Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > Manufacturers and Private Label Brands > G3 Pro
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 27-04-2017, 11:32 PM   #1
Arch Enemy
Sponge Jockey

Question Best product to remove faint scratches?

Hi!

I have some light scratches on my boot lid, they don't catch your nail so they appear to be very fine, but the polishes I tried didn't fade them much.

I bought some G3 Scratch Remover and using the white waffle pad, worked it in, this didn't really fade them much either.

Is Scratch Remover the wrong product? Would the Paint Renovator do a better job?

The car is only a few months old, and it's a BMW (if that makes any difference to the paint).

Thanks.
Arch Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 12:20 PM   #2
G3 Pro
Forum Sponsor

Hi there,
G3 Pro Scratch Remover is the coarsest of the 3 rectification compounds. This can show up minor defects as it permanently removes heavy ones. Using G3 Pro Paint Renovator will help remove lighter scratches, and G3 Pro Colour Restorer will remove even finer marks such as swirls and holograms.
If you have minor marks that scratch remover doesn't seem to budge, try G3 Pro Colour Restorer with the Black foam. It has proven to be very forgiving as the black foam is quite soft. No need to use too much pressure.
I hope this helps. Please let us know how you get on and if we can help any further.

P.S. after you have removed these marks, from a detailer's point of view, use a layer of wax to protect it. Allow the wax to dry to a haze a carefully / lightly rub off. You'll need a wax that can be easily removed as rubbing hard on the surface can add additional defects, even with most cloths. G3 Pro SuperGloss Paste Wax is an easy glide product.

kind regards,
The G3 Pro Team
Old 28-04-2017, 08:23 PM   #3
Arch Enemy
Sponge Jockey

Hi.

I have bought some Colour Restorer and Paint Renovator and tried both on the scratches, both with black and white pads as suggested. And I've tried the Scratch Remover again...

The scratches do not fade at all! This is incredibly frustrating. They aren't deep as my nail doesn't catch in them...
Arch Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #4
chongo
"Professor"

Thanked 4,585 Times in 2,774 Posts
Garage
I've seen your pictures and to be honest you'll not remove them at all with them products and especially by hand.

I would suggest you either buy a DA and learn how to use a machine polisher or see if anybody on here lives close to you that has a DA or Rotary, and your last resort is find your nearest pro Detailer to have a look.
chongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:36 AM   #5
G3 Pro
Forum Sponsor

Dear Arch Enemy, sorry for your frustration. If you don't mind, could you send your images to enquiries@farecla.com with a bit of text about your enquiry and the scratches we'll get our technical team to look at them as soon as possible. We'll get back to you and post on this feed.
Chongo's advice seems reasonable but before we agree we would like our technical team to clarify in more detail.

kind regards,
Old 26-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #6
Dan J
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage
You won't get any correction by hand on BMW paint it's too hard, as chongo has rightfully advised you'll need a machine or a pro in your area with experience to have a look at it for you and possibly sort it for you/advise you.
Dan J is offline   Reply With Quote