Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 06-12-2016, 11:27 PM   #21
Simo87
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeneale View Post
I am with the others, if it was such a good machine and used by detailers, it surely would be published and be well known of, the video, pictures and write up seems good, but why isn't there any reviews?
Or spec sheet, model number etc etc

Simmo,

Tapatalk!
Simo87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #22
steve from wath
Distinguished Detailer

Thanked 2,892 Times in 1,924 Posts
why not use contact details on the site

then youll be able to get details / info you want
steve from wath is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve from wath For This Useful Post:
neilmcl (07-12-2016), nichol4s (25-01-2017)
Old 07-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #23
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve from wath View Post
allow me to answer a few points you have raised,

induction motor rated at 500 hrs ,thats 500hrs constant use,so if you use washer constantly for 5 hours a week, thats approx years, but that is the unit running constantly, !!
dont forget this has auto stop/start, and thermal overload protection , so how long in normal use will it actually last
pump needs oil change every 100 hrs .
all spare parts are readilly available, if the unit ( motor/pump head) fails inside one year then it will be returned to base and replaced, outside this parts are available,seals , pistons , o rings, valves, etc
All trigger guns , hoses in stock in our uk factory .
with a karcher or nilfisk pressure washer do they advertise the motor life prior to selling a unit ?.

hope this helps
It's all good info, why is most of it not on the website? PDFs for stripping the pump head yourself? Or just film yourself doing it and put it on YouTube!

Karcher and Nilfisk do not advertise motor life, but they are trading on years of reputation in the market place. You are asking people to trust your products without that. I know you said your mate's been selling hoses for 30 years, which is great, that doesn't mean these pressure washers are (or are not) reliable. If you want folk to choose this machine over a known quantity, it's no good saying "those guys don't publish motor specs so I won't" - you need to be better than them, otherwise why would I risk my money?

One other question - it says the machine is made in the UK - what is meant by that? ie are you machining brass stock to make the pump head, valves etc? Winding your own motors? Or are you buying components from other UK manufacturers and assembling them? Or buying from overseas and assembling in UK? Or buying an overseas made unit and fitting a casing and a badge to it? Etc. Lots of people are keen to say things are made in the UK these days, but the engineering chops to build a pressure washer doesn't grow on trees, so a little bit more transparency would be appreciated here.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:07 PM   #24
neilmcl
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve from wath View Post
why not use contact details on the site

then youll be able to get details / info you want
Good to see full contact details are now on the site
neilmcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:22 PM   #25
Mcpx

On paper the machine appears to be ideal for our purpose and may well be everything that people are claiming of it, but the 'unknown quantity' for me is still the question of what would happen if something did go wrong.

SG is absolutely right when he says you have to be better than the competition but while you might not be able to offer the same level of support or infrastructure, there is no reason why you shouldn't be shaming them with customer service. That is the one area where small company's have the advantage over the big boys and is very often the deciding factor in people's decision to buy or not. So when things go wrong, and they inevitably will for whatever reason, that should be an opportunity for the little guy to prove to the customer why they are better off with them.

Direct Hoses have failed to do this more often than not, there are plenty of people who have bought their hoses and never had a problem with them so are perfectly happy to recommend them, but we have also seen several cases of people not being happy with their product only to be even less impressed with the subsequent service they receive trying to get the issue sorted. So for me personally, although this machine ticks all of my boxes I am still reluctant to buy one because I don't want to be in the position in 9 months time where there is an issue with the machine and I am getting attitude for it.

Let me ask you all, based on reputation alone, if Qwashers had launched this machine instead of Direct Hose, would we even be having this discussion?
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 12:35 PM   #26
dholdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
One other question - it says the machine is made in the UK
It also says the hose reels are made in the UK, however the pictures are exactly the same as the ones sold from Poland on ebay.

Even down to one of the three bolts that hold the assembly together being significantly longer than the other 2.
dholdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:21 PM   #27
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
It also says the hose reels are made in the UK, however the pictures are exactly the same as the ones sold from Poland on ebay.

Even down to one of the three bolts that hold the assembly together being significantly longer than the other 2.
And this is where "made" can be defined many different ways - it's possible that both DH and the Polish outfit are both buying their components from the same third party manufacturer? I would then say that the reel was assembled in the UK and made wherever.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:23 PM   #28
Blackroc

I've not used the pressure washer machines so wont comment on that, but I have purchased two lots of hoses direct from these guys and have to say the delivery from order and actual quality of the product is spot on and that for me is all that matters.

That said, communication through the website or through the Facebook site if you message directly is very average at best.

Messages not replied to, no follow up when I am promised a reply 'I'll get back to you later with some pictures and info' - 4 weeks later and still no follow up despite me chasing them. I'm not saying that this is the norm for everyone but would certainly make me think twice about ordering again in the future..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Blackroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:07 PM   #29
Mcpx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackroc View Post
I've not used the pressure washer machines so wont comment on that, but I have purchased two lots of hoses direct from these guys and have to say the delivery from order and actual quality of the product is spot on and that for me is all that matters.

That said, communication through the website or through the Facebook site if you message directly is very average at best.

Messages not replied to, no follow up when I am promised a reply 'I'll get back to you later with some pictures and info' - 4 weeks later and still no follow up despite me chasing them. I'm not saying that this is the norm for everyone but would certainly make me think twice about ordering again in the future..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This does seem to be a common experience, and there is a big difference between a £40 hose that is unlikely to ever go wrong and a £200 pressure washer. I do really want one of these machines, but it just feels like too much of a risk.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 08:17 PM   #30
chrisc
WHITEVANMAN

Thanked 2,516 Times in 2,009 Posts
He's actually one of the nicest people you could meet knows is stuff and regarding the reel I've had mine 3 years no issues same with hose and even sorted my trailer to traction engine hose out.
chrisc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to chrisc For This Useful Post:
chongo (08-12-2016), Cookies (08-12-2016), shaunwistow (07-12-2016)