Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > The Official DetailingWorld™ Review Section > LSP
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
Luke M
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,425 Times in 828 Posts
Detailingworld™ Review Waxed Junkies Coco Copernicia

Waxed Junkies Coco Copernicia

Introduction:
Waxed Junkies are the all new sister company to ODK. For those not in the know, Waxed Junkies aims to be reasonably priced, fun and easy to use. This wax retails for £12

The Product:

The £12 wax comes in a 150ml plastic jar with eye catching labels and usage instructions on the rear.

This one shown is a pre production one and as such shows an uncharacteristic flaw in the wax which is not a standard feature.

As the name suggests it has a glorious chcoloate scent.

What the manufacturers say:

Chocoholics beware! Coca Copernicia is not only one of the best smelling waxes on the planet it also leaves a stunning rich warm glow on exterior paint surfaces. Coco Copernicia will maximise the finish giving that stunning Carnauba glow we all love to see. A high Carnauba content wax that you certainly need in your detailing arsenal!

The Method:

The first thing that strikes you with this wax is the smell. It smells good enough to eat.
Once you are past that the wax itself achieves what Dan from Waxed Junkies wanted to achieve. It is incredibly easy to use. It was easy to load the applicator but also difficult to overload it.

It applied easy and had just the slightest hint on grab which dissipated as the applicator needed recharging.

I gave the required amount of cure time and came back to attack it with a plush Korean microfibre.

It removed well, again with the slightest grab on the initial wipe which went away once the wax was buffed. Again making this a pretty fool proof wax. So far so good for a £12 wax!

Onto the finish, this actually brought a smile to my face on removal as it gave a finish that a £12 wax shouldn't

Water behaviour was good too.

Price:

Don't know if you know this but this is a £12 wax! There should be no question that this should be in your collection at that price.
Available here:
http://www.waxedjunkies.co.uk/store/...pernicia-150ml

Would I use it again?:

Absolutely

Conclusion:

This is the second Waxed Junkies wax i've used and i continue to be impressed by them. Clearly they come from a stable with heritage being an ODK sub brand so you can buy knowing they will be made well and perform great.

"Detailingworld™ reviewer has followed the Manufacturers Instructions and accepts no responsibility to any circumstances arising from any member using these products or following this test"
Luke M is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Luke M For This Useful Post:
Alanalan (05-02-2017), Brian1612 (03-02-2017), Jamesrt2004 (02-02-2017), PKNEC (08-02-2017), todds (02-02-2017)