Detailing World Forum banner

Bilt Hamber Auto Foam dilution for snow foam lance

11K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Brian1612 
#1 ·
I've read the review on here about dilution rates but not sure I really understand it!

It says fill bottle with a litre of water, turn the adjuster knob fully - which I take as less foam and then spray into a container until the bottle is empty. This bit I understand including the dilution rate.

So when I come to use the BH foam do I have to spray at fully -?

Richard

#2 ·
Yes.

Basically what you’ve done is calculated the dilution based on the flow rate of your lance (love BHs accuracy) instead of using the dial to adjust the dilution.

Most foam manufacturers give a rough dilution guide for the reason that the lance has a knob to adjust to your liking, so for them it doesn’t matter exactly how much you put in.

Those are for throwing foam haphazardly at your car, Auto Foam has a specific use and dilution to suit.

#10 ·
Snow Foams

While I have never used the BH snow foam, ive tried a few to say the least. I think that they all look good, and possibly look better than they perform. In my humble opinion they should be used as a part of the cleaning process, along with other decontaminating products such as iron out, TFR, Tar Removers etc etc. There's no one product that seems to remove most of the dirt ready for a wash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.