Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk Ė | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 PM   #1
dave-
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Vertool force drive

I know there is already a thread about this machine but it was mostly pre release, some saying they were getting it and a couple of initial reviews.

Any longer term reviews now from users ?

It is apparently a near clone of the famous Flex but I'm sceptical if it has the same quality and reliability that the Flex is known for.
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dave- For This Useful Post:
Demetri (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 06:38 PM   #2
Demetri
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,714 Times in 2,496 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave- View Post
I know there is already a thread about this machine but it was mostly pre release, some saying they were getting it and a couple of initial reviews.

Any longer term reviews now from users ?

It is apparently a near clone of the famous Flex but I'm sceptical if it has the same quality and reliability that the Flex is known for.
Hopefully getting one for xmas from the Mrs...

The reviews are pretty decent

There is no way that she would even consider getting me a Flex, so this for me is the next best thing.
Intodetailing do one too and that's also very similar to both the Flex and the Vertool. Forensic Detailing done an in-depth review on that one on YouTube and it is also pretty good

Last edited by Demetri; 11-12-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Demetri is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demetri For This Useful Post:
dave- (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #3
realist

Garage
Dave, I recently bought one and have used it once, seemed to speed up the correction process, canít compare it to the Flex as Iíve never used one, seems good quality to me though. Iím not a pro by the way👍🏽
realist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to realist For This Useful Post:
dave- (11-12-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 07:17 PM   #4
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,241 Times in 883 Posts
Garage
I use the Vertool Force Drive as my main machine and have another DA for spot pads and tighter areas etc.

I love it, quality machine. Built quality is really good and I've had zero issues. Cutting is a doddle as you can get some real good cut once you have found your correction combo
Refining is also a pleasure.
Only real issue I've encountered, which is my own technique doing and less the machine, but when using certain products I have generated too much heat and 'baked' it on. But that's me not finding the right speed or pad etc.

I haven't used the flex but I'd say that it's probably a little smoother, bit more refined, and maybe not vibrate as harshly.
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
dave- (11-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 06:53 AM   #5
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,586 Posts
Garage
Iíve used mine lots and really like it. I upgraded from the Pro Plus and itís a huge difference. Iíve had no issues with it. It does make the job quicker and produces great results.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry For This Useful Post:
dave- (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 12:32 PM   #6
dave-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Iíve used mine lots and really like it. I upgraded from the Pro Plus and itís a huge difference. Iíve had no issues with it. It does make the job quicker and produces great results.
Thanks, good to know. Is it fairly easy to use ? I have a rotary and I really hate how sensitive it is. A tiny change in how flat the pad is and it tries to throw itself off the car with venom
dave- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dave- For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 07:08 PM   #7
Blueberry
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 4,084 Times in 2,586 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave- View Post
Thanks, good to know. Is it fairly easy to use ? I have a rotary and I really hate how sensitive it is. A tiny change in how flat the pad is and it tries to throw itself off the car with venom

Itís not aggressive no. Because itís forced drive it will let you know if the pad is not properly flat to the panel and will try and ďwalkĒ but doesnít try to throw itself off the car. My only bad point about the machine is the speed setting switch is in the wrong place. Itís difficult to see what speed your at when using it, without being a bit of a contortionist. Itís a tiny point in the grand scheme of things.
Blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueberry For This Useful Post:
dave- (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #8
dchapman88
Dw Reviewer

Thanked 1,241 Times in 883 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueberry View Post
Itís not aggressive no. Because itís forced drive it will let you know if the pad is not properly flat to the panel and will try and ďwalkĒ but doesnít try to throw itself off the car. My only bad point about the machine is the speed setting switch is in the wrong place. Itís difficult to see what speed your at when using it, without being a bit of a contortionist. Itís a tiny point in the grand scheme of things.
You know what, a few people have said about the speed switch, but I've never found it's bothered me

But completely agree with it wanting to take a walk
You have to be in control of it, if you start getting slack with it, it'll soon tell you
dchapman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dchapman88 For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (12-12-2017), dave- (13-12-2017)
Old 13-12-2017, 10:21 AM   #9
Welshquattro1

Thanked 1,256 Times in 935 Posts
Garage
Like dchapman and Blueberry above I have one and like it a lot. It feels well built machine and I've had no problem with it. Only thing that annoyed me at the start was the same as blueberry and the speed setting but have gotten used to it now. I had the chance to compare it to my friends Flex side by side and there isn't much difference from what we could tell. The Vertool is heavier,has a little more vibration at higher speeds and a bit noisier too but that was about it. Only real advantage that the flex has is the plate system you can get to use smaller backing plates which I wish you could get for the Vertool.
Welshquattro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Welshquattro1 For This Useful Post:
Blueberry (13-12-2017), dave- (13-12-2017)