Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-01-2018, 12:44 AM   #11
standy
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Had a search there, what would be recommended as an alternative?

I see the reels of hose can be nought from washers which appear to be s much more professional outfit, at least by feedback and reputation. what about a wall mounted washer?

Thanks
standy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 03:41 PM   #12
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by standy View Post
Had a search there, what would be recommended as an alternative?

I see the reels of hose can be nought from washers which appear to be s much more professional outfit, at least by feedback and reputation. what about a wall mounted washer?

Thanks
I'd look at a Kränzle K1050P - it's their entry level "domestic" model, and as such it doesn't have wheels or a hose reel, and the hose is a cheaper thermoplastic one.

However if you're planning on a static install, with a hose on a wall mounted reel, all you need is to get a hose with M22 terminations, then that will work straight off with the stock gun and outlet.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 07:03 PM   #13
L200wrap
Unwashed Member
 
L200wrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
No-one is saying that when they work, they are not decent machines. However the experiences of those who have had problems, as reported in this forum by well know members, are a cause for concern.
As with anything, it's a matter of opinion!!
L200wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to L200wrap For This Useful Post:
Blackroc (28-01-2018), Simz (24-03-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 08:28 PM   #14
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
macca666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 2,545
Thanks: 2,005
Thanked 1,936 Times in 1,161 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by L200wrap View Post
As with anything, it's a matter of opinion!!
Most things are a matter of opinion however we use this forum to seek the advice and opinion of others on it which then assist us in making decisions of our own.

There's been some positive and some negative on this thread about direct hoses and IMO nothing outrageous so if you don't look at reviews, feedback and advice then what's the point of this forum
macca666 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
bigbruiser (28-01-2018), neilmcl (29-01-2018), OvEr_KiLL (28-01-2018), sean ryan (25-03-2018), Soapybubbles (28-01-2018), steelghost (28-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 09:11 PM   #15
L200wrap
Unwashed Member
 
L200wrap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 24
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by macca666 View Post
Most things are a matter of opinion however we use this forum to seek the advice and opinion of others on it which then assist us in making decisions of our own.

There's been some positive and some negative on this thread about direct hoses and IMO nothing outrageous so if you don't look at reviews, feedback and advice then what's the point of this forum
NOT quite sure where you manage to pull out of the air and assume I haven't read the reviews??????

Have I written I haven't read the reviews good or bad?

Um, no I haven't. I gave an opinion. Period!!!! 👍
L200wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #16
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle
 
bigbruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 567
Thanks: 73
Thanked 273 Times in 219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L200wrap View Post
NOT quite sure where you manage to pull out of the air and assume I haven't read the reviews??????

Have I written I haven't read the reviews good or bad?

Um, no I haven't. I gave an opinion. Period!!!! ��
Why the hostility, your posts read very aggressive or is that just me?

you have had no problems with yours that's great, but other people have had problems and the customer has been beyond bad from their experience and they are sharing which is the whole point of us all using the forum
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbruiser For This Useful Post:
macca666 (29-01-2018)
Old 28-01-2018, 09:51 PM   #17
standy
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I'd look at a Kränzle K1050P - it's their entry level "domestic" model, and as such it doesn't have wheels or a hose reel, and the hose is a cheaper thermoplastic one.

However if you're planning on a static install, with a hose on a wall mounted reel, all you need is to get a hose with M22 terminations, then that will work straight off with the stock gun and outlet.
Thanks for your reply!

They appear to have the best reputation from what I've seen, will have to get the thinking cap on for how to justify the spend in one go for the washer/ hose and reel.
standy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #18
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,483
Thanks: 1,994
Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by standy View Post
Thanks for your reply!

They appear to have the best reputation from what I've seen, will have to get the thinking cap on for how to justify the spend in one go for the washer/ hose and reel.
The two purchases don't *have* to go together - the K1050P is a grand wee machine with or without a hose reel. Or to put it the other way around, you could run your current machine through a reel and enjoy the benefits of a static install until funds were available for the new machine?
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 12:03 AM   #19
standy
Unwashed Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Think thats a/the plan.

Wall hangers for my Nilfisk and a reel, maybe a trigger/lance too depending on costs, anything that costs down on the time messing around getting things going.
standy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2018, 03:12 AM   #20
Mcpx
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,012
Thanks: 78
Thanked 472 Times in 357 Posts
Which Nilfisk do you have? A hose reel will run you £125ish+. The wall hanger is around £20 and a gun upgrade anywhere from £30. Perhaps if you have an older machine it may be more prudent to upgrade to something like the E140 range with built in reel and decent hoses as standard. I have a C110 that I use with an industrial rubber hose and the G3 gun/lance from the E range, the upgrades cost more than the washer but are completely worth it. A good gun and hose make far more difference than more power.

As for the DH washer opinions vary, it is by all accounts a great little machine, we have heard about a couple of them going wrong but so do Nilfisk, Karcher and even Kranzles. Where facts differ from opinion though, is that when they do go wrong, the customer service from Direct Hose is consistently bad.
Mcpx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors