Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Waxes, Sealants & Paint Protection Sponsored by DODO JUICE Light Fantastic , Banana Armour, Orange Crush, Rainforest Rub, Purple Haze - www.dodojuice.com

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 07:55 PM   #1
v_r_s
Sponge Jockey
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 55
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Spray sealants on top of wax?

Just got hold of some fusso King of gloss and sonax spray sealant.

If I clean the car properly and apply the fusso
Could I then do my maintenance washes and apply sonax spray sealant to top up the fusso coat.

Just wondering if this is a thing obviously takes a lot longer to apply fusso by hand every wash in the winter than it would using sonax spray sealant.
v_r_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #2
Andyblue
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
Andyblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Hiding all the Black Friday / Christmas detailing stuff bought :)
Posts: 3,987
Thanks: 1,420
Thanked 1,885 Times in 1,653 Posts
I do - my car has AG UHD wax on and gets a top up with a 50 / 50 mix of Sonax BSD and AG Aqua wax following a wash.

Will be looking to try a new wax on it shortly, but this will still get topped up after a few weeks
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 01:50 PM   #3
pt1
PC Perfectionist
 
pt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 475
Thanks: 107
Thanked 204 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_r_s View Post
Just got hold of some fusso King of gloss and sonax spray sealant.

If I clean the car properly and apply the fusso
Could I then do my maintenance washes and apply sonax spray sealant to top up the fusso coat.

Just wondering if this is a thing obviously takes a lot longer to apply fusso by hand every wash in the winter than it would using sonax spray sealant.
Yes...but you probably won't need to top it up for a while.soft 99 products are pretty durable

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #4
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 762
Thanks: 16
Thanked 241 Times in 203 Posts
Garage
I dont think you'll get and answer that will answer your specific question but as a general rule its wax over sealant.

However I had some megs gold class wax I was trying to use up this summer and I would top it wil DoDo juice future Armour in the drying stages and it sat happy over gold class I could tell because the beading was different.

DoDo juice future Armour is a true spray sealant not like BSD or Aqua wax as they are spray waxes or Quick detailers.

I think you should try it and let us know how you got on so the next person asking this question has a bit of info
\Rian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:20 PM   #5
pt1
PC Perfectionist
 
pt1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 475
Thanks: 107
Thanked 204 Times in 156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by \Rian View Post
I dont think you'll get and answer that will answer your specific question but as a general rule its wax over sealant.

However I had some megs gold class wax I was trying to use up this summer and I would top it wil DoDo juice future Armour in the drying stages and it sat happy over gold class I could tell because the beading was different.

DoDo juice future Armour is a true spray sealant not like BSD or Aqua wax as they are spray waxes or Quick detailers.

I think you should try it and let us know how you got on so the next person asking this question has a bit of info
I have topped up fusso coat with bsd over winter..works fine.both have very similar gloss and hydrophobic qualities

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
pt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:28 PM   #6
\Rian
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)
 
\Rian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Taunton
Posts: 762
Thanks: 16
Thanked 241 Times in 203 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt1 View Post
I have topped up fusso coat with bsd over winter..works fine.both have very similar gloss and hydrophobic qualities

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
BSD aint no spray sealant it has coconut oils and its a quick detailer.

Dont get me wrong I love BSD but its not a sealant

Sonax BSD is not a true sealant is has Surfactants for cleaning so this alone makes it a detailer

SECTION 3: Composition/information on ingredients
3.2 Mixtures
Description: care emulsion
Dangerous components: Void
Regulation (EC) No 648/2004 on detergents / Labelling for contents
aliphatic hydrocarbons, anionic surfactants < 5%
perfumes, methylisothiazolinone, benzisothiazolinone, sodium pyrithione

Last edited by \Rian; 07-12-2018 at 05:32 PM.
\Rian is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors