Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Bear Car Care
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bear Car Care Bear was launched in 2016, Formulated by enthusiastic detailers it is our aim to make products the way we feel they should work and bring them to you. Bear is a brand based on very simple things , quality easy to use products and a team of amazing enthusiasts helping to drive us forward to show this.Here it is our vision and products. Please check out our shop and view the range. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Old 15-10-2018, 12:52 PM   #1
Bustanut
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Bear Care Care - Immaculate premium shampoo & Brilliance Hybrid quick detailer review

So following up from my eradicate review my pre sale clean continued to include Immaculate shampoo and Brilliance Hybrid detailer.

First off the Immaculate Shampoo.

First impression again is a nice robust bottle with a click top to allow dispensing of the shampoo. A quick sniff reveals a pleasant but not overpowering smell thats hard to describe but i'll settle on cherryish.

So for the purpose of this test i snow foamed the vehicle with Bilt hamber autofoam as i would on my maintenance washes.
Whilst that was working its magic i went to fill up the bucket and add the shampoo. The instructions say that you should add a couple of capfulls to a bucket of warm water and agitate with a hose or pressure washer to increase the foam. As i put the shampoo in before adding the water this was not necessary as there were plenty of bubbles.

The snow foam was then rinsed off with a pressure washer and i started to wash the car.
I used a car pro merino lambswool wash mitt as i would normally. I have to say that the car was finished with Gyeon wet coat last time i did it and i think this impacted on the way the shampoo felt when first going on. After a couple of dunks in the bucket the mitt seemed to pick up more suds and it felt a lot better.
As a shampoo it performed well. I personally would prefer something that had more smell to it but it foamed up nicely and felt nice going on the car. It also held well on the surface and did not run off too quickly. I am however renowened for being a bit freaky when it comes to smelling products (look out for me at Waxstock. I'm the one who spends all day popping the lids off and insisting on sniffing everything).

The car was then rinsed & dried off off and it was time to test the Brilliance Hybrid quick detailer.

First impressions were again a good robust bottle with an excellent adjustable trigger spray as per the fall out remover. Again the smell of the product was not too strong and the liquid was white in colour.
The instructions said to spray the detailer onto the surface or onto a clean microfibre and wipe over the panel. I then wiped the panel off with a secnod clean microfibre. Due to the wind being quite strong i opted to spray directly onto the cloth to avoid overspraying anything else.
The product went on and off really well and left the car with a lovely shine. Not sure if you are suppoed to but i also used it on the black plastics on the car with good effect. Only time will tell on performance/durability but this looks to be a really nice detailer. I have used some of the fussier ones but this was no nonsense on/off.
I can't stress enough how nice the Bear Car Care trigger sprays feel in the hand. I am keen to see how well these last as i will probably swap them to other bottles when i run out of product. Too many manufacturers are putting those horrible little one finger triggers that are impossible to hold with one hand.
Thanks to Ash at Bear Care Care for the opportunity to test the products. If anyone has any input in how i can make them better let me know. I hope to have the opportunity to test more of these products.

Bustanut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bustanut For This Useful Post:
Andy1972 (15-10-2018), Andyblue (15-10-2018), Bear_Ash (17-10-2018), Brian1612 (18-10-2018), LostVulpine (15-10-2018), streaky (19-10-2018), todds (15-10-2018)
Old 17-10-2018, 11:24 AM   #2
Bear_Ash
DW Sponsor

Thanks for this fella =D
Old 17-10-2018, 09:34 PM   #3
Andyblue

Thanked 1,748 Times in 1,549 Posts
Nice review - interesting what you say about the smell from Immaculate as I found it very nice and I keep smelling it throughout my wash - wonder if it was because it was windy ?

Nice review about Brilliance hybrid detailer
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2018, 09:29 PM   #4
Bustanut

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Nice review - interesting what you say about the smell from Immaculate as I found it very nice and I keep smelling it throughout my wash - wonder if it was because it was windy ?

Nice review about Brilliance hybrid detailer
Don’t think the wind came into it as I had the bottle cap stuck up my right nostril.
Usually get a wiff off my wash mitt too when I rinse it out. Comparison for smell was against AB purple velvet and some of the dodo juice shampoos. As I said it didn’t affect performance at all just didn’t seem as strong Andyblue.
Bustanut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bustanut For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (18-10-2018)