Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by Valet PRO - ValetPRO - UK made car valeting and detailing products. Our aim to make top quality product we love to use. Famous for 'pH Neutral Snow Foam, Advanced Neutral Snow Foam, Bilberry Wheel Cleaner, Dragons Breath, Citrus Bling and Citrus PRE Wash. A big thank you to all our customers and stockists, we promise to bring you some excellent and inventive products during 2014.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2017, 10:37 AM   #1
Leel
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Fallout remover

Hi

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for iron fallout. Currently I'm using iron x, which is very good but not the cheapest product. Recently seen valeting products devils bleed on offer but don't know if it's any good ?

Has anyone used devils blood ? Or can recommend an alternative?
Leel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
bradleymarky
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
bradleymarky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Cloud Cuckoo land.
Posts: 3,054
Thanks: 456
Thanked 1,277 Times in 903 Posts
Bilt hamber Korrosol is around £13 for 1 Litre from Polished Bliss with free delivery.
bradleymarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 11:30 AM   #3
Rayaan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Rayaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,164
Thanks: 853
Thanked 906 Times in 706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leel View Post
Hi

I'm looking for a cheaper alternative for iron fallout. Currently I'm using iron x, which is very good but not the cheapest product. Recently seen valeting products devils bleed on offer but don't know if it's any good ?

Has anyone used devils blood ? Or can recommend an alternative?
I can recommend Triple QX Fallout Remover after testing alongside KKD Ferrum.

The Triple QX can be bought from Euro Car Parts and is very cheap. It doesn't bleed as well as the others, but after spraying with KKD Ferrum, there was no more fallout. This was tested on my white RX which hadn't touched fallout remover in 1 year.

So you pays your money and makes your choice. Do you want fallout removal or bleeding? Ultimately, products with more of the active bleeding agent are going to cost more, simply because its a more expensive agent to begin with.
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #4
Brian1612
DW Reviewer
 
Brian1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,617
Thanks: 1,329
Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,599 Posts
Depends whether your buying in bulk or not also. If it's only a small bottle Korrosol every day of the week.

Rayaan was this performed on a wheel with particularly bad fallout build up or something with very little embedded particles in the first place?

The real test would be on wheels that are heavily contaminated. If they aren't that bad you likely won't see a massive difference in performance.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 12:04 PM   #5
euge07
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
euge07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 783
Thanks: 428
Thanked 186 Times in 145 Posts
http://www.in2detailing.co.uk/produc...mover-gel.html

this is the best value for money one ive used, i love it
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #6
Rayaan
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Rayaan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,164
Thanks: 853
Thanked 906 Times in 706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian1612 View Post
Depends whether your buying in bulk or not also. If it's only a small bottle Korrosol every day of the week.

Rayaan was this performed on a wheel with particularly bad fallout build up or something with very little embedded particles in the first place?

The real test would be on wheels that are heavily contaminated. If they aren't that bad you likely won't see a massive difference in performance.
It was on my bonnet. I wanted to see whether the Triple QX was any good and at £6 for 2.5l thought I would try it. Classic test - i.e. taped up and half bonnet covered and KKD sprayed on other half. Bled fairly well and easy to see on my car because its white. Sprayed Triple QX on other side after rinsing and covering up KKD side. Rinsed and then KKD over the whole bonnet.

Both sides reacted exactly the same.

I believe other members have done it on their wheels against Iron X and found no extra bleeding after applying Iron X over TripleQX either. The triple QX just doesn't bleed as well but it certainly works.
Rayaan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rayaan For This Useful Post:
Brian1612 (07-09-2017)
Old 07-09-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
euge07
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
euge07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 783
Thanks: 428
Thanked 186 Times in 145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
I can recommend Triple QX Fallout Remover after testing alongside KKD Ferrum.

The Triple QX can be bought from Euro Car Parts and is very cheap. It doesn't bleed as well as the others, but after spraying with KKD Ferrum, there was no more fallout. This was tested on my white RX which hadn't touched fallout remover in 1 year.

So you pays your money and makes your choice. Do you want fallout removal or bleeding? Ultimately, products with more of the active bleeding agent are going to cost more, simply because its a more expensive agent to begin with.
got a discount code handy for ECP ?
euge07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
E60525d
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 655
Thanks: 13
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
TripleQX
E60525d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:27 PM   #9
Brian1612
DW Reviewer
 
Brian1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,617
Thanks: 1,329
Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayaan View Post
It was on my bonnet. I wanted to see whether the Triple QX was any good and at £6 for 2.5l thought I would try it. Classic test - i.e. taped up and half bonnet covered and KKD sprayed on other half. Bled fairly well and easy to see on my car because its white. Sprayed Triple QX on other side after rinsing and covering up KKD side. Rinsed and then KKD over the whole bonnet.

Both sides reacted exactly the same.

I believe other members have done it on their wheels against Iron X and found no extra bleeding after applying Iron X over TripleQX either. The triple QX just doesn't bleed as well but it certainly works.
On that note I am going to grab 2.5l of it and try it out against Korrosol. Almost sounds to good to be true at that price!
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2017, 02:34 PM   #10
Brian1612
DW Reviewer
 
Brian1612's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 3,617
Thanks: 1,329
Thanked 2,461 Times in 1,599 Posts
SAV8574

34% off with this code. Works out £6.92 for 2.5L of the stuff.

Last edited by Brian1612; 07-09-2017 at 02:37 PM.
Brian1612 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian1612 For This Useful Post:
MDC250 (07-09-2017)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors