Detailing World Forum banner

Hello to the Newbies Please Support the forum

299K views 186 replies 162 participants last post by  vsideboy 
#1 ·
:wave:
Hello to all the New members , i hope that you get some valueable information whilst on the site and that you stick around and share your experiences with the rest of the members.

Please read the rules HERE so that you know how we like to run the forum.

To help support the forum and keep it running please remember that we have DW stickers and merchandise .

PM if you need more details .

#116 ·
Hello everyone

Hi guys,

Just joined and really excited about getting into detailing, have just bought a Meguiars G22 v2.0.

Now all I need is everything else lol.

I have a '57' plate Astra twintop black, soft paint. I would like to try meguiars range;

Ultimate compound
Ultimate polish
Dark wax (2013)

But, I havn't found any reviews on this site about these products. Anyone used any of the above? if so any good?

Cheers,

Mike

#119 ·
Loving this forum! I'm very new to this level of detail. I joined to learn and I hope I am, albeit slowly. I also wanted to find a detailer in, or close to West Sussex. I approached the one I liked the look of the most only to find he is booked until December. Subsequently I've approached three others and their response has been fairly dismal. They all replied to the initial email and asked what the car was and the colour but failed to follow up on the replies. Not surprised my first choice is busy.
I'm interested in nano ceramic coatings so i wonder if that is what is putting them off?

A big thank you to all those sharing their knowledge so generously! I would attempt this myself but I'm not so sure that would be wise on a new car. Will certainly try it on my wife's ;)

#120 ·
Hello all!

Hi all. Think this is a great forum! Learning loads...
Just ordered my two buckets and grit guards...hoping to cut down on damaging my paint...lambs wool mitt on the way too! Thought i had a good wash routine until i read lots of threads here... Will be a two bucket wash from now on...

My wifes car needs detailed...will be purchasing a machine polisher soon or maybe Santa will bring me one... And i can spend some time over Christmas sorting out the car...alot of scrapes...down to my washing Im afraid :(

Keep up the good work guys and thanks for all the info!

Cheers,
Ray
:detailer:

#122 ·
Hi all.
Newbie here like so many but what a site.
I have been reading many posts about products, procedures, the abbreviations etc & learnt loads.

I never in my dreams thought that cleaning & caring for a car was so addictive.

This winter I plan to build my products ready for the spring so I can put this new found knowledge to the test.

Big fan of angelwax & bilt hamber amazing stuff.

I do have one question though, I have read many threads but cannot find an answer.

My car came with rain x how can I get this off?

Thanks & I hope to post some pics one day 👍

#128 ·
Hi all.
Newbie here like so many but what a site.
I have been reading many posts about products, procedures, the abbreviations etc & learnt loads.

I never in my dreams thought that cleaning & caring for a car was so addictive.

This winter I plan to build my products ready for the spring so I can put this new found knowledge to the test.

Big fan of angelwax & bilt hamber amazing stuff.

I do have one question though, I have read many threads but cannot find an answer.

My car came with rain x how can I get this off?

Thanks & I hope to post some pics one day 👍
Hi to.. add me friend oke?? :)

#127 ·
I've just had my van detailed by a professional and wondered if it was possible for me to do it myself (maybe not as well as the professional but wanted to give it a go), and I came across this awesome forum. I have ordered a few items, including a snow foam lance and snow foam which I'm super excited to use. One day I will get a machine polisher and will use this forum to make sure I get the right one. I've always liked a clean van and car but now I'm going to love a detailed van and car. OCD here I come...

#129 ·
First post

:wave:
Just bought DASPro .
Excellent site with top class info/advice.
I have been hovering about getting into more upmarket detailing and went to an Autofinesse day at Williams Morgan late last year. Excellent day and the hands on tutorial was just what was needed to give me confidence to machine polish and actually try it with superb tuition-even though it was a "taster day"event and not a real training day.
Now I have a machine/pads etc the practice can begin.
Even the old freezer/tumble drier are up for treatment! :buffer:

#134 ·
Hi
I used to use the car wash guys at my local Tesco. I then bought a new car and stumbled across this site...
Now I own a Nilfisk PW and AP Foam Lance, a selection of micro fibre towels and a small selection of AG products.

I'm hoping not too get to :devil: crazy :buffer: into detailing!

#136 ·
Hello everyone,

I am 38 and originally from Goa, India. then Moved to Singapore, now back to Bombay India. I love Cars and recently was bitten by the detailing bug. Ever since i have been reading this site i have gotten inspired and now wash and try and detail the car myself.

Got myself a DA Kestrel DAS6 Pro and some scholls stuff. Looking forward to learning from you people. and sharing my experiences along the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.