Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 16-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #11
s.khakh
Sponge Jockey

Nice cars. I would have the Toyota engined car for more reliability or a vx220 turbo
s.khakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
Pearcy
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuggers View Post
very nice cars, look good too!! But I reallyvwant to know your wash process now after you said you would be crucified!! LOL. I'm guessing it involves a strong soulution of TFT a big pressure washer and some express wax!! Am I close??
Your not far away! It involves 1 bucket, fairy liquid, a yellow petrol station sponge and a jetwash (its pretty weak tbh).

Thanks for the comments guys, they are nice cars to drive though apart from the Fiat 500 i learnt in it's the only car i've driven and that was only once at a trackday (he can be quite trusting at times) He has a Rotrex powered honda exige in the garage i've been dying to get my hands on for a long time, another few cars should do it!

The next update will be in a few days time, i have a 340R with only 4000 miles to do, looking foward though it has no doors so i'm going to have to work that one out....

About the reliability issue, we've owned approx 60 elises and we've not had any fail on us apart from the race car, to me it's 99% treatment 1% luck whether you will get HGF. I've been a passenger in a VXR220 and was a tad unimpressed tbh though it was a long time ago mind.

Last edited by Pearcy; 17-07-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Pearcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #13
JasonPD
Orbital Oracle

Cars look good even if you did use fairy liquid on them, any reason why you didn't use a car shampoo?

I'd say the leather on some of them look a bit 'shiney' for my liking but I really liked the under arch shot with the wheel off, nice
JasonPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Pearcy
Unwashed Member

The simple reason being my dad controls the product budget (he moans enough as it is) and if i started getting wash mits etc he will just stare at me blankly. Although i think i will get a shampoo, any reccomendations? (only have access to halfrauds and autosmart)

The leather does look a bit cheap but i just haven't found a nice and convinient product to use on them, i have the autoglym cream but that makes them just as shiny. I am starting to get there, only recently started using wax (autosmart) have some applicator pads, microfibre cloths etc but the problem is if i start getting everything it gets quite expensive with the snowfoam, wax, shampoo, clay etc etc.
Old 17-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #15
Braz11
Washmitt Meister

Garage
fantastic set of Elises there! Looking good
Braz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #16
THE PERSIAN
Sponge Jockey

I'm living the dream.

Last edited by THE PERSIAN; 17-07-2010 at 05:02 PM.
THE PERSIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to THE PERSIAN For This Useful Post:
madeinsheffield (02-07-2015)
Old 19-07-2010, 08:16 PM   #17
Pearcy
Unwashed Member

Ok guys 340R time, turned out to be a pain in the ass this one... First off it's in mint condition although very dusty and quite light dirt but everywhere! I was a bit cautious with the products i use something on the chassis which in strong doses can ruin alluminum and polished metal, i've found the perfect balance and technique for this product on the inside chassis. The problem was this car has lots of different metal finishes so was probably a bit over cautious in the end but it turned out ok, haven't done a full clean on the outside yet waiting for a later date (just polish, wax etc). Not only that but unlike the elise which is a pain in the ass anyway to get to the footwell this has no doors and lots of bits in the centre so it's a very tight squeeze, should probably make my own Elise Sutra book or something. Anyway, i went in **** first and these are the results.

Before

After

And just a quick Elise i did, the colour has grown on me somewhat...

Old 19-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #18
CupraRcleanR
DW Poet Laureate

I went down to the local Lotus dealer in Bristol a couple of months ago. ?I tried getting in on with the roof on and honest to god I got so far and had to pull out as I thought I wouldn't be able to get out of it!!! This sills are a foot wide!!!!!
CupraRcleanR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2010, 08:30 PM   #19
Pearcy
Unwashed Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupraRcleanR View Post
I went down to the local Lotus dealer in Bristol a couple of months ago. ?I tried getting in on with the roof on and honest to god I got so far and had to pull out as I thought I wouldn't be able to get out of it!!! This sills are a foot wide!!!!!
Theres definately a technique to it, theres guys well over 6 foot and 18 stone able to get in and out easily enough. Try going in head first!!! That really sucks, especially when you get stuck between the gearstick and the steering column.
Old 02-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #20
daveb99
Unwashed Member

I know this thread is 5 years old.....but if you can respond saying what you used to get the alloy interior chassis areas so clean, I'd appreciate it
daveb99 is offline   Reply With Quote