Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Technical > Help..!
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Help..! Questions relating to products and how to use them.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-05-2018, 05:02 PM   #11
\Rian
Orbital Oracle
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 536
Thanks: 12
Thanked 174 Times in 141 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W View Post
Cheers for that. It would seem this is out of stock just now with the four different nozzles so I've ordered a lance in the correct fitment for now at least. What benefit would the linked setup give though? Totally novice at this btw so please go easy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
More flexablity over fitting types, its hard to find accessories for the nilfisk but their are loads with a quick release type fitting
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #12
Ian W
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by \Rian View Post
More flexablity over fitting types, its hard to find accessories for the nilfisk but their are loads with a quick release type fitting
Interesting. Are you saying I need more fittings than just a lance then?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 07:12 PM   #13
Ian W
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskypicker View Post
That’s the one I have on both my snowfoam
Lances yes.

I expected it to replace the nozzles at first until the lance arrived and I saw
The bayonet. Just as well as would be cumbersome to have the bottle filled will
Foam / TFR right on the end of the jet wash lance
Doh, it's arrived and it wasn't this one. Looks more like a Gerni fitment on mine so going to order another adapter.

If you're using a Nilfisk guys, double check the fitment against your own PW, don't be lazy like me and look for the answer online!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2018, 01:39 PM   #14
rob3rto
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
rob3rto's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 986
Thanks: 30
Thanked 250 Times in 190 Posts
I emailed Nilfisk and the customer service guy said "the Kew/Alto is the correct fitting, just a bit tight" but I'll be damned if Im gonna force it in.



rob3rto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #15
bus_ter
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 28
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian W View Post
Doh, it's arrived and it wasn't this one. Looks more like a Gerni fitment on mine so going to order another adapter.

If you're using a Nilfisk guys, double check the fitment against your own PW, don't be lazy like me and look for the answer online!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Have you found the correct adapter? Was it this one in the end?
bus_ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 05:29 PM   #16
Ian W
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Looks certain to be the Gerni fitment adaptor which I have, but am yet to try. I'd certainly compare your particular washer with the photos of fitments on line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus_ter View Post
Have you found the correct adapter? Was it this one in the end?
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 05:32 PM   #17
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister
 
riskypicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: March
Posts: 102
Thanks: 20
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Garage
Depends what youre trying to do Ian really.

If its just for a snow foam lance, you dont need the additional quick release adapter.

If youve got other attachments from previous jetwashes what use quick release fitments, then it'll let you use those on the nilfisk which otherwise wouldnt fit.
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #18
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister
 
riskypicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: March
Posts: 102
Thanks: 20
Thanked 27 Times in 24 Posts
Garage
The snow foam lance with the alto bayonet goes in directly after the trigger, not right on the end
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 05:33 PM   #19
Ian W
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskypicker View Post
Depends what youre trying to do Ian really.

If its just for a snow foam lance, you dont need the additional quick release adapter.

If youve got other attachments from previous jetwashes what use quick release fitments, then it'll let you use those on the nilfisk which otherwise wouldnt fit.
Yeah, it was essentially just the snow foam lance for me. First pressure washer so nothing else to 'make' fit as such

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 05:35 PM   #20
Ian W
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Yeah, I'd tried that. The alto fitment shown is the wrong one for my pressure washer which is most certainly likely to be the Gerni fitment (directly after the trigger).
Quote:
Originally Posted by riskypicker View Post
The snow foam lance with the alto bayonet goes in directly after the trigger, not right on the end
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Ian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors