Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 04-06-2018, 04:36 PM   #1
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Car Dryer

Hi

Has anybody got one of the attached Gravitis dryers, what are they like,
its cheaper at £ 122.85 than the Bruhl MD2800 at £ 184.00 and more powerful at 3600W or is it still only going to be effective for mirrors, gaps etc and take to long to dry the whole car? If so I may as well go for one of the £40-60 pet dryers for mirrors etc.

Cheershttps://www.amazon.co.uk/Gravitis-Mo...r+dryer+blower
BruceVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:45 PM   #2
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Others to think about

https://www.amazon.co.uk/2800W-BLAST.../dp/B00ENXRKSK Some pet dryers even have a heat setting.

and the titan vacs from Screwfix and tool station can be used to blow

Or a cordless leaf blower
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 04:56 PM   #3
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Hi Rian

Thats my thinking is the 3600W of the gravitis going to make any significant difference over a pet dryer at 2800W and £80 cheaper where my aim is to dry my car quickly as I'm in full sun by 10AM this time of year or will it take to long.

Last edited by BruceVolvo; 04-06-2018 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
basket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceVolvo View Post
Hi Rian

Thats my thinking is the 3600W of the gravitis going to make any significant difference over a pet dryer at 2800W and £80 cheaper where my aim is to dry my car quickly as I'm in full sum by 10AM this time of year or will it take to long.
Ill be honest Bruce, ive no experience with either, ive only ever used my Titan, just wanted to share some alternatives just in case you hadent seen them.

I think if you can stretch to it the more powerful version will dry your car quicker however I cant see it been much quicker than the pet dryer, hopefully someone with some real world experience with this will be along
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:13 PM   #5
Peter_222
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Stihl petrol leaf blower for me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter_222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:02 PM   #6
pump
Washmitt Meister

A waste of time in my opinion. I bought a master blaster used it twice and it gathered dust for a year after that. Takes way to long to dry a full car with them I use a filter on my water for the final spray down now.
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
BruceVolvo
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by pump View Post
A waste of time in my opinion. I bought a master blaster used it twice and it gathered dust for a year after that. Takes way to long to dry a full car with them I use a filter on my water for the final spray down now.
Hi Pump

The big 8 HP master blaster does that still take to long? I'm wasting money as well as time then.

I've thought about a filter but with no garage, my theory is that dust etc will still collect and dry on the car whilst drying?
Old 06-06-2018, 12:54 PM   #8
pump
Washmitt Meister

For me was a mega waste of money I bought the blaster, extension hose and cart sold it for half price and is now used for drying dogs at a dog groomer

Takes forever to dry a full car you end up chasing the Water around the car than anything else.

Much faster with a decent drying towel or spray down with filtered water and let dry. Don't overthink it unless your car is worth millions! The like of pan the organiser on YouTube and others get paid to promote this kind of stuff so don't mind the hype and remember the old saying... A Fool and His Money Are Soon Parted (like me on this one!)
pump is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pump For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (06-06-2018)
Old 06-06-2018, 01:59 PM   #9
pxr5
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
I agree with @pump. Luckily I only bought the sidekick, so didn't waste too much money. I used it a few times, but a towel is just as good plus I just can't be bothered getting it out.
pxr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 03:07 PM   #10
Grin
Washmitt Meister

Car Dryer

I like my Sidekick. It is definitely useful for crevices.

I suppose a combination of a towel and a blower would be good, especially if like me you sometimes leave it too long in the evening to start the wash and then it’s hard to dry in the moist air.

Not used a full-size though so can’t be sure of their worth.

EDIT: Also useful for drying in between decon stages if you’re not ready to physically touch the car yet.
Grin is offline   Reply With Quote