Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tools -Machine polishers, Pressure Washers, Detailing Equipment & Microfiber Sponsored by Detailed Clean : www.DetailedClean.co.uk – | Bilt Hamber | Dodo Juice | Nanolex | Sonus | Wolfs Chemicals + More | Loyalty Scheme Discounts |

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-2017, 12:03 PM   #31
markcaughey
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 642
Thanks: 48
Thanked 185 Times in 138 Posts
Hmm, as I said either way I will be waiting until spring so will have a good think and by that time maybe both options will have been tried out on here and will have a bit more to go off. Has anyone in the U.K. actually bought a lance set up from Obsessed Garage.

Either way its a lot of money for a lance setup, I have wanted the OG one for a while and considering the price difference (I don't think is that much) I think I would get the OG one. It might seem daft or waste of money to some but I just wouldn't want to feel I was missing out for the sake a little more. Would definitely be interesting to see a comparison video between the two.

Last edited by markcaughey; 21-11-2017 at 12:13 PM.
markcaughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #32
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 529
Thanks: 616
Thanked 258 Times in 152 Posts
Garage
Thinking about whether it's worth it; the final cost for the Mosmatic is going to be around £155 for the gear, plus shipping, plus import duty / VAT. Given it's coming via courier you will definitely pay the duty, so I think you're talking well over £200 all in, maybe £230.

Good point SG...

The VAT & Duty will put another £40 odd on the full package! Including delivery that will be nearly £300.

However, I have another plan. My sister in law is off to New York in 2 weeks. I might be able to get it delivered to her hotel then she will bring it home! That will save postage and VAT & Duty!!!

What do you think? Surely that's the way to do it!
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #33
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,481
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Hmm, as I said either way I will be waiting until spring so will have a good think and by that time maybe both options will have been tried out on here and will have a bit more to go off. Has anyone in the U.K. actually bought a lance set up from Obsessed Garage.
I'm sure I've seen a couple of posts saying that they were thinking of it. Can't remember anyone actually saying they'd pulled the trigger (ha!)

When I've got the last couple of bits sorted for my setup I'm thinking of doing some sort of video "walkthough" since this sort of thing seems to get quite a bit of interest. Might help you decide one way or t'other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D 88 View Post
Thinking about whether it's worth it; the final cost for the Mosmatic is going to be around £155 for the gear, plus shipping, plus import duty / VAT. Given it's coming via courier you will definitely pay the duty, so I think you're talking well over £200 all in, maybe £230.

Good point SG...

The VAT & Duty will put another £40 odd on the full package! Including delivery that will be nearly £300.

However, I have another plan. My sister in law is off to New York in 2 weeks. I might be able to get it delivered to her hotel then she will bring it home! That will save postage and VAT & Duty!!!

What do you think? Surely that's the way to do it!
If you've got someone who happens to be able to get it there and bring it back then that does change the economics Bear in mind it's going to be moderately heavy so your SiL might need to check how close she is to her weight allowance! Also, given it's a "gun" (albeit not that kind of gun) she might want to be ready for some nosey parker in the US to ask to see inside her case
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (21-11-2017)
Old 21-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #34
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 529
Thanks: 616
Thanked 258 Times in 152 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
I'm sure I've seen a couple of posts saying that they were thinking of it. Can't remember anyone actually saying they'd pulled the trigger (ha!)

When I've got the last couple of bits sorted for my setup I'm thinking of doing some sort of video "walkthough" since this sort of thing seems to get quite a bit of interest. Might help you decide one way or t'other.



If you've got someone who happens to be able to get it there and bring it back then that does change the economics Bear in mind it's going to be moderately heavy so your SiL might need to check how close she is to her weight allowance! Also, given it's a "gun" (albeit not that kind of gun) she might want to be ready for some nosey parker in the US to ask to see inside her case
I will message Matt and see what he thinks and if he will deliver to a hotel in New York. Sister in law and her bloke are getting 2 extra cases for the way home!

With no delivery and tax it's gotta be the way forward!

Rob

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #35
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle
 
bigbruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 526
Thanks: 61
Thanked 253 Times in 202 Posts
Steel you defo need to do a walk through i have learn so much from this thread
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbruiser For This Useful Post:
steelghost (21-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #36
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,481
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcaughey View Post
Hmm, as I said either way I will be waiting until spring so will have a good think and by that time maybe both options will have been tried out on here and will have a bit more to go off. Has anyone in the U.K. actually bought a lance set up from Obsessed Garage.

Either way its a lot of money for a lance setup, I have wanted the OG one for a while and considering the price difference (I don't think is that much) I think I would get the OG one. It might seem daft or waste of money to some but I just wouldn't want to feel I was missing out for the sake a little more. Would definitely be interesting to see a comparison video between the two.
This guy has.
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
markcaughey (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #37
bigbruiser
Orbital Oracle
 
bigbruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 526
Thanks: 61
Thanked 253 Times in 202 Posts
Think im going to pull the trigger on that ebay basket Steel made at £80 it going to be better the the std lance just hoping it all fits together lol
bigbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbruiser For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 09:55 PM   #38
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,481
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbruiser View Post
Think im going to pull the trigger on that ebay basket Steel made at £80 it going to be better the the std lance just hoping it all fits together lol
Oh man the pressure!

(Give me two ticks to re-read all those links and be sure I haven't 'd something up somewhere?)
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to steelghost For This Useful Post:
Rob D 88 (22-11-2017)
Old 22-11-2017, 09:57 PM   #39
Rob D 88
Orbital Oracle
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 529
Thanks: 616
Thanked 258 Times in 152 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbruiser View Post
Think im going to pull the trigger on that ebay basket Steel made at £80 it going to be better the the std lance just hoping it all fits together lol
Get the one from QWashers. £160 delivered and is pretty much identical to the Mosmatic one I want. I spoke to Damian today and he told me what the specs are.

Sounds very impressive for the money with all stainless connectors!

I am going to order!

Rob
Rob D 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #40
steelghost
Detailing at Double Speed
 
steelghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Stockport
Posts: 5,481
Thanks: 1,993
Thanked 2,761 Times in 2,067 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelghost View Post
Oh man the pressure!

(Give me two ticks to re-read all those links and be sure I haven't 'd something up somewhere?)
Re-checked all the links, it will definitely all go together and do the business, it will need a bit of putting together but no big deal there.

Only thing I'm not sure on is what the gun end of a Karcher hose looks like? The list I specced up earlier in the thread assumes an M22 female hose termination, like in this pic. If you have some sort of Karcher bayonet fitting on the end it won't work, you'll need some sort of other adaptor, maybe the one that Damian demonstrated in the video posted earlier in the thread...
steelghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
DTO Garage vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors