Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 29-01-2018, 07:32 AM   #21
macca666
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,935 Times in 1,160 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by L200wrap View Post
NOT quite sure where you manage to pull out of the air and assume I haven't read the reviews??????

Have I written I haven't read the reviews good or bad?

Um, no I haven't. I gave an opinion. Period!!!! ��
Not wanting to turn this into a debate and go off topic for the OP however at no point did I say or mean to suggest you personally hadn't read reviews i was meaning it generic ie the reviews and feedback are there to be read for everyone however IMO your posts on this thread tend to suggest that others opinions don't matter. Post #6 about the "slating bandwagon" and your use of numerous exclamation marks on the post i responded to. These tend to indicate to me that you think you're correct and the OP shouldn't listen to anyone else.

As I say don't want to go off topic and again it's only my opinion

Last edited by macca666; 29-01-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Typo.
macca666 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to macca666 For This Useful Post:
Soapybubbles (29-01-2018)
Old 29-01-2018, 06:58 PM   #22
standy
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcpx View Post
Which Nilfisk do you have? A hose reel will run you £125ish+. The wall hanger is around £20 and a gun upgrade anywhere from £30. Perhaps if you have an older machine it may be more prudent to upgrade to something like the E140 range with built in reel and decent hoses as standard. I have a C110 that I use with an industrial rubber hose and the G3 gun/lance from the E range, the upgrades cost more than the washer but are completely worth it. A good gun and hose make far more difference than more power.

As for the DH washer opinions vary, it is by all accounts a great little machine, we have heard about a couple of them going wrong but so do Nilfisk, Karcher and even Kranzles. Where facts differ from opinion though, is that when they do go wrong, the customer service from Direct Hose is consistently bad.
Its a C110 I have too, it was less than £100 in a sale years ago like. going to have to do some research.

I'd rather use something not as good with decent customer service rather than fork money over to someone who doesn't give a monkeys about keeping customers.
standy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 10:13 AM   #23
Deje
PC Perfectionist

Undoubtedly, it looks good, I've been dealing with them before and their customer service really sucks, but I'm tempted.
Is there any other option out there that comes close to price and specification?
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #24
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed

Thanked 2,767 Times in 2,070 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deje View Post
Undoubtedly, it looks good, I've been dealing with them before and their customer service really sucks, but I'm tempted.
Is there any other option out there that comes close to price and specification?
It's 8 lpm at ~110bar. The issue with comparing to the Karchers and Nilfisks is that they quote as a headline figure the maximum pressure and flow the system can generate, but these are not performance figures you'd see in everyday use.

For instance, the C130 doesn't actually give you 130 bar - depending on the variant, you might get anything from 100 to 115 bar (or even as low as 85 bar if you're in the US and using the 110V variant!) To compare like for like you typically need to find the manual and look up the nominal or operating pressure and flow, as opposed to the maximum.

Of course there's more to a machine than just pressure and flow, reliability, quality of fittings, size, and level of service when encountering problems etc all come into it.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 03:42 PM   #25
Deje
PC Perfectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
It's 8 lpm at ~110bar. The issue with comparing to the Karchers and Nilfisks is that they quote as a headline figure the maximum pressure and flow the system can generate, but these are not performance figures you'd see in everyday use.

For instance, the C130 doesn't actually give you 130 bar - depending on the variant, you might get anything from 100 to 115 bar (or even as low as 85 bar if you're in the US and using the 110V variant!) To compare like for like you typically need to find the manual and look up the nominal or operating pressure and flow, as opposed to the maximum.

Of course there's more to a machine than just pressure and flow, reliability, quality of fittings, size, and level of service when encountering problems etc all come into it.
Yes, I know it's a jungle, it's even more complicated that some traders enter the flow rate on nilfisk when machines are not pressurized,which differs significantly from when machines are pressurized.

I like the format of the DH machine and that it goes smoothly and nicely to wall mount, but how the specification is correct or not who knows?
Deje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 09:07 AM   #26
Simz

I have had nothing but good service from Direct hoses and live close enough to nip in should a problem arise.
Simz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #27
Scottland
PC Perfectionist

My Nilfisk has just packed up, so just weighing up this vs a Karcher K4...

Really like the size and wall mount of this unit, but the negative reviews put me off a little.
Scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:30 AM   #28
Scottland
PC Perfectionist

I decided to pick one up in the end, and picked up the cheapest model on offer. Only had a quick go with it, but seems decent so far.

My only criticism of it so far is that the inlets and outlets aren't necessarily the most conveniently placed - and depending on where you have it may want some elbows or extensions to avoid a tight bend on the hose going in/out. It's definitely much quieter than my Nilfisk replaced.
Scottland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-2018, 05:24 PM   #29
Simz

Direct Hoses Pressure washer

I’ve been and bought one today,met Mark and he seems like a really nice chap and he admitted at the outset they struggled in some areas but was always keen to put wrongs right, they have more staff now and will be getting out and about to meet people and explain/demonstrate what his company offers, as for the pressure washer it seems fine in first start up but I will do a review after a few months oh and they can be serviced annually for a reasonable price and most parts are replaceable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Simz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simz For This Useful Post:
JR1982 (19-04-2018)
Old 25-04-2018, 11:57 PM   #30
justinio
Washmitt Meister

I’ve had mine for about a year now and still love it. It’s a great little machine and punches well above it’s weight.
justinio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to justinio For This Useful Post:
Leebo310 (08-11-2018)