Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 10-09-2018, 05:24 PM   #21
\Rian
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy1972 View Post
im afraid your wrong.

Im not wong this link https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3x-H...27424c4dc4Jcw7

you can buy 3x 6inch hex pads for £2.39 that is 79p per pad

Please show me where you can buy 3 pads for that cheap in the UK as the post was where can you buy pads from the UK at Chinese prices and youve not showed me yet,

£2 per pad is not Chinese prices but they probably will be Chinese pads just marked up.

No one in the Uk will be able to ship you 3 pads for £2.39 its simple, if you dont want to be proved wrong then I suggest doing your research and only givving you OPINION when its correct
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 05:35 PM   #22
josje
Washmitt Meister

No 5,5" available from china?
josje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 06:06 PM   #23
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
But that wouldn't be the same price as directly from China I would have to pay to send them to be branded and then pay to ship them to you and I would have to pay for storage, and my seller fees and packing that would push it up to aroudn 5-10£ per pad wouldn't it ?

Im not disputing I could make a killing my point is no one from the UK can buy and sell the pads at the same cost you can get them directly from china.

And who is going to by 1000 cheap Chinese pads

so £1 a pad, £2.50 shipping 20p branding and 10p for packing materials, thats about £4 a pad with no profit. I can buy 3 chinese pads for under £2 delivered

Your argument is not valid as the post is about a UK seller being able to sell pads at a chinese price and its not feasible simple !
If a Chinese company can supply 3 pads for less than £2 delivered, which equates to less than 66p each, would the same company not offer a more favourable, discounted rate for say 25 pads or more ?

I'm certain a Chinese suppler/manufactuere, either via eBay or Amazon will be open to negotiation, although the biggest factor to consider, is aquiring pads of a sufficient quality and durability.

When distant aquantances of mine use to purchase kitchen cupboard door handles and clothing accessories from China, they claimed to have a 30 to 40% mark up on what they called a landed price, although they both shared contents of a shipping containing with others buyers, then a final retailer would add their 30% mark up.

Last edited by Demented; 10-09-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Demented is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demented For This Useful Post:
11alan111 (10-09-2018), Andy1972 (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 06:44 PM   #24
Andy1972
Washmitt Meister

Quote:

Please show me where you can buy 3 pads for that cheap in the UK as the post was where can you buy pads from the UK at Chinese prices and youve not showed me yet,

£2 per pad is not Chinese prices but they probably will be Chinese pads just marked up.

No one in the Uk will be able to ship you 3 pads for £2.39 its simple, if you dont want to be proved wrong then I suggest doing your research and only givving you OPINION when its correct
Why so aggressive? Opinions are correct to the originator, that’s the point of an opinion.

Can you post a link to these pads for £2.39 you refer to?

Last edited by Andy1972; 10-09-2018 at 06:48 PM.
Andy1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andy1972 For This Useful Post:
macca666 (11-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #25
Taxboy
Orbital Oracle

An interesting discussion but you have to remember Chinese labour costs are a lot lower than the UK plus you have to factor in UK taxes plus liability insurance etc. I'm not disputing the margin on detailing items can sometimes be pretty large but you have to consider all costs if you wanted to do this from a UK operation

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk
Taxboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 07:07 PM   #26
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:

Please keep this thread informative and not into a dispute.

It's my mistake; when I created this thread I didn't realise it was possible to purchase 3 Chinese pads for £2.39 delivered.

What I meant, was; " where to buy Chinese type pads for a lot less than the £7 or £8 each, comanded by the premium brands, in the UK ?"

When I purchased my DA Polishers, I was disappointed to have to spend another £40 on polishing pads and a 5" backing plate; I might as well bought a complete kit with pads etc.

Due to past experience of buying cheap Chinese rubbish, especially from eBay, I was reluctant to buy unbranded products, especially of such a nature; although most, if not all goods are manufactured in China now, regardless.

However, I found a YouTube video from Forensic Detailing which claimed the Chinese Polishing pads are actually, not so bad; it was this which convinced me to give them a go, plus one or two recommendation on here.

Yesterday, I've bought Five 6" Hex Logic type pads for £16 with free postage; certainly not at Chinese prices, but equates to £3:20 each; although not from the supplier referenced in the video by Forensic Detailing but from a UK seller and, this morning, informed they've been dispatched.

If I'd bought 5 premium branded pads, it would of cost in the region £35-40 and maybe another £5 postage.

Last edited by Demented; 11-09-2018 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #27
dholdi
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:

Mmmmm, "Sorry the page you requested cannot be found"

Maybe 2 wongs make a wight

Last edited by dholdi; 10-09-2018 at 07:56 PM.
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:50 PM   #28
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Yesterday, I've bought Five 6" Hex Logic type pads for £16 with free postage; certainly not at Chinese prices, but equates to £3:20 each; although not from the supplier referenced in the video by Forensic Detailing but from a UK seller and, this morning, informed they've been dispatched.

If I'd bought 5 premium branded pads, it would of cost in the region £35-40 and maybe another £5 postage.
If anyone is interested; I ordered pads on Sunday and received them within two days (Tuesday morning).

https://www.m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-...375?nav=SEARCH

Last edited by Demented; 17-09-2018 at 02:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demented For This Useful Post:
CharliesTTS (11-09-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 12:57 PM   #29
riskypicker
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
If anyone is interested; I ordered pads on Sunday and received them within two days (Monday morning).

https://www.m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-...375?nav=SEARCH
Can i ask what machine you use them on?

Ive been using them only on the DAS6 as i thought the Flex vrg might murder them.
riskypicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 01:14 PM   #30
Demented
Sponge Jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by riskypicker View Post
Can i ask what machine you use them on?

Ive been using them only on the DAS6 as i thought the Flex vrg might murder them.
Not yet used them, not use any pads, so nothing to compare them to when I do use them.

I will use them on the Challenge Xtreme DA Polisher available from Argos but with a 5" backing plate.

From images, descriptions and reviews online, the DAS 6 seems to be near identical to the Xtreme DA Polisher, other than subtle differences, like longer cable length, canvas bag and supplied with the 5" backing pad as standard; yeah, I should of bought a DAS 6.

Last edited by Demented; 11-09-2018 at 01:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demented For This Useful Post:
riskypicker (11-09-2018)