Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > Garage/Product Collections
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Garage/Product Collections Post your Garage or Product Collection pics here....

Old 27-05-2018, 10:51 AM   #31
Del-GTi
PC Perfectionist

The money I saved on the flooring paid for the units I had my eye on. Luckily, when I went to order them, they had 20% off - bonus!

Need to get some more pics of them, but for the money I think they are decent enough. I got them from Argos and they were delivered straight into the garage on a date of my choosing.

I've got tons of storage space now, so much so that I might not need any more storage shelving (for now). Helps with the clean uncluttered look.
Del-GTi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Del-GTi For This Useful Post:
8Daz8 (05-06-2018)
Old 27-05-2018, 10:57 AM   #32
Del-GTi
PC Perfectionist

Next I picked up a tv mount and all the other little bits and pieces I needed. This included one of these, free from Now TV:

So, tv mounted on wall and all wired up and connected:

Also, stuck my old ps3 in the garage as not really used anymore, but will give me internet access plus tv apps:

The tv is nothing special, just an old 32" Technika, (looks so small on the wall) but it'll do for what I need. If it breaks I may replace with a cheap 42" but only if it breaks.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:06 AM   #33
noidea0
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Del-GTi View Post
So with that finished (except the loft hatch, still to be fitted) I turned my attention to the floor. I deliberated for a long time over which flooring to go for and had almost decided on duramat when I suddenly realised that I couldn't justify the cost. So I had been looking at alternatives and finally settled on industrial carpet floor tiles. Now, I know some people will say that they won't last or will mark easily and what about when they get wet. But my take on it is, I don't really put a car in there when it is wet, I may get some cheap foam tiles for the tyres to sit on and they do seem very tough. Plus the cost was less than half of what I was going to pay.

Before:

After:

I went for two colours, dark grey and anthracite, as I wanted the checkerboard look. I'm quite please with how it turned out.
Looks really good!
Like you I have been deliberating for ages on flooring, I have almost made my mind up for Swisstrax but after seeing your carpet tiles I am having second thoughts!
I am changing the garage doors and the cost is more than I had thought as I am not opting for the budget roller doors you can get but going for the Securoglide Compact. So any cost saving is a bonus.
Do you have a link to the ones you bought please.
noidea0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to noidea0 For This Useful Post:
Del-GTi (05-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:54 AM   #34
Alan L
Sponge Jockey

That's my plan when mine is done, TV, internet access and maybe a console.... and a dartboard.....and a small fridge.
Alan L is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alan L For This Useful Post:
Del-GTi (05-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 07:36 PM   #35
James_R
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Walls, floor tiles and cabinets look great !!!

Nice work Del
James_R is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to James_R For This Useful Post:
Del-GTi (05-06-2018)
Old 05-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #36
Del-GTi
PC Perfectionist

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F262954074999

Above is the link to the tiles. They seem really good, well made, accurately cut and all the same size.

No dartboard for me...yet. But I do have a little travel fridge in there which does get nice and cold.

Next big purchase for me will be a new garage door but I'm scared to get a quote! If you don't mind me asking, what have you been quoted for the Securoglide Compact?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:21 AM   #37
noidea0
Unwashed Member

Quote:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F262954074999

Above is the link to the tiles. They seem really good, well made, accurately cut and all the same size.

No dartboard for me...yet. But I do have a little travel fridge in there which does get nice and cold.

Next big purchase for me will be a new garage door but I'm scared to get a quote! If you don't mind me asking, what have you been quoted for the Securoglide Compact?
Thanks for the link, I have just ordered them!

Did you glue yours down?

The quote I have had to supply two doors (Seceuroglide Compact) as a reveal fit in Ivory with a brown frame and full box and the Rollixo control (Somfy) is £1269 per door. The local guy who is supplying will remove both my old doors and take them away, install both new rollers for £500.
I may add the frame and box to be in the same colour as the door and this is about £90 extra for each door. To me this will make the door look bigger and blend in better.

I have been looking at roller doors for ages and I know I can get a door for about £550 each and they will probably be ok, but I am happier with the quality of a British made product with a 5 year guarantee. You pay your money and take the choice!

Last edited by noidea0; 06-06-2018 at 12:48 PM.
noidea0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:24 PM   #38
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 16,848 Times in 6,245 Posts
Garage
Its Looking great
Old 06-06-2018, 09:28 PM   #39
Del-GTi
PC Perfectionist

Yeah I glued mine down, using spray contact adhesive from Screwfix. I'd already sealed the floor using a pva/water mix to cut down on the dust. I thoroughly brushed it again and vacuumed it prior to installing the tiles.

That's good you've ordered them. Hope your as happy with them as I am.

Thanks for the info on the door, it ain't gonna be cheap, that's for sure.

Last edited by Del-GTi; 06-06-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:55 PM   #40
enc
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Next I picked up a tv mount and all the other little bits and pieces I needed. This included one of these, free from Now TV:

So, tv mounted on wall and all wired up and connected:

Also, stuck my old ps3 in the garage as not really used anymore, but will give me internet access plus tv apps:

The tv is nothing special, just an old 32" Technika, (looks so small on the wall) but it'll do for what I need. If it breaks I may replace with a cheap 42" but only if it breaks.
why would you need a TV in a garage ?
enc is offline   Reply With Quote