Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > ODK Wax
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 20-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #1
deez
Sponge Jockey

REVIEW: ODK Attire Tyre & Trim Dressing

REVIEW: ODK Attire Tyre & Trim Dressing

Attire is the offering from ODK for your Tyre & Trim needs, leaving a rich satin type finish to tyres, and a smooth OEM finish to trim.

The product is available exclusively in a 250ml bottle, with an awesome dispenser type head. Presentation wise, the colour compliments the two other products available in the ODK range for tyre and wheel needs (ODK Rotate wheel cleaner, and ODK Momentum Wheel Wax). The label design as expected is consistent with other products in the ODK brand range. The liquid is less viscous than you would normally see for a gel dressing.

For the review, the car in question is a 2017 Mercedes S-Class, wearing 20 inch Pirelli P-Zero tyres.

Pre wash

The wheel was first pressure washed, then given a full and thorough clean using ODK Rotate with numerous wheel and detail brushes for the barrels and the faces. The Tyre was thoroughly degreased with degreaser and a tyre brush.

Tyre Degreasing

Prior to application, I used a Metrovac Sidekick to blow away all water from the arches, tyre, alloy wheel and bolts. To apply ODK Attire, I used a Klin Korea Tyre Dressing Applicator, turning the bottle slightly and squeezing a few ml onto the applicator, choosing to apply less rather than more until I got a feel of how the product delivers. The dressing adheres immediately to the tyre surface, and spreads easily. I loaded up the applicator progressively in small amounts and continued to apply to the remaining tyres.

Klin Korea Tyre Dressing Applicator with ODK Attire

The results are immediately obvious, leaving a beautiful rich satin finish, which compliments the cars class and calibre, not being excessive in gloss or a boisterous distraction to the rest of the car. Over the course of two weeks with poor weather, motorway driving and general use, the finish held up well but it was time for a wash so I couldn’t monitor durability after two weeks. I’m confident that had driving conditions been more favourable to maintaining a clean car then the finish could have continued longer, summer should confirm this!

Tyre finished with Attire

The product leaves no sling, it is non patchy, and the product doesn’t allow you to over apply to one particular area. There’s only so much that one area can absorb, and this is advantageous as it prevents wastage and will offer a consistent finish across all tyres assuming that preparation has been done to the correct level. The bottle dispenser is perfect as it prevents any messy hands, and closes without any drips or spills.

ODK Attire is a solvent and silicone based dressing, so preparation is an absolute must if you want to yield the best results from the product. The flipside is that removing a silicone based dressing takes a bit more effort on the next maintenance wash, so I feel this product is more suited to vehicles that won’t get washed again within two to three weeks, as the extra time for prep (to ensure durability) is then offset thus pairing the best product for best results and durability. During the maintenance wash the hydrophobic and beading characteristics of the product became very apparent and I found myself jetting away at the tyres just to see this!

I recommend this product to all those who seek a premium tyre and trim dressing, that’s easy to use, and offers a durable, rich satin finish. Despite being a premium product it is still economical to use as not very much is required for application, it does not over apply, and is priced at £10 for 250ml. Attire can be purchased directly from ODK or from their authorised resellers (links below).

I give this product 9/10, falling short only on my personal preference of slightly more viscous dressings, despite this however the product remains easy to use and is my go to for a durable dressing and offering the characteristics that it does.

https://www.odkwaxes.co.uk/product/a...dressing-250ml
https://www.odkwaxes.co.uk/page/odk-stockists

deez is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to deez For This Useful Post:
dazzyb (21-06-2018), Obi- Dan Karnubi (03-07-2018), Peter77 (20-06-2018), Sicskate (03-07-2018), todds (26-06-2018), Wrigit (20-06-2018)
Old 20-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
Peter77
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Great review buddy. Looks like a nice finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Peter77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:26 PM   #3
BrummyPete

Good review, seems to leave a nice finish

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
BrummyPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 05:37 PM   #4
OvEr_KiLL

Thanked 1,524 Times in 1,270 Posts
nice review man, attire is great stuff
and i use rotate in a bottle with a foaming spray head, works great at 10-1 for sealed wheels
OvEr_KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #5
TonyHill

Good review, but would be nice to see close ups of the actual tyre dressing on the tyre, the current pics are dominated by the wheel
TonyHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
Obi- Dan Karnubi
DW Sponsor + Wax Developer

Thanked 2,105 Times in 795 Posts
Thanks for the review mate, appreciate the time taken out to post this. Glad you like the products
Obi- Dan Karnubi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Obi- Dan Karnubi For This Useful Post:
deez (06-07-2018)

Tags
dressing, odk, trim, tyre