without the cancoat, Not really a fair example there though as once the wetcoat drops off you have something else underneath....
-Jamie- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 08:47 PM   #27
Scrim-1-
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,321 Times in 2,060 Posts
Just used this for the first time today, totally blown away by it.

Durability I cannot comment on however i applied it today with absolutely nothing underneath so I will report back on how it performs but for now it's incredible.
Scrim-1- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 08:58 PM   #28
slineclean

I too cant wait to use my wet coat but knowing it wont be too far away before completing a full clean over and new etc . Im not going to use the wet coat because I feel it will only be a waste so I will be looking forward to trying it then.

I just hope I can get can get good results from my water hose ( because setting up the jet wash is not something I want to do all the time )

Like ive mentioned the 4ltr bottle is calling me

Last edited by slineclean; 21-02-2015 at 09:00 PM.
slineclean is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to slineclean For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (21-02-2015)
Old 22-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #29
svended

Thanked 1,588 Times in 1,274 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by slineclean View Post
I just hope I can get can get good results from my water hose ( because setting up the jet wash is not something I want to do all the time )
Though Gyeon say pressurised water is best practice for durability you can get good results from a regular hose rose.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...=gyeon+wetcoat

svended is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to svended For This Useful Post:
slineclean (22-02-2015)
Old 27-02-2015, 11:50 AM   #30
Gyeon Jeremy
DW Sponsor

Trip tdi - well, WetCoat is on the market for a while allready and with it's ease of use we're expecting interest to grow.. What's the competition to CanCoat that you're using?

wanner69 - except for the concept of a spray&rinse hydrophobic product there are totally no matching points between HydrO2 and WetCoat. We have a totally different, ready to use formula.

-Jamie- - i guess you're quite sceptical in regard to our products, but unless you wash your car with truck-engine dedicated detergents, there is literall no chance that WetCoat will be gone after 2 weeks. Still, we appreciate any criticism that let's us develop our products.

And the rest of you Guys - please report back with your impressions and durability reached!
Gyeon Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gyeon Jeremy For This Useful Post:
7MAT (27-02-2015), svended (27-02-2015)