Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 08-05-2018, 09:16 AM   #11
Mardgee
Sponge Jockey

That looks truly amazing. Big fan of these cars and the little touches you’ve added make it so much nicer.
Mardgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:22 AM   #12
ffrs1444
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
very nice love the seats much better then the tartan stuff.
ffrs1444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #13
Bill58
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,542 Times in 1,472 Posts
Great work. That looks stunning.
Bill58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #14
tictap
PC Perfectionist

Beautiful!!
tictap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:11 AM   #15
daydotz
Washmitt Meister

Garage
I do love your cars they always well speced & enjoy seeing what you retro fit because VW are tight
daydotz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 10:24 AM   #16
CaptainKirk95
Orbital Oracle

Those seats look fantastic! First time I've seen the, really like the grey paint and the alloys look good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norbreck21a View Post
Thanks again all - I do really like it.

@Whizzer, it was a little bit of a tongue in cheek comment by me as no one buys a GTI expecting to get GTD economy, but was a little shocked on my first drive to work this morning where my GTD used to get a fairly consistent 45-48 mpg for the journey, whereas the GTI only got 32.5 mpg driving it really easily. But to be fair the car does only have 65 miles on it at the moment, so it should improve slightly as the miles increase. For a similar journey I'd be delighted with around 35-36 mpg (if possible) ?
I have a mk7 R dsg with 375hp and my long term mpg is 30.8, I took it steady to work the other day 12 miles A roads and got 42.3 so i'm sure yours will go up but like you said "no one buys a GTI expecting to get GTD economy"

I noticed its got keyless entry and start like mine, have you got a signal blocking case for your keys? I always keep mine in one and the spare in another, stops the criminals relaying the signals and unlocking and starting your car.

I also have an autowatch ghost fitted which I love, have you looked into anything like that? If not i'd definitely recommend it. Plus when I put the code in i've got it so it turns off the stop start which I'm not a fan of.

Anyway congrats on the new car I was a big fan of your old one especially with the Santiago Alloys but this is a lovely upgrade! I need to get the footrest, alixpress?
CaptainKirk95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:07 AM   #17
Norbreck21a
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKirk95 View Post
Those seats look fantastic! First time I've seen the, really like the grey paint and the alloys look good

I have a mk7 R dsg with 375hp and my long term mpg is 30.8, I took it steady to work the other day 12 miles A roads and got 42.3 so i'm sure yours will go up but like you said "no one buys a GTI expecting to get GTD economy"

I noticed its got keyless entry and start like mine, have you got a signal blocking case for your keys? I always keep mine in one and the spare in another, stops the criminals relaying the signals and unlocking and starting your car.

I also have an autowatch ghost fitted which I love, have you looked into anything like that? If not i'd definitely recommend it. Plus when I put the code in i've got it so it turns off the stop start which I'm not a fan of.

Anyway congrats on the new car I was a big fan of your old one especially with the Santiago Alloys but this is a lovely upgrade! I need to get the footrest, alixpress?
Hi CaptainKirk95, thanks a lot.

Yes I have signal blocking cases for both keys and the car is parked up my driveway with 2 large bollards which I erect behind it. TBH, whilst I'd be really upset if it got nicked, if they want it they will take it no matter what security you have. A mater of mine late last year had his Audi S3 stolen that was fitted with Autotwatch Ghost, but they actually entered his house and they threatened his wife and child with a baseball bat and a Stanley knife at her throat if he didn't immobilise it and tell them the code. Needless to say he did (and rightly so it's just a car). Granted these weren't your typical scum pond life but just goes to show you that even with the best security in the world - if they want it they will go to almost any lengths to get it.
Norbreck21a is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Norbreck21a For This Useful Post:
CaptainKirk95 (12-05-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 11:33 AM   #18
maigrait
Unwashed Member

Lovely motor. Am considering a similar colour gte for the wife as she does a lot of town work. Great job on the detail the car looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
maigrait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:49 AM   #19
lewisniven
Unwashed Member

I have a MK7 GTI and was worried about the fuel too but it's honestly not that bad, I saw 43mpg (!!) yesterday on a trip to to the beach, so on motorway/a-road journeys it can be sensible. Once you start driving like a wally it will drink though, obviously.
lewisniven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #20
Norbreck21a
Washmitt Meister

Agreed. Once I've given it a few tank fulls I'm sure I'd have forgotten about the frugality of the GTD and will just enjoy the GTI even more !

Also today refitted my red LED footwell lights, LED boot bulb and replaced the standard incandescent light in the glove box with a genuine VW fully LED unit.

Also completed some VCDS coding
  • Alarm chirp on locking and adding "acoustic" feedback menu to dash.
  • Automatic coming home lights (from manual)
  • Coming home and leaving home lights via DRL and Foglights
  • Save seat heating setting when restarting car
  • Display fan speed on climate control knob when in auto mode.

The wireless charging pad (an optional accessory) works really well with my new Samsung Galaxy S9 as well and charges it quite quickly (pics below were taken at the dealers before collection and hence before detailing).

and loving the digital dash

Last edited by Norbreck21a; 08-05-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Norbreck21a is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Norbreck21a For This Useful Post:
JR1982 (15-05-2018)