Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 30-10-2018, 01:08 PM   #1
fabionvieira
Unwashed Member

Polishing pads advice

Hi there. I have a 2016 Nissan Qashqai in dark blue. I’m a complete beginner in detailing and need some advice regarding polishing pads. I have a das6 pro with 3”,5” and 6” backing plates. The car has some swirl marks and doesn’t have any deep scratch. I have already bought a b hamber soft clay bar as the car is washed weekly and doesn’t seem to be heavy contaminated. My question is, as I’m a complete beginner, which pads should I be using keeping in mind that Nissan qashqai has a soft paint. Thanks in advance and let me know if I need to provide any more details to help with your advice.
fabionvieira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 01:32 PM   #2
Itstony
Washmitt Meister

I would advise you to spend some time on YouTube and get some time watching some of the many tutorials on there for starters.
Once you have a better idea about it, this is a good place to ask your questions on what you have seen. It would be very long winded to walk you through from the start.
Itstony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 01:41 PM   #3
fabionvieira
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itstony View Post
I would advise you to spend some time on YouTube and get some time watching some of the many tutorials on there for starters.
Once you have a better idea about it, this is a good place to ask your questions on what you have seen. It would be very long winded to walk you through from the start.
Hi there, thanks for your reply, yes I agree and I have been watching so many YouTube tuttorials and will keep watching as it’s always good to learn. But just wanted to know what would be the best polishing pads for a soft paint as I don’t want to use wrong pads when and just when I decide to give a go to my first detailing.
Old 30-10-2018, 01:42 PM   #4
Sawel
Orbital Oracle

I've done a few Nissan Qashqai's in blue which have been no more than a couple of years old and the paint has been quite nice to work on - it's not soft like typical Japanese paint but is more towards the intermediate side IMO.

I used Scholl's purple spider pad and Scholl's orange neo honey pad. Used a few different combinations but I think you'd get good results when using either of these pads with S20, with the purple pad offering more bite.

Sawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 01:52 PM   #5
fabionvieira
Unwashed Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawel View Post
I've done a few Nissan Qashqai's in blue which have been no more than a couple of years old and the paint has been quite nice to work on - it's not soft like typical Japanese paint but is more towards the intermediate side IMO.

I used Scholl's purple spider pad and Scholl's orange neo honey pad. Used a few different combinations but I think you'd get good results when using either of these pads with S20, with the purple pad offering more bite.

Wow, thanks for the advice and the pics. Looking really great. I always thought that the paint was soft typical japonese cars, I think mainly because my previous car was a bmw 5 series which had a hard paint that wouldn’t scratch with the lighted of the touches as the qashqai.
So you recommend the purple and the honey orange actually I’ve seen it been quite often suggested as a good combo for most of jobs. Thanks once again.
Old 30-10-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
camerashy
'Detailing Devil'

Thanked 2,559 Times in 2,088 Posts
Garage
Great transformation, Sawel, 9 hours well spent.
camerashy is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
nissan, pads, polishing, qashqai