Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2018, 11:34 PM   #1
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 1,016
Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,246 Posts
G3 Pro Super Gloss Paste wax

Hi

Seen this recommended by a couple on here. Seems to be a good glossy wax and easy to use...

Just wondering if anyone has any comparisons to other waxes like BH DSW or AG HD wax.

Iím looking to get father in law a pot for Fatherís Day - heís nearly 80, so am needing / wanting something thatís easy to use, he currently uses some of my AG HD wax, but does struggle a bit with it, if doing his car by himself, the G3 wax appears to be very easy to apply and remove from what Iíve read.

Any help / advice, appreciated

Cheers
A
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 02:09 AM   #2
todds
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: ireland
Posts: 1,151
Thanks: 2,302
Thanked 580 Times in 412 Posts
IMO it is away easier to apply and remove than Autoglym hd old version. i have used both for years. As well you can apply it to a whole car and then remove it. you can apply it in direct sunlight and it is just as easy to remove. it doesn't matter how long you leave it on your paint or how thick you apply it its just as easy to remove. I have used all the above methods and the wax is very forgiving. it is a wax that can last up to 6 months. I get 4 months on a daily driver that sleeps outside 24/7 if I apply 2 layers. it can also be layered immediately.it is a wax that flies under the radar and has been around a while so doesn't get mentioned that often. Of the 49 waxes, I own and I use them all it is one of the easiest I have ever used and great value for the price. This is my honest opinion on the wax even though I could not say a bad word about any of the other 48 waxes I own, all from sponsors on here by the way. hope this is of some help.
regards
todds
todds is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to todds For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 02:27 AM   #3
GleemSpray
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
GleemSpray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: South Manchester UK
Posts: 3,799
Thanks: 449
Thanked 2,369 Times in 1,603 Posts
Yup, its a terrific wax - soft as butter to use, comes off really easily, fabulous included applicator, great glossy finish and surprisingly durable.



Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
GleemSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GleemSpray For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #4
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 1,016
Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by todds View Post
IMO it is away easier to apply and remove than Autoglym hd old version. i have used both for years. As well you can apply it to a whole car and then remove it. you can apply it in direct sunlight and it is just as easy to remove. it doesn't matter how long you leave it on your paint or how thick you apply it its just as easy to remove. I have used all the above methods and the wax is very forgiving. it is a wax that can last up to 6 months. I get 4 months on a daily driver that sleeps outside 24/7 if I apply 2 layers. it can also be layered immediately.it is a wax that flies under the radar and has been around a while so doesn't get mentioned that often. Of the 49 waxes, I own and I use them all it is one of the easiest I have ever used and great value for the price. This is my honest opinion on the wax even though I could not say a bad word about any of the other 48 waxes I own, all from sponsors on here by the way. hope this is of some help.

regards

todds

Fantastic, cheers mate.

Yes def helps, it was mainly that it is easy on / off which is why I was considering it for him. Great news that it lasts well as well - although if itís that easy to put on, might give him an excuse to get out the house to re-apply
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
todds (05-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 08:14 AM   #5
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 1,016
Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleemSpray View Post
Yup, its a terrific wax - soft as butter to use, comes off really easily, fabulous included applicator, great glossy finish and surprisingly durable.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cheers mate

Great to know and as above, very pleased it goes on / off so easy, good to know about the applicator as well
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 AM   #6
JoeyJoeJo
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
JoeyJoeJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 770
Thanks: 692
Thanked 474 Times in 302 Posts
I know not the original question ( ) but if ease of removal is a thing, I've been astounded at the ease of removing of all the Wo-wo's waxes.
And I just got a tin of Soft99 scratch clear and it doesn't even need removed!
JoeyJoeJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeyJoeJo For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (03-06-2018), todds (05-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 10:11 AM   #7
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
nbray67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Nott's
Posts: 3,630
Thanks: 1,743
Thanked 2,215 Times in 1,637 Posts
Garage
It was my very first potted wax and was a dream to use with great durability, gloss and beading.

As it was a low end wax in terms of cost, I started looking more at 'classier' brands once I started to get the detailing bug if you get what I mean?

Sold it on for peanuts in the end and still don't know why I let it go.

For your father-in-law, it's a great choice indeed Andy.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (03-06-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 05:28 PM   #8
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 1,016
Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbray67 View Post
It was my very first potted wax and was a dream to use with great durability, gloss and beading.

As it was a low end wax in terms of cost, I started looking more at 'classier' brands once I started to get the detailing bug if you get what I mean?

Sold it on for peanuts in the end and still don't know why I let it go.

For your father-in-law, it's a great choice indeed Andy.
Cheers mate, much appreciated

Think it's the ease of application / removal everyone agrees with, which I think it's whats swaying me to it for him.

Looks like I need to go shopping and be a great son-in-law again
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 07:59 AM   #9
pt1
PC Perfectionist
 
pt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 408
Thanks: 94
Thanked 171 Times in 127 Posts
My friend uses g3..he has no complaints

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pt1 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 07:29 PM   #10
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: In the Dog house
Posts: 3,180
Thanks: 1,016
Thanked 1,383 Times in 1,246 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1 View Post
My friend uses g3..he has no complaints

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Cheers mate
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:18 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors