Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Wheels, Tyres & Exterior Trim Sponsored by ValetPRO - ValetPRO was founded in 2005. We are a UK based company and manufacture our products from ValetPRO HQ in Newhaven, East Sussex. Our vision at ValetPRO is to produce the highest quality car care products and to be the trusted brand of choice for retailers, professional detailers and car care enthusiasts everywhere. We value creativity and are constantly looking for new ways to improve our existing products or develop new ones. We are on hand to provide expert advice on our products and we are always happy to hear about your experience from using any of the ValetPRO range and receiving any feedback that you may have.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #11
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 763
Thanks: 16
Thanked 241 Times in 203 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Thanks.

Maybe I've misunderstood.

From the website:

".....Corrosion Block – Is the Industrial / Marine version of ACF-50. The main difference being a marginally thicker film and better suited where there may be dissimilar metals (my highlighting) and / or salt water spray – so more suitable for Automotive/Marine/Industrial use...."

Hence I thought it ideal for the mating face between alloy wheels & steel hubs.

Regards,

Andy.
Hi Andy,

From experience with products its more like http://www.ammopro.co.uk/shop/5/AMMO...2a3e6d2f07b788
its good stuff for spraying down suspension components on the winter wheels of clean but not suitable for matting faces, I've use many products to stop wheels rusting on the hubs and ceramic grease is the best suited due to its high temp point, no metallic particles in it and the viscosity stop it migrating places you don't want
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:18 AM   #12
AndyN01
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Staffordshire
Posts: 1,167
Thanks: 1,039
Thanked 683 Times in 494 Posts
Cheers \Rian.

Much appreciated.

Andy.
AndyN01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #13
SadlyDistracted
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire/Cumbria border
Posts: 321
Thanks: 48
Thanked 88 Times in 81 Posts
Garage
Try a silicone grease, or one with ptfe or ceramic additives as they're a) waterproof, b) non conductive - both theses properties help stop metals/dissimilar corrosion ;-)

As for caliper pins this may be ocd
a) clean the sliders and tubes
b) coat/spray them with moly, e.g. Castrol Opticoating TF Spray, then
c) use a silicone high ptfe grease (as the silicone generally dosnt affect rubber/boots etc.).
With this I've never had a problem with sticking caliper sliders :-)
SadlyDistracted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SadlyDistracted For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (07-12-2018)
Old 06-12-2018, 04:38 PM   #14
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 763
Thanks: 16
Thanked 241 Times in 203 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadlyDistracted View Post
Try a silicone grease, or one with ptfe or ceramic additives as they're a) waterproof, b) non conductive - both theses properties help stop metals/dissimilar corrosion ;-)

As for caliper pins this may be ocd
a) clean the sliders and tubes
b) coat/spray them with moly, e.g. Castrol Opticoating TF Spray, then
c) use a silicone high ptfe grease (as the silicone generally dosnt affect rubber/boots etc.).
With this I've never had a problem with sticking caliper sliders :-)
Can you recommend me a silicone grease with Ceramic additives, looking to compare prices as ceramic grease aint cheap
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 07:12 PM   #15
SadlyDistracted
PC Perfectionist
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Lancashire/Cumbria border
Posts: 321
Thanks: 48
Thanked 88 Times in 81 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rian View Post
Can you recommend me a silicone grease with Ceramic additives, looking to compare prices as ceramic grease aint cheap
Hi Camerashy,
My gotos,
Silicone with ptfe
For alloys/hubs
https://www.smithandallan.com/produc...plus-2-grease/
They occasionally appear on Ebay,
or
For caliper pins
Technicqll 55% PTFE Silicone Grease
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-100ml-...s/302419667445
One thing about this is that it separates in storage so requires a thoroughly mixing before application.

And for cermic grease I just use
https://www.granvilleoil.com/techDat...Data?ptdID=498
SadlyDistracted is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SadlyDistracted For This Useful Post:
AndyN01 (07-12-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 763
Thanks: 16
Thanked 241 Times in 203 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SadlyDistracted View Post
Hi Camerashy,
My gotos,
Silicone with ptfe
For alloys/hubs
https://www.smithandallan.com/produc...plus-2-grease/
They occasionally appear on Ebay,
or
For caliper pins
Technicqll 55% PTFE Silicone Grease
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-100ml-...s/302419667445
One thing about this is that it separates in storage so requires a thoroughly mixing before application.

And for cermic grease I just use
https://www.granvilleoil.com/techDat...Data?ptdID=498
I can get a 500g tub of creamic grease for about a tenner so I think ill just stick with that as its the superior grease

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Granville-0.../dp/B00KIMKCNK
\Rian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors