Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Detailing Products > Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Polish/Cleaners/Compounds/Glaze Discuss Polish/Cleaners/Compounds and Glaze here - Sponsored By g3pro

Old 02-10-2018, 09:53 AM   #1
WristyManchego
Sponge Jockey

On the hunt for a new compound...

So Iíve been using Menzerna from the get go, about 10 years ago I was a professional detailer but moved on and have only now just returned to do a few side jobs.

That means I have compounds and polishes 10 years old but still stand up to the task and in fact, produce excellent result:

The problem Iím having is dusting, slinging, quick clogging of my foam pads and hard removal from the panel. Every evil. This is mostly with menz PO85RD 3.01 cutting compound which does a solid job but it tricky to work with and so extends detail time.

To troubleshoot Iíve tried a variety of methods such as misting the pad, working the compound into the pad thoroughly, reducing the area for each session, substituting harder and softer pads and doing a pre rinse/mid car rinse of the pad to remove the residue. I always prime my pads and always use a pad conditioning brush which helps kick the dust off.

Once I hit the polishing stage the menz PO85RD polish goes on a treat, it has a long polishing time and allows for lovely smooth contact with the pad and clear coat. Occasionally there is some dusting and sling but itís manageable.

So Iíve come here to see what people recommend as the few polishing vids Iíve watched recently on YouTube make it look a walk in the park compared to my experience.

What do you recommend these days? What compounds and polishes are the most user friendly and reduce or nullify the problems Iím having above?

P.s. I use Lake Country CCS foam pads (every colour in stock). No Microfibre or wool pads owned.

Last edited by WristyManchego; 02-10-2018 at 10:45 AM.
WristyManchego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 10:27 AM   #2
ENEP
Washmitt Meister

Some of the very popular for the moment - in the end all of them are good modern products, personal preference plays a large role to finding your favorite. Read up on comparisons and reviews or buy and try.

Menzerna - new range
Sonax - proffessional range
Scholl - S-range
Detailing Kingdom - 1.1 and Finale
Koch Chemie H8, F5, M2
Polish Angel - Master compound
Angelwax - Resurection, Regenerate, Redemtion
CarPro - Clearcut, fixer, reflect
ENEP is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ENEP For This Useful Post:
todds (10-10-2018), WristyManchego (02-10-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 10:47 AM   #3
WristyManchego
Sponge Jockey

Iíve read good things about Sonax (already love their interior products) and Polish Angel Master Compound.

Iíd be keen to try MC but not sure if I can justify the cost. Iíll have to crunch some numbers.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:03 PM   #4
pawlik
Orbital Oracle

The problem is in the Hyundai paint, not Menzerna. Same problems with almost all Asian clearcoats (except Toyota/Lexus) They have very thin and sticky paint. More oily polishes are more suitable for this type of paint. That's why more lubricated 85RD ( now SF 3800) has less issues.
pawlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #5
WristyManchego
Sponge Jockey

On the hunt for a new compound...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawlik View Post
The problem is in the Hyundai paint, not Menzerna. Same problems with almost all Asian clearcoats (except Toyota/Lexus) They have very thin and sticky paint. More oily polishes are more suitable for this type of paint. That's why more lubricated 85RD ( now SF 3800) has less issues.

Had the same issues with paints from all over the globe with 3.01.

The Menz gear did the job and it looks great, just a messy one. Had to clean the surrounding driveway and carport.
Old 11-10-2018, 09:06 PM   #6
Porta
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

I havent used RD3.01 in almost a decade. Try out PF2200 and the New SHC300 or FG400 green line.
Porta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Porta For This Useful Post:
WristyManchego (11-10-2018)