Detailing World Forum banner

Bodyshops talking bollux

3K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  andystevens 
#1 ·
Why is it that no matter what job u want done, big or small etc, they always make out its a massive pain, and make out they don't really wanna do the work etc, and then bump their prices up.. I only wanted my bonnet painted lol

#7 ·
Well I described it over the phone to him at 1st and he said 120,then when I took it down to show him, it's obviously got the normal stone chips (80k and black lol) he's decided it's gonna take at least 3 to 4 hours repairing it before paint, at 40 pound per hour lol.

#14 ·
Thats cheap - bonnets we do for customers normally end up at £200-250, but we do major on quality rather than price.. and if he starts talking about blending on black then find another bodyshop!

#18 ·
Generally the darker the colour, the easier the match. Silvers/ whites are the hardest, but some high metallics and pearls can be difficult too. A good painter shouldnt have to blend most colours to get a good match - the only thing that could change this is if there is a repair needed on or close to the boundary with another panel.

Reactions: ted11 and puppag
#20 ·
Mines in at the mo for rear bumper, floor and boot after being rear ended. I asked about a stone chip on roof and was told 450 quid as he'd have to spray whole roof(not sure if true but I'll put up with it!!).

Any tips ineed to be looking at when picking it up? Insurance job so not bothered if I have. to leave it there longer.

#21 ·
The way some body shops do quotes is crazy
I went for a quote for a new rear bumper that had been badly scuffed and cracked, wasn't a total write off imo

Guy quoted as normal then When I told him I'd have to wait to email the guy who hit me his eyes lit up , and started talking about how I'd probably need a new crash bar underneath and several other stuff.

Thanks but no thanks and went on my way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.