Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Leel
Unwashed Member

Fallout remover

Hi

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for iron fallout. Currently I'm using iron x, which is very good but not the cheapest product. Recently seen valeting products devils bleed on offer but don't know if it's any good ?

Has anyone used devils blood ? Or can recommend an alternative?
Leel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
bradleymarky
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,277 Times in 903 Posts
Bilt hamber Korrosol is around £13 for 1 Litre from Polished Bliss with free delivery.
bradleymarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
Rayaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leel View Post
Hi

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for iron fallout. Currently I'm using iron x, which is very good but not the cheapest product. Recently seen valeting products devils bleed on offer but don't know if it's any good ?

Has anyone used devils blood ? Or can recommend an alternative?
I can recommend Triple QX Fallout Remover after testing alongside KKD Ferrum.

The Triple QX can be bought from Euro Car Parts and is very cheap. It doesn't bleed as well as the others, but after spraying with KKD Ferrum, there was no more fallout. This was tested on my white RX which hadn't touched fallout remover in 1 year.

So you pays your money and makes your choice. Do you want fallout removal or bleeding? Ultimately, products with more of the active bleeding agent are going to cost more, simply because its a more expensive agent to begin with.
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,599 Posts
Depends whether your buying in bulk or not also. If it's only a small bottle Korrosol every day of the week.

Rayaan was this performed on a wheel with particularly bad fallout build up or something with very little embedded particles in the first place?

The real test would be on wheels that are heavily contaminated. If they aren't that bad you likely won't see a massive difference in performance.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
euge07

http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produc...mover-gel.html

this is the best value for money one ive used, i love it
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
Rayaan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Depends whether your buying in bulk or not also. If it's only a small bottle Korrosol every day of the week.

Rayaan was this performed on a wheel with particularly bad fallout build up or something with very little embedded particles in the first place?

The real test would be on wheels that are heavily contaminated. If they aren't that bad you likely won't see a massive difference in performance.
It was on my bonnet. I wanted to see whether the Triple QX was any good and at £6 for 2.5l thought I would try it. Classic test - i.e. taped up and half bonnet covered and KKD sprayed on other half. Bled fairly well and easy to see on my car because its white. Sprayed Triple QX on other side after rinsing and covering up KKD side. Rinsed and then KKD over the whole bonnet.

Both sides reacted exactly the same.

I believe other members have done it on their wheels against Iron X and found no extra bleeding after applying Iron X over TripleQX either. The triple QX just doesn't bleed as well but it certainly works.
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayaan For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
euge07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
I can recommend Triple QX Fallout Remover after testing alongside KKD Ferrum.

The Triple QX can be bought from Euro Car Parts and is very cheap. It doesn't bleed as well as the others, but after spraying with KKD Ferrum, there was no more fallout. This was tested on my white RX which hadn't touched fallout remover in 1 year.

So you pays your money and makes your choice. Do you want fallout removal or bleeding? Ultimately, products with more of the active bleeding agent are going to cost more, simply because its a more expensive agent to begin with.
got a discount code handy for ECP ?
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
E60525d
Orbital Oracle

TripleQX
E60525d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
It was on my bonnet. I wanted to see whether the Triple QX was any good and at £6 for 2.5l thought I would try it. Classic test - i.e. taped up and half bonnet covered and KKD sprayed on other half. Bled fairly well and easy to see on my car because its white. Sprayed Triple QX on other side after rinsing and covering up KKD side. Rinsed and then KKD over the whole bonnet.

Both sides reacted exactly the same.

I believe other members have done it on their wheels against Iron X and found no extra bleeding after applying Iron X over TripleQX either. The triple QX just doesn't bleed as well but it certainly works.
On that note I am going to grab 2.5l of it and try it out against Korrosol. Almost sounds to good to be true at that price!
Old 07-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #10
Brian1612
DW Reviewer

SAV8574

34% off with this code. Works out £6.92 for 2.5L of the stuff.

Last edited by Brian1612; 07-09-2017 at 02:37 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
MDC250 (07-09-2017)