Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Old 07-11-2018, 09:28 PM   #1
tomstephens89
Washmitt Meister

Kranzle hose set ups?

Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a Kranzle K10 and have a question about the pressure hose.

I have purchased quick connect fittings for the gun and Lance's so I am able to easily change between Lance's and snow Foam attachment etc... However I didn't get anything for the hose and of course it's the standard screw fitting on each end.

When packing the machine away, it's easiest to remove the hose and coil it up around my arm then hang it on a hook. Question here is if constant unscrewing/rescrewing of the hose to both the machine and the gun is going to damage the threads over time?

Do any of you guys have some type of quick connect fittings between the machine and gun to allow quick/screwing free removal of the hose?

Or is there nothing to worry about?

Tom
tomstephens89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:42 PM   #2
WristyManchego
Washmitt Meister

Yeah mate, if you’re doing the dirty screw work, look into the quick fittings available for pressure washers. Typically come as a male you attach to the trigger/accessory and a female to attach to the hose.

Exactly the same as an air gun.

The other answer to your question is no, there’s no damage to your threads unless you are a bit solid and like to cross thread. Typically the threads on good quality washers are above the old cross threaddable ratio (made up) where the density is such that you can’t.

Quick connectors are purely to save time.
WristyManchego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 PM   #3
tomstephens89
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
Yeah mate, if you’re doing the dirty screw work, look into the quick fittings available for pressure washers. Typically come as a male you attach to the trigger/accessory and a female to attach to the hose.

Exactly the same as an air gun.

The other answer to your question is no, there’s no damage to your threads unless you are a bit solid and like to cross thread. Typically the threads on good quality washers are above the old cross threaddable ratio (made up) where the density is such that you can’t.

Quick connectors are purely to save time.
Ok so I'm not going to damage these big ass threads so long as I'm not an idiot and crossthread. What quick connect fittings would I need for the hose to machine and hose to gun then as I believe these are different than the ones I have from gun to Lance's.

I do have another plan.... If I was to get a 20m pressure hose on a reel, this washer could live where it sits in the garage and I'd have no need to move it outside. I could leave the hose reel connected to the machine all the time and just have a quick connect between hose and gun.

Suggestions?

Tom
Old 07-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #4
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle

I just did the same on my K10 i went for M22 to 3/8 couplings
I have used equip2clean & pressurewasherpartsuk on ebay all 1st class

Stay well away from Q washers IMO really terrible service, faulty parts nightmare to get hold of and attitude save your self the headache
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:05 PM   #5
WristyManchego
Washmitt Meister

Yeah mate, great idea with the permanent reel, much easier than lugging. 20m of quality of hose ain’t cheap though.

Call your Kranzle rep mate, I’m sure they’d be happy to send recommendations and give you what you need.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #6
tomstephens89
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Yeah mate, great idea with the permanent reel, much easier than lugging. 20m of quality of hose ain’t cheap though.

Call your Kranzle rep mate, I’m sure they’d be happy to send recommendations and give you what you need.
The hose fittings are all the same M22 type as the ones used between Lance's and gun. So I can just get the same TEMA ones that I got here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113186096404

A female threaded female connector for the unit itself, a male threaded female connector for the business end of the hose. Then a male threaded male connector for the machine end of the hose, and a female threaded male connector for the gun hose bit.

Make sense?
Old 07-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #7
WristyManchego
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstephens89 View Post
The hose fittings are all the same M22 type as the ones used between Lance's and gun. So I can just get the same TEMA ones that I got here:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F113186096404

A female threaded female connector for the unit itself, a male threaded female connector for the business end of the hose. Then a male threaded male connector for the machine end of the hose, and a female threaded male connector for the gun hose bit.

Make sense?

Why are you telling me? You’re the one that asked mate.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #8
tomstephens89
Washmitt Meister

Quote:
Why are you telling me? You’re the one that asked mate.
Answering my own questions again!
Old 07-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #9
WristyManchego
Washmitt Meister

Ha, righto. Glad you found what you were after.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:56 PM   #10
tomstephens89
Washmitt Meister

Looks like about 130 notes for a decent hose on a reel with stand. Plus another 50 for the fittings.