Detailing World  

Go Back   Detailing World > Gallery > The Showroom > Projects and Restorations
DW Home Forum Home Merchandise Store Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Projects and Restorations Building a car from scratch, restoring your pride and joy, building a track car, or starting a long term project? This is your place to document it.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #161
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Filled the scratch left by someone stealing the badge with a touch up pen:

The badge is on, didn’t grab a picture as I did it on the way out for dinner

Last edited by JoranRaven; 04-08-2018 at 08:35 PM.
JoranRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:13 PM   #162
Forsh
OCD Sufferer (Obsessive Car Detailer)

Garage

FYI. Postimg has a “hotlink for forums” you can click to copy the link then paste directly into your post to post pics

Forsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:24 PM   #163
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsh View Post

FYI. Postimg has a “hotlink for forums” you can click to copy the link then paste directly into your post to post pics

Saves me having to work my way through the options thanks!
Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 PM   #164
footfistart

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoranRaven View Post
In all honesty I’ve no idea, it’s what it came with and I get parts cheap so just put it in. I’ve never even thought about the benefit really

It’s okay. I’ve always wondered apart from the price. I notice a difference just replacing it with a new one. The old smells go away and more airflow. Just haven’t wanted to spend like another twenty pounds on a filter.

Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
footfistart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2018, 09:34 PM   #165
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Went to my friends’ to get a reversing camera fitted, went for an xtrons one to match the headunit:

He removed the glovebox to run the cabling:

Whilst he was working on that I removed and started to split down the number plate light unit:

The number plate connectors were really grubby, I spent some time cleaning it up whilst I was effectively a spare part!

The unit needed a lot of fettling to be able to fit the camera, note to anyone wanting to fit a camera, the one designed to take the space of the boot handle from xtrons does not fit the facelift coupe!

It’s fairly discreet, I’m very happy, it faces down which would not be great for most but I prefer the angle as I only use it for tighter spaces:

Last edited by JoranRaven; 04-08-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 20-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #166
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
The car is now showing its age a little in some areas, mechanically it is in a great place, aesthetically it leaves a little to be desired. I put in an order for a few bits, most of which are small and coming direct from Germany.

This however did not:

Planning to do this myself, I have had it carried out by a pro previously however those seats were in an awful condition and the interior has a few spots that need touching in more so than any extensive work.

Will update with the rest of the parts as and when they arrive and are fitted

Last edited by JoranRaven; 04-08-2018 at 08:39 PM.
Old 21-02-2018, 03:20 PM   #167
andy665

Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,055 Posts
Just make sure to pop the propellant in warm water before you use it and only expect to get about 1 min out of it before it starts to get very cold and potentially clog up. A quick dunk in the warm water soon sorts it out. I learned the hard way - last time sprayed seats I had two cans of propellant and kept rotating them
andy665 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy665 For This Useful Post:
DC240S (21-02-2018)
Old 21-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #168
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy665 View Post
Just make sure to pop the propellant in warm water before you use it and only expect to get about 1 min out of it before it starts to get very cold and potentially clog up. A quick dunk in the warm water soon sorts it out. I learned the hard way - last time sprayed seats I had two cans of propellant and kept rotating them
Thanks for the tips! Hoping as I’ll be working on very different areas the leaving it in warm water will be easier haha
Old 26-02-2018, 06:09 PM   #169
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Came home to a present from Germany, big box not completely full:

Gasket for the front bumper:

Cover for the support plate underneath for acres to dump bolt, the windscreen warning sticker and the released repair clips for rear bumper sagging:

Front and rear bumper brackets, just for completeness:

All part of the aforementioned plan to get the car back to a standard closer to factory (quality rather than removing the modernising touches), I have some time off soon and hopefully the weather is better. Should hopefully result in a much improved look for the car
Old 21-03-2018, 06:58 PM   #170
JoranRaven
Orbital Oracle

Garage
Spent some time today getting a lot of the niggles that need rectifying and taking pictures so I know where they are and what needs doing. It most definitely needs to be cleaned that’s for sure!

The first is this rust spot below the door at the front of the car, I popped to my body shop who said if I remove the sill cover then the price they would charge would be almost as cheap as the materials would cost me anyway
Needless to say it will be going there to get it rectified when painter returns from holiday

Another bit of paintwork, under the bonnet on the lip it has started to flake, this I will do myself as it is out of sight and isn’t corroded:

Rear bumper driver side sagging:

Rear bumper passenger side much tighter but will still have clips put in:

Front bumper driver side, clearly the worst gap! Can also see the non oe wheel arch which will be replaced:

Front bumper passenger side that isn’t as bad as the driver side again but still it will be rectified:

It looks like Friday will be the day where the bumper gap is rectified along with getting the parking sensors working again (hopefully) as it seems 2 sensors have stopped working and I have replacements ready.

Last edited by JoranRaven; 04-08-2018 at 08:41 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to JoranRaven For This Useful Post:
Tuddie (06-11-2018)