Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Bear Car Care
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bear Car Care Bear was launched in 2016, Formulated by enthusiastic detailers it is our aim to make products the way we feel they should work and bring them to you. Bear is a brand based on very simple things , quality easy to use products and a team of amazing enthusiasts helping to drive us forward to show this.Here it is our vision and products. Please check out our shop and view the range. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Old 18-10-2018, 06:41 PM   #1
nbray67
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,727 Posts
Garage
Review - Vortex Wheel Cleaner.

Hi all.

My unbiased review of BCC's dedicated wheel cleaner, Vortex.

Overview -

Firstly, as per the others who have reviewed BCC's products, the spray heads are very very good quality indeed, providing great application of said products either as a stream or mist.
The product itself has a good consistency to it, not to thick and not to runny, which is a good thing with it being a wheel cleaner that needs to cling to the surface while it does it's stuff.
The smell, hmmm, I can't put my finger on it but it has an odour that reminds me of an APC kind of smell. Pleasant rather than nasty.

Price point -
500ml - £8.99
1ltr - £14.99
5ltr - £38.99

Directions -
If using as a quick detailer mist product over wheel and use a plush microfiber to wipe away dirt.
To wash, mist product over wheel. (my review cleaning method)
Allow 2-3 minutes to dwell
Use a detailing brush if needed to agitate product.
Pressure wash wheel until dirt and product is removed
Once clean for the perfect finish use a microfiber towel to dry.

Test Bed -

My current workhorse, 18plate Skoda Octavia with 2k on the clock and never seen a wheel cleaner in those 2k miles. Finger swipe test on both alloys to show the degree of road grime to be removed. There's no way I'd finger swipe on the personal car!!

I decided to try 2 methods of cleaning, spray on and PW off and spray on, agitate with a large Wheel Woolie, then PW off.
If I'm honest, there was no need to agitate at all as the results were the same, very clean wheels indeed. Pics are with no agitation.

Application

Vortex applied, left to dwell for 3mins, and starting to break down the road grime within the first 30secs as per the second pic below.

Results -

My conclusions -

In all honesty, I can't fault it at all. It's very much on par with my current wheel cleaner with the only difference I can find is that my current wheel cleaner can be diluted down.
I'm not sure as I can't see it on the instructions or website, whether Vortex can be diluted down for wheels that are not so grubby.

Would I use it again? Yes, certainly, especially if it can be diluted down as it would make it a quite affordable alternative to other brands.

The results speak for themselves. No agitation needed to remove 2k miles of road grime from unprotected alloys.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (18-10-2018), Bear_Ash (18-10-2018), camerashy (18-10-2018), chongo (19-10-2018), todds (18-10-2018), WHIZZER (19-10-2018)
Old 18-10-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
CharliesTTS
Sponge Jockey

Garage
Nice review! I’m going to try it this weekend as brought some a couple of weeks ago.
CharliesTTS is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CharliesTTS For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (18-10-2018)
Old 18-10-2018, 09:41 PM   #3
Andyblue

Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,544 Posts
Good review mate - I really liked it and found it cleaned extremely well ...

Did speak with Ash and yes, for light cleaning you can dilute down. I’ve tried about 30/40 % dilution and for a light wash, worked great
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
nbray67 (18-10-2018)
Old 18-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #4
nbray67

Thanked 2,344 Times in 1,727 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyblue View Post
Good review mate - I really liked it and found it cleaned extremely well ...

Did speak with Ash and yes, for light cleaning you can dilute down. I’ve tried about 30/40 % dilution and for a light wash, worked great
Cheers Andy.

I'll try it as a diluted treatment at some point and see how it fairs.
nbray67 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nbray67 For This Useful Post:
Andyblue (19-10-2018)