Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Lifestyle > The Motoring Zone
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Motoring Zone Just bought a car? Need advice on a car? Want to chat about cars generally? Here is the place to do it.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #1
*MAGIC*
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,044 Times in 1,013 Posts
Talking I-mob Security systems at Valet Magic

Hi Guys

We are pleased to have been appointed head dealer for I-mob UK so I thought I would put some info in here to see if anyone is interested

Ask yourself this - If your pride and joy was stolen, other than call the police and then wait forever to know the fate of the car you love so much what would/could you do? serious question. If our vehicles were stolen yes I would call the police but I would also immobilise the vehicle there and then and also get a gps location for them all in about 2 mins of noticing they had gone. I could also if I wanted, talk into the car or simply listen into them talking to get an idea of who they are.

Scenario 2 - You or your partner and kids are in the car and are approached by a car thief/jacker no need to panic simply ensure you have your phone on you and hand the key over, Then call your car/van and immobilise/track it. However if you have time you can press the panic button fitted inside the car that will call I-MOB and they can deal with the situation the way they feel best. So a vehicle security and personal safety device all rolled into 1.

Vehicle Crime Today

In an increasingly uncertain world you need to be sure that the vehicle security solution you choose is capable of handling the threats we all face today. Vehicle related crime in the 21st Century has demanded the introduction of new security products, products that draw upon the latest technical innovations to combat current methods of car theft such as key theft and hi-jacking.

With key theft representing the vast majority of vehicle thefts and 'car-jackings' in the UK now running into thousands of cases each year these are factors that cannot be ignored. i-mob products offer suitable protection for you and your vehicle.

i-mob products are available for cars, commercial vehicles, plant and machinery, boats and caravans.

Product information

i-mob presents distinct ranges to deal with all possible requirements.

System operation

i-mob systems are extremely easy to use.

It's just like speaking to another person, so if you can use a phone you can use an i-mob.

Owners may interact with their i-mob system at any time using a unique phone number to make direct voice contact. They may also opt to receive SMS confirmation texts if this is more convenient. All contacts require the use of a PIN code to make sure only authorised parties may access the system.

With i-mob there are no complicated instructions to remember or manuals that need to be carried with you. Once in contact a menu driven option list is announced making it easy to gain information from the system, or issue instructions to the system, at the push of the appropriate button on the phone key pad.

With the instruction issued the system will speak to you confirming your instruction has been executed and giving you any information that you have asked for.

i-mob systems feature an internal, prioritised phone book. This means that the owner's key contact numbers are understood by the system along with any remote monitoring services. With these programmed It knows who to call in the event of an alarm, theft or emergency.

So if the i-mob system detects that all is not well it will select the most suitable, prioritised phone number from the memory and issue an alert call to that number.

This direct contact with the owner means that a theft may be confirmed in the shortest possible timescale and steps taken for the recovery to begin.

Nationwide fitting available.

Or the system can be fitted at VM HQ in Camberley, Surrey.

Price from £995.00 + vat this includes your first years subscription.
Subscription is £125.00 + vat per year.

We have a demo vehicle here if anyone wants to see the system in action.

Robbie

I-MOB.jpg

Last edited by *MAGIC*; 05-12-2013 at 01:10 PM.
*MAGIC* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *MAGIC* For This Useful Post:
ianrobbo1 (05-12-2013)
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
ianrobbo1
The Jokes Man

Thanked 3,037 Times in 1,627 Posts
Garage
Always good to see security pushed, especially on high end vehicles, it's still out of reach for someone like me, but I'm sure the more they sell the cheaper it'll become,
ianrobbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ianrobbo1 For This Useful Post:
*MAGIC* (05-12-2013)
Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
*MAGIC*
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianrobbo1 View Post
Always good to see security pushed, especially on high end vehicles, it's still out of reach for someone like me, but I'm sure the more they sell the cheaper it'll become,
For this technology it wont become any cheaper as its the only system like it available.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #4
WHIZZER
T-Cut King (admin)

Thanked 17,556 Times in 6,475 Posts
Garage
Great System been to Robbie's to have a look
Old 05-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #5
*MAGIC*
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHIZZER View Post
Great System been to Robbie's to have a look
Good to have you over mate.

Robbie
Old 05-12-2013, 07:45 PM   #6
Alzak
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MAGIC* View Post
For this technology it wont become any cheaper as its the only system like it available.
There is few very similar products on the market which are able to immobilize remotely your vehicle and give you exact location of your car when is stolen, so I'm not really sure what you mean by saing "this technology" ?
Alzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:47 PM   #7
bidderman1969
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 1,391 Times in 1,069 Posts
Quote:
.......... at the minute

personally, i'd love to have such a system, but again, out of my price range for now
bidderman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:15 AM   #8
*MAGIC*
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alzak View Post
There is few very similar products on the market which are able to immobilize remotely your vehicle and give you exact location of your car when is stolen, so I'm not really sure what you mean by saing "this technology" ?
What systems are they?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #9
DMH-01
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 5,810 Times in 5,068 Posts
Quote:
What systems are they?
There was a system from TRACKER.
DMH-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
*MAGIC*
Distinguished Detailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH-01 View Post
There was a system from TRACKER.
Do they give YOU full control of immobilisation and tracking as others rely on the brand company to do the immobilisation.

This system puts you in the driving seat to talk into the car, fully immobilise and track the vehicle from your mobile phone.

Tags
i-mob, security, valet magic