Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 05-08-2018, 07:16 PM   #31
fatdazza
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,273 Posts
Could be they have changed the water source given the drought they are dealing with.

Hot weather on its own will not change the dissolved solids in water.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 11:28 PM   #32
kingswood
Orbital Oracle

shldnt u be getting 000 with brand new resin?

i got the race glaze one and it showed 000. will have to recheck what its showing now but got it feb and used regualary. used today in 3025 degress and came up with no spots.

i'll check tomo if i remember. i looked at the ebay ones but thought buy cheap and pay twice? i did buy the (same) ebay water pen tho!
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingswood For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 08:00 AM   #33
fatdazza

Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,273 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingswood View Post
shldnt u be getting 000 with brand new resin?

i got the race glaze one and it showed 000. will have to recheck what its showing now but got it feb and used regualary. used today in 3025 degress and came up with no spots.

i'll check tomo if i remember. i looked at the ebay ones but thought buy cheap and pay twice? i did buy the (same) ebay water pen tho!
1ppm is nothing and could be due to margin of error of the measuring device or it could be that the cup used was not totally clean.
fatdazza is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fatdazza For This Useful Post:
kingswood (06-08-2018), pxr5 (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #34
pxr5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdazza View Post
1ppm is nothing and could be due to margin of error of the measuring device or it could be that the cup used was not totally clean.
I didn't fully dry the little platic tub I used from the tap test - probalby why. I thought 1ppm was fine anyway like you say.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #35
Mother-Goose

I'll be hooking mine up this weekend as well @pxr5 - looking forward to just rinsing and leaving it!
Mother-Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mother-Goose For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (08-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:08 AM   #36
JimBobJones
Unwashed Member

Hi all,
First time post here.

Can anyone comment on the full vessels listed by IWE on Amazon? 23L vessel full with resin for £145
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...oop_bw_c_x_1_w

It doesn't state what resin is supplied. I can see there other listings for resin
https://www.amazon.co.uk/IWE-VIRGIN-...4038616031_1_1
but still doesn't state if it's 115 or what?

Any thoughts?
JimBobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JimBobJones For This Useful Post:
trv8 (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 10:55 AM   #37
trv8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBobJones View Post
Hi all,
First time post here.

Can anyone comment on the full vessels listed by IWE on Amazon? 23L vessel full with resin for £145

It doesn't state what resin is supplied. I can see there other listings for resin

Any thoughts?
If it doesn't state that they use Tulsion MB115 resin then it won't be.....what they will be selling is a resin of a lesser quality than Tulsion MB115.
trv8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:34 PM   #38
pxr5

Garage
Well. I used my DI Vessel for the first time today. No hassle at at all just getting it out for the final rinse. I dried anyway, but not having to rush was a godsend. I left my car for a good while while I tidied away and got on with a few other bits and bobs. I admit I was a bit worried as this point of detailing a car is the critical time for me - and it was warm today and the water dried quickly. But no, everything was great. The odd drips from the wing mirrors still left a small water stain, but I can live with that. I checked the water from the vessel and it was reading 000 before and after the rinse.

I can't recommend these things enough, whether you want to just leave the car to dry naturally or go over it with a towel anyway. It just felt different rinsing with DI water, it's hard to explain fully, but a great thing to have. One of the best things I've bought, just wished I'd got one earlier.
pxr5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pxr5 For This Useful Post:
trv8 (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 08:06 PM   #39
kingswood
Orbital Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by pxr5 View Post
Well. I used my DI Vessel for the first time today. No hassle at at all just getting it out for the final rinse. I dried anyway, but not having to rush was a godsend. I left my car for a good while while I tidied away and got on with a few other bits and bobs. I admit I was a bit worried as this point of detailing a car is the critical time for me - and it was warm today and the water dried quickly. But no, everything was great. The odd drips from the wing mirrors still left a small water stain, but I can live with that. I checked the water from the vessel and it was reading 000 before and after the rinse.

I can't recommend these things enough, whether you want to just leave the car to dry naturally or go over it with a towel anyway. It just felt different rinsing with DI water, it's hard to explain fully, but a great thing to have. One of the best things I've bought, just wished I'd got one earlier.
instead of toweling next time walk away and lock yourself in the house!

it does dry with no water marks! thats the hardest thing i found, not wanting to go over it - just to make sure
kingswood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kingswood For This Useful Post:
pxr5 (12-08-2018)
Old 20-08-2018, 08:50 AM   #40
Andyman0
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBobJones View Post
Hi all,
First time post here.

Any thoughts?
Hi, first time post so be gentle . I purchased the above vessel from IWE and its brill, fast delivery too, my water hardness went from 367ppm down to 0. I`ve used it about 8 times now on my Black Jag XE but only for final rinse and it works a treat, can highly recommend
Andyman0 is offline   Reply With Quote