Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Showroom Detailed something and want to show it off? Do it here... This is the place for you to show the world....

Old 18-02-2018, 03:19 PM   #1
Benfr16
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Black Seat Ibiza FR - One step detail

So my car was involved in an incident where I had to swerve. It went through insurance and I was fobbed off with a fiat 500, which I'm sure the insurance company paid dearly for. It took six weeks to get my drive shaft, alloy and brake disc replaced. The whole situation drove me mad.

When it comes to getting it back, the car wasn't around and the guy went off to bring it round. About ten minutes later, my car arrives having had a very very quick once over with a shop towel. The interior components were more dirty than when it was taken away. I should of said something about not washing the car but it slipped my mind! I've been searching for a day to get the paint in better condition. The paint was never perfect but now you could see swirls that were really quite bad. Quite a few RDS to add to the mixture as well.

I started the day with a thorough wash using autoglym body shop conditioner and Koch chemie green star.

The green star worked great but my sprayer doesn't work properly but I managed to persevere for today. I jet washed this off and applied bilt hamber autowheel to the alloys. I then jet washed the wheels after preparing the wash buckets. You can see the improvement following the use of just the green star in this picture. I Highly rate it!

I re- applied the autowheels for a second dose and washed the car's body. Having jet washed the wheels for a second time, I washed them with a noodle and mitt using a strong dose of the body conditioner.

Next I proceeded with bilt hamber regular clay. I know it says to use water but I marred my paint a bit last time so I used a mix of body conditioner and water to lubricate the surface.

I washed the paint again to get rid of the shampoo mix. I like the way the water behaves after claying. It's a good sign that you've done a good job! I used a new microfibre noodle mitt to ensure I didn't reintroduce anything to the paint. It was pretty cheap and felt surprisingly safe to use.

I'd say that the regular clay is rather tough for "regular". It works well but I would probably pick "soft" clay if I were buying again.

Having dried it off, I proceeded with menzerna 3500 and a white chemical guys quantum pad. I followed each panel with bilt hamber double speed wax. I'd apply wax to the previous panel and after around ten minutes I'd return to buff the wax off as I went along as I was racing against winter daylight.

All was going swimmingly until my DA packed in. It started playing up when I was about 70% of the way around so I just persisted with the new random speed feature. It started cutting out and eventually died. I'm sure it's something to do with the power cable - the fuse and plug are fine. Might just sack it off it was only £25 off eBay.

Luckily managed to source a DA from a guy who is a friend of a friend. Good old car community coming through! I only had half of the boot, the rear bumper, half of the front bumper and half of the spoiler left! Unfortunately it was now dark and cold and the car was getting covered in condensation so I left it two days to finish the remainder of the car.

I have just finished the boot and spoiler and the front bumper & wing mirrors. I've had the chance over the last two days to see how well the double speed wax works. Overall the car looks great! It isn't perfect but for a car that does >500 miles a week, it's not too bad! During the first day, I also applied Meguiar's Tyre dressing with a slim's applicator pad.

Having polished off the last few areas, there was a bit of dust on the paint work and I didn't want to use non-clean products on the freshly detailed paint. I decided to jet wash the dust away and then went on a brief boost up and down the main road which allowed >90% of the water to sheet off nicely.

I finished off by giving the interior a good vacuum and found some horrible water stains on the plastic of the door cards. I used the koch chemie and sprayed it onto a microfibre cloth and buffed it in before using a damp cloth to remove the product. Got pretty good results!

Forgot to take an interior pic but took one now.

If anyone has any good ideas about cleaning up the cloth interior, i'd appreciate that!

Here is the finished product. None of these pictures have filters or have been edited! I didn't manage to get all of the RDS out but I can live with those if the general quality of the paint is pretty good.

This one was at night when there was a bit of condensation on the car

Last edited by Benfr16; 18-02-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Error
Benfr16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Benfr16 For This Useful Post:
AS_BO (18-02-2018)
Old 18-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #2
bazz
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,569 Posts
Garage
Send a message via MSN to bazz
looking good
bazz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bazz For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (18-02-2018)
Old 18-02-2018, 05:27 PM   #3
Benfr16
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Thanks
Old 19-02-2018, 12:19 AM   #4
OvEr_KiLL

Thanked 1,512 Times in 1,260 Posts
nice job man.
clean the cloth seats etc with adams carpet and upholstery cleaner
https://www.prestigecarcareshop.com/...lstery-cleaner
used it in my older model fr and worked really well
used this brush http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acata...ush-cat25.html then wiped with a cheap microfibre and dried with a hair dryer
OvEr_KiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OvEr_KiLL For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (19-02-2018)
Old 19-02-2018, 07:50 AM   #5
Benfr16
Washmitt Meister

Garage
THabks I'll bare that in mind !
Old 19-02-2018, 08:22 AM   #6
Andyblue

Thanked 1,278 Times in 1,156 Posts
Looking good, seems to have responded well and beading very nicely
Andyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Andyblue For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (19-02-2018)
Old 19-02-2018, 08:35 PM   #7
Stu Mac

Nice mate, sounds like your bushes have gone in your DA. Check to see if they have worn down
Stu Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Stu Mac For This Useful Post:
Benfr16 (20-02-2018)
Old 20-02-2018, 12:05 AM   #8
Benfr16
Washmitt Meister

Garage
Thanks! I will have a look at some point. Just before it broke, it would sometimes not switch on, then all of a sudden it would fire up if left 'on'. Does that sound like something that could be related to the brushes?

Tags
detail, ibiza, ibiza fr, noob, seat