Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > ODK Wax
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ODK Wax Our aim is to offer luxury car care products but at a realistic price point. All our waxes are handmade and hand poured in the UK, focusing on looks, performance and protection. Only the finest ingredients go into our waxes including high grade T1 carnauba and bees wax, as well as other waxes along with an array of high quality fruit and nut oils to give the very best results. All our waxes come in a high quality 50ml, 100ml and 200ml black glass jars, the 200ml waxes come in our luxury boxes and an applicator pad.

Old 14-06-2018, 09:24 PM   #1
dazzyb
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
ODK Optics Review

ODK Optics

Product
Optics, the new glass cleaner available from 15th June from all ODK retailers.
Comes in a 500ml bottle with a new spray head from previous ODK bottles.

20180614_190013 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

Description
ODK Optics is a high cleaning glass cleaner designed and developed to stubborn dirt from all glass. An advanced formula with a built in anti fog to help reduce the condensation and fogged up windows commonly found on the inside of vehicles. Easy to use and with a stunning Cherry Cola scent.

20180614_190017 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

Application
Spray directly on to glass or a microfibre glass cloth and spread the glass cleaner, spread the glass cleaner, flip to a clean side of a microfibre and buff. Do not spray to much product, less is more. Please use a suitable lint free glass cloth for best results.

20180614_190020 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

Initial thoughts

Lets get this bit out of the way. Yes it smells great. Yes it really does smell of cherry cola, trust me i should know.

2018-06-12 20.15.24 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

Now we have that out of the way we can get on to the less important stuff.
The new spray nozzle spreads the liquid over glass perfectly. Where as the old nozzles seemed to spray it in a smaller area, these seem to spread it across a bigger area.
With this i have found it takes a lot less sprays to cover the glass.

20180614_185824 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

What i have learned from this is that review pictures for glass are really hard to do. my camera would not focus on the dirt to much. Hopefully you can make the difference out.

20180614_185700 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

2018-06-14 20.25.59 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

20180614_185603 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

20180614_185959 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr

Not the greatest pictures but I think with a glass cleaner your not going to get ultimate levels of gloss or the best reflection shots ever.
But you will have glass you can see through.

I found that this did not streak across the glass when i wiped it over. I did about 1/3 of the front windscreen of the van with 2 sprays. Not bad going and pretty economical if you ask me.
I used a wowo glass cloth for this which is what i always use these days which i think helps give a fair comparison against overs.

Pictures cant really do this product justice, well my pictures anyway.
The lack of streaking when wiping over the glass is a big thing for me as its always been a pet hate.

With the anti fog, so far after using it my windscreen has not fogged up. I know this can be effected by the weather and this is not really the time of year for it to happen a lot but as i keep a lot of bottles of water in my van it does seem to get foggy every now and then. I think this will be a test of time and will see how it goes.

Dan knows I am a big fan of Bouncers glass cleaner and that was the bench mark for me. After using this for the last few days now I definitely feel it is a contender.

Price

I believe this is priced at £10 but as always i ended up getting it with a few other bits i picked up so I will leave him to give the actual price just incase.

Would I use it again
Yes I would. As i said before i am a bit fussy about glass cleaners and have binned more bottles than i care to think of.
Its only been recently I have managed to find a couple that work for me, and this is one of them.
I might have to grab a few at Waxstock to keep me topped up.

Sorry for the lack of pictures but I genuinely struggled to get any decent photos for this.

Hopefully this review helped.

Will try get one out for Drift over the weekend if the weather holds out.

I think the pictures will be a bit better for that one.

2018-06-12 20.13.20 by Darren Burchmore, on Flickr
dazzyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to dazzyb For This Useful Post:
Cleanfoam (15-06-2018), deez (20-06-2018), MSwiss (15-06-2018), Obi- Dan Karnubi (15-06-2018), OvEr_KiLL (14-06-2018), Peter77 (14-06-2018), todds (15-06-2018), Tyrefitter (15-06-2018), Zebra (15-06-2018)
Old 15-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #2
Obi- Dan Karnubi
DW Sponsor + Wax Developer

Thanked 2,117 Times in 802 Posts
Great review buddy, thank you for that. Glad you like the product and look forward to seeing the Drift review
Obi- Dan Karnubi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Obi- Dan Karnubi For This Useful Post:
dazzyb (15-06-2018)